• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europe: Rock Band this month for Wii, PS3/PS2

Rock Band 1 (Wii, PS3, PS2)

Date: 25.09.2008

Rock Band Bundle (Drums+ Guitar+ Micro) - 25.09.2008 - 139,99 Euro

Rock Band Drumset - 25.09.2008 - 89,99 Euro

Rock Band Guitar (for Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, PS2) - 25.09.2008 - 79,99 Euro

Rock Band Software (PS3) - 25.09.2008 - 69,99 Euro

Rock Band Software (Wii, PS2) - 25.09.2008 - 49,99 Euro

Rock Band Song Pack Vol.1 (Wii, PS2) - 25.09.2008 - 29,99 Euro

Source: Retailer

Blablurn

140€ sounds like a good price. maybe i'm buying this one and later this year the disc only version of RB2.

peetfeet

Does anybody know if the drums etc in the pack are the original versions or the stronger/quieter RB2 ones?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
peetfeet said:
Does anybody know if the drums etc in the pack are the original versions or the stronger/quieter RB2 ones?
It's just Rock Band 1. Same hardware, same everything.

Don't worry, they sell some pads to put over the drums to make them quieter. :lol

Xater

Still way too expensive. Drop the ame or the instruments another 30 euros and then we may be talking. The other thing is that RB2 is comin out soon in the US so this makes it even worse.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
yeah fuck that. i imported it on ps3 in june, got like 100 dlc songs, no PAL version for me. too little to late. ill just import RB2, since PAL wont let me keep my DLC.

Ristlager

Fina-fucking-ly. Is there any way to play Rock Band with ps2 gh2 guitars? And why the hell release this now, when Rock Band 2 is finished? Getting rid of exess hardware??

ymmv

Banned
I'm going to buy GH:WT (full set) and then import just the RB2 game from the US. I'm not gonna be screwed over just because I'm in Europe.

Struct09

M3wThr33 said:
RB1 in Europe hits the other consoles finally when RB2 comes out for 360 the same month? Fucking SHIT.

Not only the same month, but RB2 for 360 comes out in the US before RB1 does for those systems in Europe. I hope the Europeans don't have to put with that much BS for RB2.

snap0212

I will not pay 210€ ($ 303.43) for this!

I'm not going to support this shit - even if I'd really like to play RB. :(

bluheim

Banned
Struct09 said:
Not only the same month, but RB2 for 360 comes out in the US before RB1 does for those systems in Europe. I hope the Europeans don't have to put with that much BS for RB2.

What's even funnier is that RB1 on PS3 alone will probably oversell RB2 on 360 by a huge margin here. Great move Microsoft, way to secure the exclusives that count... :lol

Klytus

I've gone from desperately wanting this game to being totally apathetic towards it.

Sorry, but this whole situation has been absofuckinglutely shocking.

The "instrument bundle" thing is such bullshit. I can't believe they continue to pull that shit when they're upgrading the hardware with each software version. The worst thing is the box for the instruments actually has all the information you'd expect from a Rock Band 1 bundle on it, including tracklistings and screenshots, with only a little reference on the front that it doesn't include the game.

nny

Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

It's quite impressive the way they managed to make a game that was my most wanted for quite some time to something I'll pass. Good job, good job.

Tf53

Keyser Soze said:
I guess this improves the chance for RB2 before Christmas..
Why would it? If this does anything, it hurts the chances of RB2 coming out this year. They've just put out a new product into the market (although it might not be new in other markets), so why push another one when you can still enjoy the profits of the first one?

As for the PS3 version outselling the 360 version, don't forget a lot of the people who are ready to fork out this much for a game might also know how to buy the PS3 version from overseas.

I just don´t get it why they don´t do a RB2 disc release in 2008 (yes, I realize there´s this "we do what we can" bullshit but that doesn´t seem to change anything). I mean, people in Europa buy a shitload of Singstar versions so two games in 3 or 4 months isn´t a bad thing...

or just make the 360 version region free. pls :(

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Okay, let's run the numbers to see if that falls into my measure for sane pricing.

Rock band Europe (PS3): 210 Euro = $299
Rock band US (PS3): $170

Mark-up: 76%

Verdict: Overpriced, but no longer actually criminal. Normal mark-up is 50%, so this is splitting the difference between reasonable and the obscene >100% mark-up on the 360 version.

Also doesn't bode too badly for a 360-only RB2 release this year.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
iapetus said:
Also doesn't bode too badly for a 360-only RB2 release this year.

Exactly - esp. as that 'exporter' app is supposed to be available to Europeans too. Fingers crossed.

I recently got RB1 and instruments second hand a dirty cheap price, but was never willing to pay full whack for it. The prices for PS3, PS2, etc are better but still take the piss.

Klytus said:
I've gone from desperately wanting this game to being totally apathetic towards it.

Sorry, but this whole situation has been absofuckinglutely shocking.
Yeah, this describes how i feel about rock band. Fuck you harmonix, i'll just get GH:WT instead.

But just to be sure, that Rock band bundle does not include the game? :lol

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
HarryHengst said:
But just to be sure, that Rock band bundle does not include the game? :lol

Correct.

Play.com now have the game up for pre-order. Instrument packs are RRP £109.99, £20 less than the X360 version, though they're only marking them down to the same price (£99.99).

If Rock Band had launched at this price on 360, I'd probably have bought it. As it is, I'm going to wait to see what the news is regarding RB2.

Honestly, who fucking cares. EA/MTV really screwed up with the Rock Band franchise in Europe: they can put their huge delay, extreme overpricing and unreasonable timed exclusivity on 360 in their ass.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Steiner_Zi said:
Honestly, who fucking cares. EA/MTV really screwed up with the Rock Band franchise in Europe: they can put their huge delay, extreme overpricing and unreasonable timed exclusivity on 360 in their ass.

Always fills my heart with joy to hear that. :D

That said, I'm the forgiving kind, so if they can actually get the PS3 release and 360 release of Rockband 2 right, I'll still buy.

Xater

iapetus said:
Always fills my heart with joy to hear that. :D

That said, I'm the forgiving kind, so if they can actually get the PS3 release and 360 release of Rockband 2 right, I'll still buy.

Do you really think that will happen? We should have heard by now if they plan to release it this year...

It would be really stupid to buy this considering the better hardware will be out soon with Rock Band 2 and GHIV. I will probably buy Rock Band but not the instruments later on.

How can it be PS3 and PS2? If I bought this for PS3 could I also play it on my PS2?

Top Bottom