• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2013 - Malmö, Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCX

All the entries for this year's show have been chosen so yeah, time to throw self respect in the corner and ready the glitter and booze.

z22p5Sk.jpg

Here are this year's participants, click the name to listen the entry:

SEMI-FINAL 1:

Austria: Natália Kelly - Shine
Z6ubfBy.jpg

Croatia: Klapa s Mora - Mižerja
OJbYkwO.jpg

Denmark: Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops
ZLV8Ixd.jpg

Estonia: Birgit - Et uus saaks alguse
xFsNc6v.jpg

Netherlands: Anouk - Birds
rU6CCBa.jpg

Russia: Dina Garipova - What If
DwTFmX9.jpg

Slovenia: Hannah - Straight Into Love
BIl7Ukw.jpg

Ukraine: Zlata Ognevich - Gravity
GJSikR0.jpg

Belarus: Alyona Lanskaya - Solayoh
RD5QDWL.jpg

Belgium: Roberto Bellarosa - Love Kills
aMrATx6.jpg

Cyprus: Despina Olympiou - An Me Thimasai
te5shj9.jpg

Ireland: Ryan Dolan - Only Love Survives
MgoXITo.jpg

Lithuania: Andrius Pojavis - Something
zJqlFZ9.jpg

Moldova: Aliona Moon - O mie
NGMmovs.jpg

Montenegro: Who See - Igranka
UvWPrEm.jpg

Serbia: Moje 3 - Ljubav je svuda
OTobLpE.jpg

SEMI-FINAL 2

Azerbaijan: Farid Mammadov - Hold Me]
8Iugvp8.jpg

Bulgaria: Elitsa Todorova & Stoyan Yankoulov - Samo shampioni
cap0rOd.jpg

Finland: Krista Siegfrids - Marry Me
eJSXGvt.jpg

Iceland: Eythor Ingi - Ég á líf
uTtYiec.jpg

Latvia: PeR - Here We Go
oT0DRde.jpg

Macedonia: Esma & Lozano - Pred da se razdeni
2twSvrM.jpg

Malta: Gianluca - Tomorrow
InbHzY9.jpg

San Marino: Valentina Monetta - Crisalide (Vola)
j0Reppl.jpg

Albania: Adrian Lulgjuraj & Bledar Sejko - Identitet
u0yMEDR.jpg

Armenia: Dorians - Lonely Planet
vv6LoiR.jpg

Georgia: Nodi Tatishvili & Sophie Gelovani - Waterfall
alfNHCs.jpg

Greece: Koza Mostra feat. Agathon Iakovidis - Alcohol Is Free
GSZ8rvO.jpg

Hungary: ByeAlex - Kedvesem
p2Cl2ya.jpg

Israel: Moran Mazor - Rak bishvilo
9mLrnP7.jpg

Norway: Margaret Berger - I Feed You My Love
CbBIq8n.jpg

Romania: Cezar - It's My Life
lPncm2D.jpg

Switzerland: Takasa - You and Me
uCXQHCo.jpg

AUTOMATICALLY IN THE FINAL:

France: Amandine Bourgeois - L'enfer et moi
dWnejSq.jpg

Germany: Cascada - Glorious
F89jG3S.jpg

Italy: Marco Mengoni - L'essenziale
EQuYbu2.jpg

Spain: ESDM - Contigo hasta el final
Iqh9Xn6.jpg

Sweden: Robin Stjernberg - You
H49S2A4.jpg

UK: Bonnie Tyler - Believe in Me
zAP9EeP.jpg

Previous threads:

Who's your favorite, who's the most ridiculous one and who's... well, something else? Let's do this!

untitled-7b4mu6.gif

Oh and thanks for Damon Bennet for reminding me to do the thread.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
oh man, it's still almost two months to go. seeing this thread made me hope they moved it up or something.

Yeah! great thread, mate!

Btw: The Damon Bennet-Certified Eurovision Drinking-Game is something you need to do:

The rules:

- Meet up with some friends. Everyone will have 4 Countries associated with him.

---> 1 Country that the bookmakers think has a high chance of winning
---> 1 Country you like/think can win
---> 1 Country someone in your eurovision party assigns to you
---> The Country your eurovision party takes place in. If your country does not participate, chose one, which everyone in your party likes.

- For the show casually drink a ton of beer, to survive absurdity of the show

- You are probably already drunk from the high amounts of beer, but: Everytime one of your 3 countries scores 8 Points or higher -> Drink one shot. Make sure to bring enough schnaps!

- When the country you live in (or the one you chose for your party) scores 8 points or higher, EVERYONE will need to drink a shot.

- Once you are drunk enough, it will be even more fun to sing the chorus of the song over and over again, each time one of your countries scores 8 points or more.

There is no winner! Everyone is a winner, because everyone will be incredibly drunk and it will make eurovision a ton more enjoyable.

Warning: Make sure to not touch your phones, the temptation to actually vote a billion times for one of the contestants is incredibly high once drunk.

GCX

oh man, it's still almost two months to go. seeing this thread made me hope they moved it up or something.
Just going with the tradition, the thread has usually appeared in mid March because all countries have locked their entries by now.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
The German song ain't even that bad. I was expecting a lot of cringe, but it's ok. Pretty generic.

regardless of the quality, i'm expecting nil points for you from cyprus. and possibly many other countries.

eurovision, expert, can't succeed by being a dick, shot yourself in the foot etc. etc.

thomaser

I usually hate the songs we send to Eurovision, but this year Norway's song is actually pretty good. She could work on her pronunciation, though.

Ashsturm

Bah humbug, all these contestants look young and sane (Bonnie Tyler excepted)... looks like it's up to the choreographers need to bring it again this year

GCX

Bah humbug, all these contestants look young and sane (Bonnie Tyler excepted)... looks like it's up to the choreographers need to bring it again this year
One of the songs is titled Alcohol is Free.

I don't think we need to worry.

addik

Yeah, Eurovision 2013! I have been looking for someone to play a drinking game with, but no one I know is interested in Eurovision.

But anyway, is it me or are there some decent songs this year? Last year, I was only rooting for Italy, but now I love Malta and Ireland, and like Hungry, France, Austria, and others (haven't watched all to decide my top picks).

Or maybe I just stooped a new low in my life because this will be my third Eurovision?

Bladenic

Huh, it's in Sweden this year? Does that mean we won last year?

Are you kidding me? Go listen to Euphoria by Loreen right now.

Anyway, I've heard Sweden, Germany, and Romania. I like Sweden but it's no Euphoria, I like Glorious, and I hate Romania's entry.

Yeah, Eurovision 2013! I have been looking for someone to play a drinking game with, but no one I know is interested in Eurovision.

But anyway, is it me or are there some decent songs this year? Last year, I was only rooting for Italy, but now I love Malta and Ireland, and like Hungry, France, Austria, and others (haven't watched all to decide my top picks).

Or maybe I just stooped a new low in my life because this will be my third Eurovision?

I know, its hard to convince people that the eurovision drinking game is worth it. but once you convinced them, it will be incredibly fun!

Jamie OD

Wow, Cascada is entering this year? Germany's sending out the big guns. Sort of.

Haven't heard Ireland's entry yet but I automatically apologise in advance.

Guess I'll sub to this.

My friend from Malta's got me watching this every year. This year, she made me watch the Maltese finals via stream and I'm indifferent to the guy they picked (was surprised they even went with the song they chose) but I love watching all of the other countries' performances.

Fritz

YEAH!

To celebrate this Eurovision in Malmö we/Germany thought it would be a great idea to send what is practically the same song as last year's winner!! THANKS SWEDEN!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Our (Slovenian) song is just tasteless eurocrap. National TV selected her on inside competition, but most of the people around here would rather see that we followed some other countries out of this freak show (wasting money at finest).

Bladenic

YEAH!

To celebrate this Eurovision in Malmö we/Germany thought it would be a great idea to send what is practically the same song as last year's winner!! THANKS SWEDEN!

Honestly after having listened to Glorious a lot it's really not a copy of Euphoria. Yeah it's somewhat similar but that's more an effect of the genre I think. I really doubt Cascada made that song after listening to Euphoria, and they had to audition like everyone else (I think?).

I'm surprised Romania didn't try to send Inna like they tried last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom