• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Nintendo Direct for 3DS on Thursday 7pm BST

ipN9gpNhMOxuc.gif

Where's that "most memorable scene in gaming" thread again???

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
"And then an animatronic goat chomped paper goombas."

My hobby is getting increasingly difficult to explain to others.

Yagharek

we should start a support group for the trama we have gone through :(

I should get another GBm.

Moving on ... does anyone have any impressions of Liberation Maiden? Seems scant on details aside from the trailer with mech action and mech suits. Is it a ZoE type game?

edit: n/m, taking one for the team

Yagharek

Sometimes. Ill give a brief rundown on it once it finishes downloading. Should be another half hour thanks to spotty internet at home.

-GJ-

Goat Attack?

Game of the forever.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star |OT| GOATY
Paper Mario: Sticker Star |OT| Forget Partners, There's A Goat

Why not just 'Paper Mario: Sticker Star |OT| GOAT'? Greatest of All Time seems like an appropriate title if it has goats in it.

zroid

Banned
Keep in mind that we've only seen a small handful of "Things" including the goat, scissors, and that ceramic cat.

Probably so much more awesome stuff packed in here :D

EDIT: what. noticing 4 hours later that this was posted in the wrong thread!

Yagharek

LIBERATION MAIDEN IS AWESOME!

Yep, guess it's kind of like Kid Icarus and ZoE, but its pretty simple, fast and easy to lock on. In fact, it feels like ZoE with analog + stylus controls minus and kind of height control (ie you can move left, right, forward, back etc and strafe, but not up or down).

Also has production values on par with Ace Combat 3DS (just a remake of AC2 on PS1) but probably a bit slicker too.

Well worth it imo, but if youre on the fence wait for some gameplay vids to emerge. As it stands, I'm happy with it and playing on a 3DS XL it is actually quite comfy and not at all cramp inducing.

Just make sure to set strafe to toggle rather than hold in the menu.

Definitely gonna wait until I get Kid Icarus with its stand then. Almost insta-bought it in Shibata hype and since I also liked Killer7.

I can't play KIU without the stand, but I have no problems with LM. Works just fine. I guess it really helps that L isn't used for shooting (only for strafing).

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

Yep, guess it's kind of like Kid Icarus and ZoE, but its pretty simple, fast and easy to lock on. In fact, it feels like ZoE with analog + stylus controls minus and kind of height control (ie you can move left, right, forward, back etc and strafe, but not up or down).

Also has production values on par with Ace Combat 3DS (just a remake of AC2 on PS1) but probably a bit slicker too.

Well worth it imo, but if youre on the fence wait for some gameplay vids to emerge. As it stands, I'm happy with it and playing on a 3DS XL it is actually quite comfy and not at all cramp inducing.

Entirely agreed.

Also, LM wins the prize for the most appropriately named weapon in the history of videogames. Newcomers will see what I'm taking about at the end of mission 1 ; )

moozoom

Is there a "lefty" option to switch the stylus to the other hand and control with the buttons ? Otherwise I won't be able to control it. (I guess this isn't a CP pro compatible game)

You lock on multiple enemies with the touchscreen and fire on release. L is strafe. Frankly, I feel the way LM controls is very similar to KIU, at least ergonomically speaking. I can control both with no issue.
You don't have to push L constanly though, which results in less cramp. Also the gameplay isn't as hectic as KIU. You don't have to dash with the slider for instance.

Yagharek

Is there a "lefty" option to switch the stylus to the other hand and control with the buttons ? Otherwise I won't be able to control it. (I guess this isn't a CP pro compatible game)

I'm right handed and my brief hands on time did not see me finding any lefty options in the menu, but again I wasn't looking sorry. I'll check later if you like.

Might not be able to though without a cc pro xl if it needs to auto detect it first?

Yagharek

you don't shoot manually.

tracing the crosshair over targets locks onto them and once you release, it fires automatically. REZ-style.

Yep, exactly like Rez or Sin and Punishment 2 I guess.

I might do an OT -lite if anyone is interested?

Edit: I'll do one tomorrow but it won't be until about 11am Australia time. Which is about 3am GMT.

Anyone who has media to add, or info they think can be included is welcome to pm me. Especially if you played the Japanese version in guild 01 :)

LayLa

there is no lefty option. what a waste of money, serves me right for buying blind i guess :(

Where are all Nintendo translators right now? Working in New Super Mario Bros. U? I can't understand what's happening with Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing, I suppose they should put more Mario in them. :(

But I'm pretty happy with the eShop content.
NOE translators are said to work on a weird schedule. When they've got no work to do they'll just play games. But I'd guess the Wii U OS and maybe internal documentation on that (do developer kits get translated?) is keeping them a tad busy.

I don't know about profit margins, but how much more money does Nintendo gets when someone buys something from the eShop instead of a regular store?
Depends on the wholesale cost of the item but a wild guess is somewhere in the £25-£30. Nintendo isn't getting all of that as they have to pay GEM and likes (plus their own production costs) so the exact figure will always be unclear.

So you look at it and think £10-£15. However Nintendo have to pay tax. In the UK thats 20% (it can be slightly more or less for different European countries) so £8 of the £40 goes. I'm not sure if thats just on the profit or on the total. If its on the total they're making more like £2-£7 extra. But selling for cheaper would mean less tax to pay but then you might be getting them than selling to retail.

there is no lefty option. what a waste of money, serves me right for buying blind i guess :(
Part of me is wondering if Kid Icarus set a trend. Then again the whole Japan being conformist and writing with the opposite hand is rather standing out.

Still frustrates me they can't tweak the controls a bit. Yes, you still lose circle pad...

Bumhead

Banned
I absolutely love Shibata's accent.

Everytime my ears hear someone speak I want them to translate it into sounding like Shibata.

Top Bottom