• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Mortal Kombat X Patch comes with a Free Character Skin

Miles X

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/590181000556060674

FYI: The latest patch for Mortal Kombat X comes with a Klassic Sub-zero costume for FREE. Each DLC patch will too !

CDC-fhYUUAExRG2.jpg:large

Ludist210

Aw man, I got excited because I read that as a free Charmander skin...that would make for an interesting Reptile battle, I suppose.

they did this with MK9 and Injustice, just btw.

Nice gesture, a little incentive to grab these patches when they were just compatibility packs. On the new consoles guess its easier to just push the update out.

Chairhome

They used to do this with compatibility packs on MK9, too. Now we get paid skins (part of the Kombat pass) with every compatibility update (for new characters), but we at least get new skins on patches.

fernoca

They did the same in the last MK game. Is not about been broken, but more of an incentive to have the latest version (since you need it to play online anyway).

Garlador

I know :(

They can just palette swap the klassic sub-zero into green and I'd be happy lol.

I'd like to get the best of both worlds and use his MK4 alternate costume.
Reptile_Alt._MK4.gif

Classic ninja outfit, but with reptilian skin and features. I think that would be a pleasant middle ground.

But I AM happy they're tossing in free costumes ("kostumes"?). There is a very deep backlog of outfits they could go with. Got my fingers crossed for MK3 Sonya Blade, personally.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I dont like how sub zeros mask is frozen in the klassic skin

edit: i take that back, i guess thats just the unbreakable variation.

Well in the OT someone said that the game was data mined and that we are getting Klassic costumes for all the ninjas.

Klassic fatalities will be dlc

Is there a complete guide out there detailing how to get every alternate costume that appears in the character list?

Lots of conflicting/incorrect information out there (see Tournament Mileena) and it's super frustrating.

I dont like how sub zeros mask is frozen in the klassic skin
It's only one spec, right? Seems par for the course.

Is there a complete guide out there detailing how to get every alternate costume that appears in the character list?

Lots of conflicting/incorrect information out there (see Tournament Mileena) and it's super frustrating.
seriously I've been getting a shit ton of flawless victories and I still don't have Jax revenant skin

Demoskinos

I'm just glad these compatibility updates aren't optional anymore. How poorly the DLC was implemented in MK9 made me hate that game. Spend all this money on DLC chars and then you had to specifically hunt down people who were running DLC friendly rooms to even use them. So lame.

that's cool of them but it's obvious this is a response to the negative backlash of so many costumes and all characters hidden behind a paywall

that's cool of them but it's obvious this is a response to the negative backlash of so many costumes and all characters hidden behind a paywall

No.

They did this with their past 2 games also

Maybe the Klassic fatalities will be tied to the costumes or something.

Sub zero didn't get his so they will probably come with the Tanya and Tremor since those are considered the Klassic pack

Unicorn

Please guys... stop asking developers to recycle designs. It's reasons like this why games like SF, Tekken 5+, and VF will never get evolved character designs.

Given their "evolution" of Reptile, this just further justifies our cries for klassic skins lol.

Draft

The latest Jimquisition applies to my opinion on this. This is a cool thing to do, but I can't help but feel this is a paltry offering. How long does it take a man to make that Sub Zero skin? How many skins for Skyrim are far more detailed? Free is good and thank you very much NRS but then again you are going to put a half dozen of these in a pack and sell it for $4.99, aren't you?

SJRB

Gold Member
Very true. I was impressed at the reveal, honestly. I still want this MK9 concept art realized:

gry4poo3+copy.jpg

qhRimNV.gif

Ah yes, the top left.

edit: that was fast. That skin is really cool. I've always liked human-style Reptile over reptilian Reptile.

I was wondering where I got this from I thought I had unlocked it playing through the story but I guess it was from the patch. Hopefully they do Reptile next as I think he needs it the most.

Please guys... stop asking developers to recycle designs. It's reasons like this why games like SF, Tekken 5+, and VF will never get evolved character designs.

It's not that, is that Reptile looks awesome as a Green Ninja and awful as a Lizard Man. It would be like if they kept making Scorpion into a skeleton dude instead of a Yellow Ninja and you end up with horrible Ghost Rider ripoffs.

Dereck

It's not that, is that Reptile looks awesome as a Green Ninja and awful as a Lizard Man. It would be like if they kept making Scorpion into a skeleton dude instead of a Yellow Ninja and you end up with horrible Ghost Rider ripoffs.
I wonder if people dislike Ermac being a mummy.

Dereck

Did people dislike that all of the ninjas were palette swaps, or did people like that because they found it funny?

I used to read a lot of complaints that the ninjas were all just different colors, now people want the old palette swap costumes back after the characters developed distinctive visual styles?

Top Bottom