• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: NX = portable w/ carts, detachable controllers, Tegra, TV Out, no BC, Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm noticing a trend in the tone of your posts.

Edit: Sorry, I made a mistake. I still find that tone annoying though.

You find realism annoying? I've been saying many times that they're probably not going to announce an event three weeks out. Still continues to be the case. Either that or the event is actually not in mid-September and it's too early to announce anything at all. Still I can't see them announcing any major news before September.

Ok, let's try to bring back some possible games speculation.

Shin'en in a recent interview with Italian website NintendOn

http://www.nintendon.it/intervista-martin-sauter-shinen-108994/2

(don't worry, the interview is actually one page long, but they included the translation for the second page)
Shinen had a Wii U launch title ready to go so I imagine something along those lines. It was a remaster of the 3DS Nano assault game, I think. Maybe Fast Racing Neo Neo

(don't worry, the interview is actually one page long, but they included the translation for the second page)

My impression from reading that is it seems like they're kind of annoyed that they can't talk about it yet. Can't really blame them for that I guess.

Good to know (/be heavily implied) that some indies have devkits though!

Just a random thought. Do you think the SCD's could be used for anything other than gaming? I bumped into Stanford University's Folding@home site a few months back, where when your PC is idle, your PC will solve protein folding equations to help find cures for diseases like Alzheimer's, Huntington's and Parkinson's. Kind of thought up that idea since Nintendo seems to be interested in Quality of Life.

So when your NX is idle, you can either opt to do rendering work for other NX gamers, or you can have your SCD work for Stanford to help study diseases, but the SCD's would all connect to each other and work together like one huge processing grid.

Just popping in this thread today to say I REALLY miss playing Nintendo games.

Started using my 3DS for the first time in forever, and I really want the NX to give me a reason to come back to Nintendo. I think I was probably pretty burnt out on them this last gen, so I got a good break and now I need em back in my life

jdstorm

Banned
Sounds like crazy talk to me. Are you saying they could require people to own 4 NXes to run some games?

No nothing like that. Just that if you were playing with friends in a local multiplayer situation you would get some kind of boost. Then eventually if you bought a Home Console Version/update in a year or so combining both would give the player a power boost.

It's probably uninformed crazy talk. I'm just trying to make sense of the Suplemental computing device patent, and from an uninformed perspective this seems like a possible lead as to how Nintendo could do it.

Noi_

Banned

I honestly think Tekken 7R is coming to this thing. Like, there's really no reason it shouldn't. The NX is rumored to support UE4, right? So why not? if you need anything further, they released the Wii U version of TTT2 and it turned out to be the definitive version. All of the DLC on disc, an extra Nintendo exclusive mode and a bunch of Nintendo costumes. And with bamco developing the latest smash and pokken? I think there's a good relationship there.

Zoon

Just a random thought. Do you think the SCD's could be used for anything other than gaming? I bumped into Stanford University's Folding@home site a few months back, where when your PC is idle, your PC will solve protein folding equations to help find cures for diseases like Alzheimer's, Huntington's and Parkinson's. Kind of thought up that idea since Nintendo seems to be interested in Quality of Life.

So when your NX is idle, you can either opt to do rendering work for other NX gamers, or you can have your SCD work for Stanford to help study diseases, but the SCD's would all connect to each other and work together like one huge processing grid.

Something similar to this was in the patent. Can't remember specifics but you actually get rewarded for "sharing" your SCD's power.

They float, Fourth. They ALL float.
Evidence for NX being It:
  • The both lure you in with an irresistible facade only to leave you hanging and hopeless.
  • Once you're in the Deadlights you never have to grow up. Same with NX speculation.
  • NX will rely on gimmicks. Clowns love gimmicks.
  • They are both 2 letter words.
  • Tegra does "floating" point math. Need I say more?
  • NX will likely come in multiple colors. Pennywise promises balloons of "all colors."

ozfunghi

We can't have possibly be at this point, now.
Especially considering how unprepared we are for this. We have no one who can make a perfect Reggie's voice imitation, what a travesty!

No announcement yet, but I feel better now :p

Hey hey hey... what do we think we're doing? Fell off the wagon so soon?

801.jpg

Samemind

Today i was ruminating over my penchant to buy games with interesting local MP, which made me to think about the differences between local and online. I noted one of the things you can't do very well through online is point stuff out on the screen with your finger. Which made me think, wasn't there a Nintendo patent that mentioned finger tracking? Besides the magnet shaped controller. That seems like something Nintendo would try, transmitting data to simulate pointing something on screen to online friends.

I can not emphasize enough how much less stressful this wait is if you just stop worrying (and learn to love the bomb).

Seriously guys, the speculation game is fun, but don't create actual expectations right now. This is one of the most unpredictable companies in the business, at their most unpredictable. I'm totally ready for even Eurogamer to be wrong, even though I think their report is the most credible at this point.

Just remember that the stakes for the speculation game are all imaginary. Nobody wins a trophy at the end!

majik13

Holy hell what did I miss?

The self driving Tegra

So when your NX is idle, you can either opt to do rendering work for other NX gamers, or you can have your SCD work for Stanford to help study diseases, but the SCD's would all connect to each other and work together like one huge processing grid.[/QUOTE]

PS3 had folding@Home built into the OS. You could opt in to let it use the machine while it was idle. Also debug or devkit PS4s will all connect and use spare cpus cycles for build processes. So I have heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom