• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everwild is Something “the World Hasn’t Seen Before” – Lead Designer

PSYGN

rrsx5r7qm3f51.jpg

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Yup that's exactly what I said when I say I want their A-game. Lord have mercy...

Also formulaic isn't a bad thing per se. The tried and true can still be something captivating.

176h0h.jpg

I'll never understand attacking artists for trying to create something new/different.

BbMajor7th

I mean, it might be true, but surely it's better to let the game do the talking than set yourself up for a post-launch internet dunking should you not quite manage to do what you set out to...

VN1X

Banned
176h0h.jpg

I'll never understand attacking artists for trying to create something new/different.
Not attacking anyone just stating my wishes... But I guess that struck a nerve with some of you.

Anyway I hope this game turns out great. That's all.

anothertech

Rare could just completely remake their 10 greatest hits and people would go bananas.

I love new ip, but kinda on the fence after the whole sea of thieves fiasco.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I heard that before about Death Stranding and i still want my 10 hours back i put into this boring piece of shit.
At least they were telling the truth about Death Stranding. Kojima is a mad scientist. Really interested to see what Rare's got cookin. It's been a while since something truly fresh has hit the industry. Fingers crossed.

levyjl1988

Banned
I can't wait to buy it put it on my shelf, never play it, watch the reviews, and rant that they should go back to making a proper Banjo Kazooie game.

Varteras

Gold Member
I feel like every time a developer says that it ends up being a whole lot of nothing, like anything Peter Molyneux ever hyped, or it was indeed different but certainly not in the fun way. Like Hideo Kojima and Death Stranding. Though I am a fan of Rare and have been for a long time. I'm pretty salty that they've been just sitting on Viva Pinata, Kameo, and Conker but I'm always hoping they go back to those days somehow.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A developer from Rare has detailed some core features on what potential players can expect from the world of Everwild. As hinted in the dev's job description for his work on the game, Everwild could have an expansive multiplayer world, similar to that of Rare's other IP Sea of Thieves. There are also hints that for single-player gameplay the devs have been building "extended Artificial Intelligence systems" that seem to be looking toward a strong focus on PvE gameplay, also used heavily in Sea of Thieves.

Robb

Gold Member
Everwild could have an expansive multiplayer world
It’s nice to finally hear something about this project again. Although this doesn’t sound very appealing to me, but it makes sense considering how successful SoT have been for them.

Ozzie666

So Banjo and Kazooie are in it now? good old 3D platformer? Hopefully they've figured out what kind of game they actually want to make, beyond a pretty tech demo. Would be great to see Rare strike gold again. For what it's worth Sea of Thieves is fairly decent and different in the crowded seas.

Topher

Gold Member

A developer from Rare has detailed some core features on what potential players can expect from the world of Everwild. As hinted in the dev's job description for his work on the game, Everwild could have an expansive multiplayer world, similar to that of Rare's other IP Sea of Thieves. There are also hints that for single-player gameplay the devs have been building "extended Artificial Intelligence systems" that seem to be looking toward a strong focus on PvE gameplay, also used heavily in Sea of Thieves.

Where is this "job description" though? The article never links to it or even provides a screenshot. Did I miss it?

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Where is this "job description" though? The article never links to it or even provides a screenshot. Did I miss it?
Experienced Gameplay Engineer
Rare Ltd · Full-time
Oct 2019 - Present · 2 yrs 6 mos
Twycross, United Kingdom
  • Developed the core gameplay experience of Everwild, Rare's new upcoming IP. Used Unreal Engine 4 and C++ with a focus on rapid iteration and automated testing for a large scale multiplayer world. Extended the functionality of UE4 Artificial Intelligence systems and development tools. Innovated new accessibility features within Xbox Studios.

Last edited:

Goalus

Rare could just completely remake their 10 greatest hits and people would go bananas.

I love new ip, but kinda on the fence after the whole sea of thieves fiasco.
Would they?
I highly doubt that outside a small vocal minority.
Judging by the Steam Global Topsellers people are still going bananas over Sea of Thieves though, even four years after initial release.

Spaceman292

Banned

'Focuses on multiplayer'

And into the trash it goes

MadPanda

Banned
I heard that before about Death Stranding and i still want my 10 hours back i put into this boring piece of shit.

Death Stranding is one of the best PS4 experiences and exclusives.

On topic, every unreleased and unseen game is something the world doesn't have and haven't seen before so this seems like illogical thing to say.

Top Bottom