• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europe: Professor Layton in November

Shiggy

Guess what Nintendo's big Christmas DS title will be in Europe? Right, Professor Layton & the Curious Village which was released last year in Japan. Developed by Level5, it will see a full localisation for all major European languages, including German, French and Italian. The title is planned to see a big advertisement push among other games from the Touch Generation.

Expect to see this little adventure in European stores on November 7th! A press release will follow soon.

(At least we will get a full localisation after such a long wait.)

Barrett2

My God, Europe hasn't gotten this yet? Sucks for them.

When will the US get the sequel? Wasn't that rumored for this winter?

Days? This reminds me of a puzzle.

You have 10 capsules. From today you need to take one
capsule each day, but each pill is different and must be taken on a
specific day. They are all the same size and color and cannot be
distinguished between so you have decided to write numbers on them
to help you remember. How many numbers will you need to write?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
JonathanEx said:
You have 10 capsules. From today you need to take one
capsule each day, but each pill is different and must be taken on a
specific day. They are all the same size and color and cannot be
distinguished between so you have decided to write numbers on them
to help you remember. How many numbers will you need to write?

Insufficient information to solve the puzzle, just like it was in Layton.

Intuitively the answer would be 8, since you take the first capsule today before labeling them, then you label all of them except for the last one, which you don't need to label because it's the last one. If you can't take the first pill without labeling it, 9.

Of course, if you could divide them into multiple piles, for n piles you can get away with not labeling n capsules--the last in each pile. Add one extra that you can get away with if you can get away with the first pill. With two piles (left pile = odd days, right pile = even days), you label all but the last one in each pile and when you get down to the two unlabeled piles, just use the pile number that you're on to determine which to take. This also means that with 10 piles, you don't need to use the labeling system at all, because the pile number is the capsule number.

Layton chose to go with:
, which I think is fair except for the fact that it fails to provide information saying that you can
take the first pill without labeling it
, which would seem to be a corner-cutting/cheating action, but it doesn't allow you to
divide into multiple piles
which really is another action on the same level of sensibility.

I loved Layton, but so many of the puzzles had mild internal logic issues like this.

You mean it's still not out yet! I picked up a US copy from a local retailer months ago. You have to feel bad for the non-English speaking folks though.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Holy shit, the quest for the most imcompetent Nintendo branch goes on then.

Haunted

maxmars said:
Stai scherzando, vero?
No, I'm not joking.

Everyone in Europe should be able to speak at least basic English. And you don't need advanced English knowledge to beat Layton.

/elitist

edit: of course you don't have to import games, if you don't mind waiting.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Haunted said:
No, I'm not joking.

Everyone in Europe should be able to speak at least basic English. And you don't need advanced English knowledge to beat Layton.

/elitist

People speak other languages? Holy sheee..

Haunted

Ninja Kn1ght said:
I can't believe that's still not out here. I played it months ago, it's a good game.
I think I'll get it again when it comes out in November. By then, it'll be so long since I've played it that it'll be like a new experience.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
... and PW3 in october. Go Europe

btw I'm buying the Euro version of PW3 because my 2 other boxes are PAL too, I'm anal like that lol

Shiggy

Since Nintendo is sleeping and doesn't confirm anything, here's the boxart.

2828560724_cbc8f6c569_o.jpg

Shiggy

tha_devil said:
Im glad i allready imported it cheap, because this game will probably be 45 euro (60 dollar) in most stores

Where do you live? In Germany the recommended retail price is 39.99 € (for most Nintendo games).

jesusraz

Shiggy said:
Since Nintendo is sleeping and doesn't confirm anything, here's the boxart.

2828560724_cbc8f6c569_o.jpg
That box is FAR better than the US one and will really appeal to the Euro market I reckon. Oh and I actually did a story on your original news of the game's release and forgot to source you, so apologies for that :)

tha_devil

Shiggy said:
Where do you live? In Germany the recommended retail price is 39.99 € (for most Nintendo games).
I live in holland, and alot of games are here 45 euro. Maybe this game will be 39.99 since nintendo distributed it. But its still way more expensive than ordering it on play-asia.

Ramenman

Haunted said:
There's no reason not to import DS games if you're in Europe AND ON GAF.

Fix'd.

If you're posting on GAF you're gifted enough on the language side of things to play Layton or Phoenix Wright 3, and those are text-heavy games.

Top Bottom