• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I've read that there will be future dlc containing extra courses, characters etc but also heard there will be game updates that will add more online options. Is this right?

If this is true then it's important for Sony to get this out in all regions at the same time otherwise this is where online communities start getting separated.

Come on Thursday. Need my fix! All you guys will have all the cool gear by the time I get on. :p

addyb

Jeez I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on this!

Can someone give me a break down of the online options. I know about the daily tournaments. I just wondered what the other multi player options were. Are there pre created lobbies you can enter or do you or your friends just create custom ones? If so what options do you have besides picking the course, front 9, back 9 etc

Can you set the amount of players, if so say you create a lobby for 8 players but only 4 join can you start the game anyway. Is it even possible to join a lobby with a game in progress and wait til your friends have finished? What happens at the end of a game, do you just simply return to the lobby after the score card and then start another game?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just interested in how it all works.

I spent a LONG time on this challenge. Don't rely solely on your putting skills - on courses with nutty winds and carnival greens, your approach shots are equally as deciding. I know that sunday like a "duh", but make sure you're paying attention to the factors that can help your lies in those shots.

Thanks for the tip.

The tip being that 3-1 is harder than anything in the pro category. I skipped it and beat the rest handedly. I'll go back when I get better characters.

Midou

I got stars on the begginer stages first try, and one crown, but then by 2-2 I'm already having a hard time. There are sections with towers, streets, endless amount of bunkers, that even when I get double music note, and after I spent a couple of hours in training taking shots to learn how wind effects balls in different scenarios, I still can't seem to make it work out.

There are times when the ball ends up like right in front of a house somehow, and I can't even call it as unplayable, I gotta take 1 or 2 shots just to put it in a playable position again.

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah I'm having the same issue. I think I'm getting too greedy...I need to take safe shots and make sure I don't set myself up for hitting obstacles.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The game rewards spending time on your shots - setting up for your next shot is equally as important as the current shot. Landing zone will also impact the way that the ball rolls/bounces/lies. Keep that in mind - also remember that some shots that get your closer to the pin are not the best shots.

I need to stay out of this thread. I've had no interest in the Vita but as a portable Hot Shots player I don't know if I can resist.

krae_man

I got stars on the begginer stages first try, and one crown, but then by 2-2 I'm already having a hard time. There are sections with towers, streets, endless amount of bunkers, that even when I get double music note, and after I spent a couple of hours in training taking shots to learn how wind effects balls in different scenarios, I still can't seem to make it work out.

There are times when the ball ends up like right in front of a house somehow, and I can't even call it as unplayable, I gotta take 1 or 2 shots just to put it in a playable position again.

2-2 was easy. You can par holes and even bogey holes and still win at that level. Don't use a driver for tee shots. Hell go down to a three iron off the tee if your ball will land in a big patch of fairway.

Same Idea with the Par pace one. Don't aim for the pin, aim for the fat part of the green. At least in the early Crown challenges you don't have to worry about score at all because the CPU players all suck.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
5-2 is where I've hit my first rough patch. Pun intended. It's a whopper. Little margin for error. Excited to see what the Gold challenges look like. :D

Chorazin

Ugh, this game is driving me nuts. It tells me I unlocked new shots at Loyalty rank 3: something, something, and homing, but doesn't tell me how to do them. Checked the manual, nothing.

What did I unlock? How do I do them? :-(

krae_man

Oh my god, this game fucking cheats. I was playing Second match play tournament in the first level repeatedly to get the crown. You have to eagle a hole and win. I was finally able to eagle the second hole and I'm two up after two holes and the god damn CPU goes from missing every green to nailing every approach shot within 3 feet and I lose 1 down and it's a points match. Bull shit.

Edit: This reminds me of the one time I stuck it to the bullshit AI Hot Shots has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIQFwqbWXvs

120yd chip in for eagle and I half the hole. Take that you cheating AI.

frequency

Ugh, this game is driving me nuts. It tells me I unlocked new shots at Loyalty rank 3: something, something, and homing, but doesn't tell me how to do them. Checked the manual, nothing.

What did I unlock? How do I do them? :-(

Yeah that bothers me a lot. It's like the game assumes I'm already a HSG fan or something. It doesn't explain anything really. The manual explains like... 2 things.
I had to go online to look for stuff. So dumb.

krae_man

Yeah that bothers me a lot. It's like the game assumes I'm already a HSG fan or something. It doesn't explain anything really. The manual explains like... 2 things.
I had to go online to look for stuff. So dumb.

Everything is explained in the load screens that are too short to be able to read.

I started reading one that says there's some way to get an extra power shot by tilting your Vita but before I could finish reading the round started.

Chorazin

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I'm having so much trouble putting that it's ruining my experience. A real training mode would have helped a lot.

hort22

5-2 is where I've hit my first rough patch. Pun intended. It's a whopper. Little margin for error. Excited to see what the Gold challenges look like. :D

What's the verdict astrolad...I know you played alot of out of bounds (I have as well)...I love the hot shots series but is it enough to warrant picking up a vita just for hsg?

CSSer

All of the load screen tips are in the 'Other -> Library' section.

Just got the real ending; don't know if I'll go for all stars/crowns. They should have added a course creator by now.

TripOpt55

How do online tourneys work? I have never played one of these multiplayer and to be honest haven't gotten one since the PS2. Does everyone just playthrough at once or do you get paired up? About how long does a tourney take? Just kind of curious. I will be getting this on Wednesday and am curious how it works.

Anno

How do online tourneys work? I have never played one of these multiplayer and to be honest haven't gotten one since the PS2. Does everyone just playthrough at once or do you get paired up? About how long does a tourney take? Just kind of curious. I will be getting this on Wednesday and am curious how it works.

Tournaments start every 15 minutes or so. Depending on how many holes and how fast the timer goes they take maybe 15 minutes up to 30ish. You have a certain amount of time per hole, so people usually play for about half and get the other half to type a comment or review stuff. It's pretty fun. Give it a shot.

Wow, I just got an Unplayable ball penalty from my approach shot falling through the geometry of the green.

[ARodMLB2K.gif]

Seriously though, that's not good.

I've been playing this so much since Wednesday, my goodness. Hands are getting crampy, ow. Only a few more Crowns left to nab...

Oh, oh. I see the list of usernames in the OP. My PSN handle is BJindaheez

I swear I have lost some loyalty level with my golfer twice now. Anyone else had this happen? I'm talking like half a heart's worth lost.

raven777

I just started, finished the very first challenge. The last Hot shots golf I played was the demo of part 5, and before that was the very first one on PS1. So far it feels great. I am really bad at it though.

If anyone wants to add me, my PSN id is xenosaga7.

Maybe once I get good, I wanna try tournament with gaffers lol.

Top Bottom