• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer Polls Critics and Devs for Best Games of the Generation. Hilarity ensues.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

You can click the spoiler below for the actual top 10, but the following games did not make the list.

- Red Dead Redemption 2
- God of War
- The Last of Us 2
- Sekiro
- The Last Guardian
- Metal Gear Solid V
- Death Stranding
- Resident Evil 7
- Overwatch

Actual top ten. Kentucky Route Zero made it!

10. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
9. Threes
8. Nier: Automata
7. Slay the Spire
6. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
5. Titanfall 2
4. Kentucky Route Zero
3. Outer Wilds
2. Bloodborne
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Both of those lists are awful.

Reactions: Fuz
Of the games that didn't make the list, only OW and God Of War are surprises to me, albeit mild ones. My personal list includes MGSV but can wholly understand the divisive opinions it created.

As for the list itself, I personally endorse only two (Bloodborne - my personal GOTG - and maybe Witcher 3). But I also have only played half of the games therein, so my opinion is relatively limited.

FeldMonster

I am just happy that I have actually played/care about a game on the list, TitanFall 2, and I think it is well deserved.

For movies, I would be 0/10.

kunonabi

I wouldn't put any of these games on my list but it doesn't seem that far off from the usual GOTY lists that get put out.

mcjmetroid

Legitimately a great list.

Threes? The game is about as unpretentious as you can get.
Putting it on a game of the generation list is very pretentious. Just throwing it there to show how knowledgeable they are about gaming.

The game itself is probably good but cmon game of the generation candidate?

Yams

Putting it on a game of the generation list is very pretentious. Just throwing it there to show how knowledgeable they are about gaming.

The game itself is probably good but cmon game of the generation candidate?

I really don’t agree. The game received a lot of coverage back when it was released and was very successful. I think it was rated the best iOS game of 2014. Even my parents downloaded it.

Would I add it to my personal list of best games? No, but I also don’t think it’s inclusion is meant to be pretentious. If anything, the pick is catering to a more casual audience.

Without clicking the actual list, I'm going to try to guess one... um... Sex-Life Is Strange 3: Tell Me Why (I Have to Be a Powerslave) Pink Edition.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Nothing like a game that re-uses so many enemies types in a different color to get number 1 spot. Or the delicious shrine animations that are exactly the same for all 120 shrines.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
A jury of 19 whole people... Gee Eurogamer your inclusivity is both stunning and brave,

Miles708

I feel like Yakuza 6 should appear in every one of these lists, if not in the top 3, at least in the top 10. What a fantastic ending for that series.

small_law

I actually respect outlets that don’t put these type of lists together. You end up comparing criteria rather than games, so the lists aren’t honest. I mean, any game of the decade list that doesn’t have Fortnite on it seems kind of stupid. That game by itself had more influence on profit models for video games than every other game on their list put together. And you can’t say that doesn’t matter because the more money the industry makes, the more it expands and allows for stuff like Kentucky Route Zero.

well BotW is absolutely deserved at #1

the game I miss here is The Witness, Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro.

Bullshit, botw isnt nearly perfect, it should be 10th and witcher 1st if anything

If otherwise identical game would release on ps4+one and be called "Xelta" = nobody would give it 10/10

Nintendo games almost always gets 1-2 points too much as "nintendo bonus" + are praised even if they have issues.

Last edited:

JimboJones

Bullshit, botw isnt nearly perfect, it should be 10th and witcher 1st if anything

If otherwise identical game would release on ps4+one and be called "Xelta" = nobody would give it 10/10

Nintendo games almost always gets 1-2 points too much as "nintendo bonus" + are praised even if they have issues.
Nah they would be sniffing it's farts for years to come.
Geoff Keighley would be rushing in to dedicate entire game show awards to it.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?

tenor.gif

Kadayi

Banned
I wonder how many dead accounts are Eurogamer are suddenly going to come up out of the earth to protest the fact that' the game that shall not be named' wasn't unanimously declared 10/10 Masterpiece GOTG 🤔

Good to see KRZ in there. Also, Threes is super addictive. If you've never played it, for the love of your free time...don't install it.

Last edited:

JimboJones

I wonder how many dead accounts are Eurogamer are suddenly going to come up out of the earth to protest the fact that' the game that shall not be named' wasn't unanimously declared 10/10 Masterpiece GOTG 🤔

Good to see KRZ in there. Also, Threes is super addictive. If you've never played it, for the love of your free time...don't install it.
I never even heard of the game Threes until this thread. I'll have to check it out.

Witcher 3 should be #1.

The first Titanfall multi-player is superior to the second game. Tho they are both great I'd put TF1 on this list instead or just have an entry for both games as a series.

Otherwise an OK list I suppose.

Banned

Witcher 3 with it's extremely repetitive quests, very basic game mechanics and only passable fighting system? fuck no.

I wouldn't even say it's top 10 worthy.

Top Bottom