• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Sony mandates Vita Remote Play for all PS4 games that don't use camera.

Mr. Protagonist

Neo Member
Hopefully this mandate does about as well as Vita sales.

EDIT: Bah! I meant to say that I hope it supplements Vita sales, not that this is a bad thing. Really, how could it be bad? Apologies for the confusion.

RulkezX

If the eye is bundled , that could be a lot of games not offering streaming play.

I'm currently trying to get a cheap vita from eBay , but that was based on the assumption all gamed were required to ship with a vita control scheme.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Like what I said in the previous thread:

This is kinda like Wii U right? Only more expensive and next gen?

Durante

Not really news at this point, we already had yosp (who is a pretty good source!) unofficially confirm this months ago.

As a Vita owner, I think it's a really cool feature. Also, 4x OGSSAA for 1080p games!

AniHawk

the eye being bundled won't make the system cheap.

but the vita-ps4 connection is why i wasn't ready to write the handheld off just yet. if there was no new console on the horizon, then yes it would be dead, but we'll have to see how it performs with the ps4.

This still won't shift any Vita's.

Well, at least one...

I will get a Vita for this (and some other goodness, to be honest... It's just the last drop for me to switch over)

Love the off TV-play feature on the Wii U, and this will be even better with the OLED screen.

Wasn't it already known ? I think I can remember reading somewhere about devs having to give Sony Vita-compatibles input mappings of all the games they develop for PS4, so...

Still great for the system, of course !

Raist

Banned
Not really news at this point, we already had yosp (who is a pretty good source!) unofficially confirm this months ago.

As a Vita owner, I think it's a really cool feature. Also, 4x OGSSAA for 1080p games!

Pretty much. Although IIRC he said "that's the plan" but some anonymous dev source isn't exactly an official confirmation either.

AniHawk

Doesn't read like the camera will be bundled. Not sure how people are reaching that conclusion...

except those that require the use of its bundled stereoscopic camera, the PS4 Eye.

that part

The lack of support for titles using the PlayStation 4 Eye isn't particularly surprising. While the Vita has its own cameras, they lack the resolution of the bundled PS4 camera (not to mention the stereoscopic elements)

also that part

Dabanton

i.e the camera if it's not bundled it's going to be DOA.

If it's in the box devs know every user has one and it can be used for many things. I'm sure Sony don't want to shoot themselves in the foot before this gen has even kicked off.

KaiserBecks

I hope Remote Play isn't that hard to implement. Otherwise we'll end up having tons of games that support the camera for no reason.

Nero3000

Why is everyone confused about the camera being bundled, that was said during the reveal conference.

Also I would assume it's two 720p cameras and 4 microphones in a plastic case. Not very expensive, especially since Sony themselves can knock them out at cost from raw materials. I don't think there is any special hardware to this and all the hardwork is done in software.

Top Bottom