• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

Shiggy

The special edition was previously announced, but only now Nintendo of Europe shared pictures.

dc8okkgxoaamguqccui7.jpg

http://www.nintenderos.com/2017/06/...s-titulos-que-estan-de-camino-a-nintendo-3ds/

The special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns includes:
- a physical version of the game (the cover will not have any rating)
- a download code for the original Game Boy game Metroid II: Return of Samus to be redeemed in Nintendo eShop
- a SteelBook®
- a sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise
- a gold ”S" pin badge
- a Morph Ball 3D keyring
- a 40-page artbook

Release date: September 15, 2017

Boxart of the normal edition:

Zalman

I'm so happy they got rid of the ridiculous USK logo for special edition copies. Much more inclined to buy these now.

Smasher89

Watch it cost half the price of a switch, then like fire emblem echoes, dont sell out of the limited editions due to that(again).

As I've been saying since the Wii/DS generation.

Fuck NOA.

Hopefully I'll be able to buy one on Ebay in a year or two at only double regular price.

Ridley327

I'd like the SteelBook more if it actually lined up with the proportions of a GB cart. It looks way too fat.

What is up with NoE's fascination for making these be able to hang on a peg?

LQX

Fucking NOA man. Fucking NOA. And they KNOW, they KNOW this would sell well here but ALWAYS fuck us over. Its like they try to spite us with these special editions.

It's funny to think the 3DS has had more Metroid games than NES, Game Boy, Super Nintendo, N64 and is on par with GameCube, GBA, DS and Wii (unless you count Trilogy as a seperate game). This is a beautiful set.

Shiggy

I'd like the SteelBook more if it actually lined up with the proportions of a GB cart. It looks way too fat.

What is up with NoE's fascination for making these be able to hang on a peg?

That's how retailers can hang them up. Otherwise those games will get a bad position on the floor where nobody will see them.

Probably an 80 price tag at least.

That's what they sold the Fire Emblem Echoes SE for, which came with two amiibos. EUR 60 seems more likely.

I was looking around if any site already had a preorder up and found this on amazon.de, could be €70?

That's the standard edition.

Fuuuuuck, NOA what are you people doing?!

I never buy special editions, but this is the one of the first I've seen that I'd actually order if I could.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
That looks incredible.

Get bent NoA.

Top Bottom