• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Game Dev Hype Everwild is Something “the World Hasn’t Seen Before” – Lead Designer

PSYGN

Jan 6, 2008

Last edited:
  • LOL
  • Fire
Reactions: BPX and Pietanic

Men_in_Boxes

May 31, 2020
Yup that's exactly what I said when I say I want their A-game. Lord have mercy...

Also formulaic isn't a bad thing per se. The tried and true can still be something captivating.

I'll never understand attacking artists for trying to create something new/different.

BbMajor7th

Jan 8, 2021
I mean, it might be true, but surely it's better to let the game do the talking than set yourself up for a post-launch internet dunking should you not quite manage to do what you set out to...

VN1X

Apr 21, 2016

I'll never understand attacking artists for trying to create something new/different.
Not attacking anyone just stating my wishes... But I guess that struck a nerve with some of you.

Anyway I hope this game turns out great. That's all.

anothertech

Oct 1, 2014
Rare could just completely remake their 10 greatest hits and people would go bananas.

I love new ip, but kinda on the fence after the whole sea of thieves fiasco.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2018
I heard that before about Death Stranding and i still want my 10 hours back i put into this boring piece of shit.
At least they were telling the truth about Death Stranding. Kojima is a mad scientist. Really interested to see what Rare's got cookin. It's been a while since something truly fresh has hit the industry. Fingers crossed.

Metnut

Jul 18, 2017
An interesting Microsoft exclusive that sells systems?

Last edited:

levyjl1988

Jan 31, 2010
Canada, Toronto
I can't wait to buy it put it on my shelf, never play it, watch the reviews, and rant that they should go back to making a proper Banjo Kazooie game.

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
I heard that before about Death Stranding and i still want my 10 hours back i put into this boring piece of shit.
Hold me gaf. This is a man of poor taste and I want to use physical force against him

Varteras

Dec 5, 2018
I feel like every time a developer says that it ends up being a whole lot of nothing, like anything Peter Molyneux ever hyped, or it was indeed different but certainly not in the fun way. Like Hideo Kojima and Death Stranding. Though I am a fan of Rare and have been for a long time. I'm pretty salty that they've been just sitting on Viva Pinata, Kameo, and Conker but I'm always hoping they go back to those days somehow.