• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

krae_man

How do you get Crowns?... I've got one...cuz I won after getting three Bogies? =/

Beginners Rank

1-1 Win with 2000pts or more.
1-2 Hit a Rising Shot and Win.
1-3 One shot the green on a Par 4 and Win.
1-4 Par On Keep/Green in Regulation 100% and Win.
1-5 Hit three or more Bogeys and Win.
Vs. Karen/Cosplay
Get an Eagle and Win.

Amateur Rank

2-1 Just Impact 50% or more and Win.
2-2 Fairway Keep 100% and Win.
2-3 Apply Spin on every shot and Win.
2-4 Win with 2000pts or more.
2-5 Win without using Spin shots.
Vs. Tank/Cosplay
Win within the first 3H.

Pro Rank

3-1 Make a Par or better 10m+ Putt and Win.
3-2 Hit a Pin shot and Win.
3-3 Birdie three times in a row and Win.
3-4 Win without landing in the rough.
3-5 Birdie three times in a row and Win.
Vs. Grace/Cosplay
Win with only one putt per hole.

Bronze Rank

4-1 Win with -3 or better score.
4-2 Win with Fairway Keep 80% or better.
4-3 Par On/Green in Regulation 100% and Win.
4-4 Win with -4 or better score.
4-5 Win without any O.B/W.H.
Vs. Edge/Cosplay
Win with consecutive Birdies.

Silver Rank

5-1 Perform a 1m near pin approach and Win.
5-2 Win without using Spin shots.
5-3 Par On/Green in Regulation 100% and Win.
5-4 Win with 1500pts or more.
5-5 Perform a Birdie or better Chip in and Win.
Vs. Max
Win without any Bogeys.

Gold Rank

6-1 Perform a 2m near pin approach and Win.
6-2 Win without any O.B/W.H.
6-3 Win without landing in the bunker.
6-4 Perform a 3m near pin approach and Win.
6-5 Birdie or better the last hole and Win.
Vs. Fatima/Cosplay
Win without using Power Mode.

Platinum Rank Vs. Isaac/Cosplay

Win without changing the default club selected by the game.

krae_man

I'll add those to the OP. Would you like to have them hidden behind a spoiler bar?

I'm pretty sure they are not hidden. If you click on more info or something on the event it tells you. At least that's what a load screen told me once. I haven't tried it yet.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I've found that even from a sim standpoint, HSG is better. Tiger Woods hasn't been a sim in a long time (at least the last one I played). It was almost impossible not to make a straight shot in Tiger, there seemed to be a fair bit of auto-aim since I was making hole in ones quite consistently, and the spin was downright ridiculous (and you could change the spin mid-flight). Maybe it's gotten better...

I am very burned out on Tiger Woods series, but it is as challenging as you make it. Spin control mid flight is optional and isn't there in pro settings. Swing Assist is there in lesser difficulties as well. If you play with pro settings and the various assists turned off it can be quite challenging.

I've found that even from a sim standpoint, HSG is better. Tiger Woods hasn't been a sim in a long time (at least the last one I played). It was almost impossible not to make a straight shot in Tiger, there seemed to be a fair bit of auto-aim since I was making hole in ones quite consistently, and the spin was downright ridiculous (and you could change the spin mid-flight). Maybe it's gotten better...

As a golfer, HSG just feels like golf to me. There may be a few things about it that are arcadey (like rising shot), but besides that it really feels like golf. It has that nice risk vs. reward factor, as well as the "just one more shot" feel going for it that reminds me so much of playing golf. Reading the green perfectly and sinking a tough put just feels so natural and rewarding.

I could not agree more. It's so frustrating trying to convince others of this though. They're like "Tiger Woods looks like the more real golf game, and the swing mechanic is so realistic".

As cutesy and silly as Hot Shots appears to an outsider, I truly feel it's about as close as videogames have come to simulating golf.

TheExodu5

Banned
I am very burned out on Tiger Woods series, but it is as challenging as you make it. Spin control mid flight is optional and isn't there in pro settings. Swing Assist is there in lesser difficulties as well. If you play with pro settings and the various assists turned off it can be quite challenging.

Didn't realize pro mode existed. That might make it more enjoyable.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm in the UK and my Online pass code for Everybody's Golf doesn't seem to work, the store doesn't recognise it.

thats one part of the store that genuinely might not be up until midnight or tomorrow morning. Perhaps sony don't want people getting online before others?

How do you do spin control midflight? And can you do 1 vs 1 online or can you only do tournaments? What is rising shot? This is the first hot shots game I've played.

hort22

How do you do spin control midflight? And can you do 1 vs 1 online or can you only do tournaments? What is rising shot? This is the first hot shots game I've played.

No spin control in flight...this is "real" golf...lol

Rising shot is when you hold down then set power then hold up an hit the pin with your shot.

mackattk

I was playing 1-4 challenge, by 17th hole I was -4 and 2nd place was +3. I messed up 17th so bad that I ended up 2nd place with +3.... felt so bad.

But the game is incredibly fun.

I am right there with you.. Right now I am strugging on 4-5. I tend to do REALLY good, but mess up on one hole that costs me the round. It is so frustrating. And considering it is a 18 hole round, it just adds to the frustration of having to play all the other holes again.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No spin control in flight...this is "real" golf...lol

Rising shot is when you hold down then set power then hold up an hit the pin with your shot.

You also need perfect impact, iirc...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
HOT SHOTS VITA LAUNCH INVITATIONAL

CAT LOBBY 1

HOUR 12 (EST US, ADJUST TO YOUR TIME LOCALLY) - GAME #9

BOOK IT AS YOU HAVE 7 MINUTES TO BOOK

GET IN LAUNCH DAY FOLKS OR ANYONE INTERESTED IN GAMES.

25-ish SPOTS AVAILABLE

GIVING EVERYONE PLENTY OF TIME TO JOIN

In case the hour thing messes you up, if mine is 12, yours would be 9 if you are in the west coast U.S.

The next rounds will start a little faster, I wanted to give folks time to show up.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GG's that last match

HOT SHOTS VITA LAUNCH INVITATIONAL

CAT LOBBY 1

HOUR 12 (EST US, ADJUST TO YOUR TIME LOCALLY) - GAME #16

BOOK IT AS YOU HAVE 5 MINUTES

GET IN LAUNCH DAY FOLKS OR ANYONE INTERESTED IN GAMES.

In case the hour thing messes you up, if mine is 12, yours would be 9 if you are in the west coast U.S.

Yuripaw

Banned
Has anyone else unlocked another caddy yet? I feel like I've been playing it for quite a while, got most of the intermediate characters unlocked, and I still gotta listen to damn Marta.

Has anyone else unlocked another caddy yet? I feel like I've been playing it for quite a while, got most of the intermediate characters unlocked, and I still gotta listen to damn Marta.

buy courses to get caddies.

or do what i do and shut them off cause they all annoying as hell after 5 minutes

Koren

I may buy a Vita just for this game... but I'd like a clarification: is online mode region-locked? I may decide to go for the Japanese version of the game (for the voices, except if the japanese voices are available in the western versions), but I'd like to be able to play european and US gaffers. Is it possible?

By the way, can you update a foreign game with a local SEN account? (it's possible on PS3, but just to be sure...)

Anyone have issues entering the online pass?
No, it worked fine for me.

I'm having a lot of fun with this game and the first three tournaments were a piece of cake. One thing I haven't figured out though, is how to apply spin to the shots? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

Edit: I'm downloading the 1.03 update now. It's 116 MB.

Duffyside

Banned
As much as I love this game, and truly think the mechanics are sublime and the game incredibly deep, good gravy if the "level" design isn't questionably bad at times. My dad was a golf pro and always harped on how much he hated courses with trees planted all over the damn place. I learned to agree with him as I got older, past my "but daddy, tress are pretty" childhood, but I've never agreed more with him in my whole life. Nothing more awful than hitting a wonderful shot, seemingly, which you only realize wasn't so great, even though it was in the middle of the fairway, because there's a fucking tree right in your damn way. Had you hit the shot 10 yards less, or 10 yards more, no big deal. Yes, you try to hit over or around, but dammit it catches a bunch of leaves on the perimeter and you're fucked.

And not only is it trees. It's fucking motels and haystacks and sailboats and whatever the fuck. I'm not against this stuff entirely; I don't want a totally empty, realistic golf course. But as I stated above; there are shots you make that should reward you for doing so well, not punish you. And it seems every hole has the same philosophy with this obstructions, there's no variety. In the last game I remember there being some obstacles that you could approach smartly and aggressively, as long as you carried out your plan well. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

And I've unlocked the sixth course now, and holy crap... ClapHanz should have just designed the last green to be a fucking pyramid with a hole on the top of it. BLECH.

I'm having a lot of fun with this game and the first three tournaments were a piece of cake. One thing I haven't figured out though, is how to apply spin to the shots? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

hold one direction till you hit for power then opposite direction for impact (1 direction on way up on bar opposite on the way down)

up then down the ball will spin backwards
down then up it will roll forwards
left then right super sidespin to right
right then left super sidespin to left

if the ball hits pin doing these you get the special shots but you need to have correct loyalty for this (level 3).

hehe mightve read too much into question....for regular spin just hold the dpad.....down for backspin up for top/forward spi etc

I keep getting an error when I try to redeem it NP-8154-8

Durante

As much as I love this game, and truly think the mechanics are sublime and the game incredibly deep, good gravy if the "level" design isn't questionably bad at times. My dad was a golf pro and always harped on how much he hated courses with trees planted all over the damn place. I learned to agree with him as I got older, past my "but daddy, tress are pretty" childhood, but I've never agreed more with him in my whole life. Nothing more awful than hitting a wonderful shot, seemingly, which you only realize wasn't so great, even though it was in the middle of the fairway, because there's a fucking tree right in your damn way. Had you hit the shot 10 yards less, or 10 yards more, no big deal. Yes, you try to hit over or around, but dammit it catches a bunch of leaves on the perimeter and you're fucked.

And not only is it trees. It's fucking motels and haystacks and sailboats and whatever the fuck. I'm not against this stuff entirely; I don't want a totally empty, realistic golf course. But as I stated above; there are shots you make that should reward you for doing so well, not punish you. And it seems every hole has the same philosophy with this obstructions, there's no variety. In the last game I remember there being some obstacles that you could approach smartly and aggressively, as long as you carried out your plan well. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

And I've unlocked the sixth course now, and holy crap... ClapHanz should have just designed the last green to be a fucking pyramid with a hole on the top of it. BLECH.
I always thought of the trees and other obstacles as an additional gameplay layer. You need to consider exactly where you want to go with your shots from the start, and plan the whole hole accordingly.

I always thought of the trees and other obstacles as an additional gameplay layer. You need to consider exactly where you want to go with your shots from the start, and plan the whole hole accordingly.
they got a little ridiculous with the obstacles/bunkers this time....you have a hi risk shot that just lands you in another high risk spot (that, for the most part, barely even rewards). even most 1st shots with the gimped 1wood they load up with bunkers/trees

RoylAsult

how do you unlock Satsuki, the receptionist?

i have beaten all the characters and i dont have ever unlocked, its a hidden trophy to buy her but idk how to get her lol

Durante

they got a little ridiculous with the obstacles/bunkers this time....you have a hi risk shot that just lands you in another high risk spot (that, for the most part, barely even rewards). even most 1st shots with the gimped 1wood they load up with bunkers/trees
Yeah, I haven't played the Vita one yet (should hopefully arrive tomorrow), I was just talking generally about the series. I like that it often rewards strategical, defensive play.

Top Bottom