• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

purbeast

Anyone have a link to the locations of all of the power shots? I didn't get the level 5 and 6 ones and I looked a bit but didn't find them and really don't feel like wasting time doing this crap lol.

And man the AI is so stupid in this game in the revenge vs characters. I faced my 4th one yesterday and the dude was holing out nearly every 2nd shot for eagle no matter how far it was. Hell on a par 3 he turtled and hit it into the water, then his 3rd shot off the tee was a hole in one...

So stupid.

I'm sitting at work and all I can think of is how I want to return to this game asap! :D

I was holding out on Everybody's Golf because I knew it's gonna keep me busy for quite a while (and I wasn't sure if I'm gonna get Destiny 2 instead). Well, I have no immediate plans to get D2 anymore so I'm golfing now.

I didn't progress far yet. Last thing I did was destroying Boris and getting my golf buggy.
I think I've spent just as much time with the character editor as I did with the actual gameplay, which contributes to my slow progress. Even purchased additional character slots. Btw, where is the show off your EG character thread!? ;)

bluehat9

For custom clubs, should I just dump everything into power? I've only been using big air clubs with no detriment anyway and just unlocked the customs.

Cragor

Neo Member
Anyone have a link to the locations of all of the power shots? I didn't get the level 5 and 6 ones and I looked a bit but didn't find them and really don't feel like wasting time doing this crap lol.

And man the AI is so stupid in this game in the revenge vs characters. I faced my 4th one yesterday and the dude was holing out nearly every 2nd shot for eagle no matter how far it was. Hell on a par 3 he turtled and hit it into the water, then his 3rd shot off the tee was a hole in one...

So stupid.

I think you can find most of them in youtube as videos, but you dont really need them. They are usually on the dirt paths or easy to see places, and your character will look in their direction when you are close.

DrDamn

Nice! I spent 4 hours trying to get a hole on 1. Got it finally to then see it was an unofficial one! Rage max power!

Mine was totally unexpected. It was a short par 4 on the Alpine course and therefore gave me the Albatross and Hole-in-one trophies at the same time :). Never managed one in the last two EG games.

That's how misinformation is spread. If you don't know for a fact it's not worth making the comment.

You are right in that they are not facts, nor did I present them as such. They are things I've heard from other players. Obviously your experience differs and brings value to the conversation. That's what a discussion forum is for. This is not an official FAQ. We discuss the game, help each other out, clarify what we see, and dispute what others state when needed.

If you can only state "facts" on a discussion forum, how do you reconcile different experiences from different people? How do you get closer to the "truth" when you require only obvious things to be stated with no room for reporting or speculation? No room for discussion?

Sorry, I simply do not abide by your heavy-handed black and white take on this.

brerwolfe

You are right in that they are not facts, nor did I present them as such. They are things I've heard from other players. Obviously your experience differs and brings value to the conversation. That's what a discussion forum is for. This is not an official FAQ. We discuss the game, help each other out, clarify what we see, and dispute what others state when needed.

If you can only state "facts" on a discussion forum, how do you reconcile different experiences from different people? How do you get closer to the "truth" when you require only obvious things to be stated with no room for reporting or speculation? No room for discussion?

Sorry, I simply do not abide by your heavy-handed black and white take on this.
Someone asked a specific question looking for a specific reply and you answered with "I believe". You didn't respond with "I've heard" or "I've seen," you responded with "I believe," which isn't an appropriate response. When someone asks if Santa Claus is real and you respond with "I believe", you're providing nothing of value, just spreading potential misinformation.

Is the PS4 set as your Primary or someone else's? If it's someone else's and they have PS+ then that lets you play online.

My PlayStation is set as my primary console.

Are there any other golf games on PS4 that play as well as EG but are more “serious”?

By serious I’m thinking more along the lines of an actual career mode, more authentic presentation, etc. The last “serious” golf game I played and loved was Links 2003 on my PC.

I do really enjoy my time with EG, but after hammering the PS3 and Vita versions so much over the years, I’m getting a little tired of the EG aesthetic.

Griss

Are there any other golf games on PS4 that play as well as EG but are more “serious”?

By serious I’m thinking more along the lines of an actual career mode, more authentic presentation, etc. The last “serious” golf game I played and loved was Links 2003 on my PC.

I do really enjoy my time with EG, but after hammering the PS3 and Vita versions so much over the years, I’m getting a little tired of the EG aesthetic.

The Golf Club 2 is utterly fantastic and has an ultra-real aethetic, but it plays nothing like EG. You pull the stick back and push it forward to swing.

The career mode there is pretty limited, but there is one.

The best part is that there are 1,000s of player-designed courses, many of which are stunning and better than the official courses, and many of which are recreations of real famous courses to a very accurate degree. So you can play Augusta, Pebble Beach, Whistling Straits etc.

Most importantly, the single best way it's better than EG is that there is no levelling whatsoever. Your scores are decided by how well you play from the moment you start the game and as you, the player, improves your scores come down rather than it being a function of how much time you spent levelling up some mostly unusued club or grinded fucking gems or how much money you paid.

Check out some videos on it and decide whether it's for you.

Yeah TGC2 is probably the best Golf game ever made. But the career mode is poor.

However if you join the forum there are user created events and stuff going off all the time. They have just done the Ryder Cup for example.

DrDamn

Aside from the Golf Club 2 there is also Rory McIlroy from EA. Was a bit feature light on release but they did a fair bit to address that so reviews may not accurately reflect the game. Normally heavily reduced in EA PSN sales too.

krae_man

Got the 120 tournament secret Vs character yesterday. I have like 6 vs matches to go and I still need my Condors. I wish they would hurry up and get Alpine 12's conditions back to official.

Heel

Got the 120 tournament secret Vs character yesterday. I have like 6 vs matches to go and I still need my Condors. I wish they would hurry up and get Alpine 12's conditions back to official.

About in the same boat. All I have left is the ones for total challenge tournaments, condors, and a handful of the random VS. characters.

I'm just playing tournaments and adding to my gallery.

krae_man

About in the same boat. All I have left is the ones for total challenge tournaments, condors, and a handful of the random VS. characters.

I'm just playing tournaments and adding to my gallery.

I have the Gallery done. I'm getting really annoyed how long gem hunting takes.

I'm going to get to 100 gems and stop until I run out. Maybe I'll do the daily bonus course and collect the gems on that only.

The Golf Club 2 is utterly fantastic and has an ultra-real aethetic, but it plays nothing like EG. You pull the stick back and push it forward to swing.

The career mode there is pretty limited, but there is one.

The best part is that there are 1,000s of player-designed courses, many of which are stunning and better than the official courses, and many of which are recreations of real famous courses to a very accurate degree. So you can play Augusta, Pebble Beach, Whistling Straits etc.

Most importantly, the single best way it's better than EG is that there is no levelling whatsoever. Your scores are decided by how well you play from the moment you start the game and as you, the player, improves your scores come down rather than it being a function of how much time you spent levelling up some mostly unusued club or grinded fucking gems or how much money you paid.

Check out some videos on it and decide whether it's for you.

Yeah TGC2 is probably the best Golf game ever made. But the career mode is poor.

However if you join the forum there are user created events and stuff going off all the time. They have just done the Ryder Cup for example.

Aside from the Golf Club 2 there is also Rory McIlroy from EA. Was a bit feature light on release but they did a fair bit to address that so reviews may not accurately reflect the game. Normally heavily reduced in EA PSN sales too.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Heel

DKT3zc4UIAApj09.jpg:large

Hit an ultra spin rising shot for my first official hole-in-one and got a statue.

If we're sharing example videos, I'll go ahead and put mine out there since it's a little more straightforward:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEhLK9KcMJY

Simple par 3 right off the tee, wind is negligible, the power was fine but maybe a little low (adjusted with Triangle), perfect impact, and yet the ball flies immediately to the left (and into the wind). You can see in the lower left corner that it hits the very inside of the club face. No idea how I could have compensated for that

Again, in this instance it's not a dealbreaker since it's just a couple yards away and it would have likely been a birdie either way, but it's still bogus that it happens

I realize this post is 11 days old but I'm glad I saw it. I've only been kind of following the discussion around this game and I thought I was losing my mind with shots like this. I tend to mostly notice it on par 3's since I have an extremely clear target that i'll get to in one shot. It's mind-boggling this is a "thing" in this game. What's the point of practicing PI?

DrDamn

It's mind-boggling this is a "thing" in this game. What's the point of practicing PI?

As a "thing" I think there is a place for some light variation but the current set-up is not right. If it is associated with where you hit the ball with the club face then it needs to be more tightly linked with impact and lie. So if you get PI then the variation should be minor/minimal. If you are into the pink area then base it on how far you are into the pink as a percentage. So a couple of pixels on a shot with a large pink area is not as bad as a couple of pixels on a driver off the fairway or out of the rough. Alternatively if they want to add some variation then base it on something variable like the wind not something the player has just done as well as they can.

purbeast

I have the Gallery done. I'm getting really annoyed how long gem hunting takes.

I'm going to get to 100 gems and stop until I run out. Maybe I'll do the daily bonus course and collect the gems on that only.

I'm not even bothering with gems or custom clubs at this point. If the graded tourneys come out and allow custom clubs, I'm simply going to stop playing this game all together and probably sell it. I love the golfing in this game (other than randomness on PI shots) but I just want to golf I don't want to do any of this other stupid bullshit that they are forcing you to do like grind and hunt for stupid items.

purbeast

they do. that's top 5 high scorers of the hole.

But an ultraspin rising shot hole-in-one.. i don't know how you'd get a higher score than that.

While I haven't hit a homing shot in this game yet (because putting SBS on the shot is too random), I remember from previous games that the more times it hit the flag stick, the more points you got. I think you got like 10 points per time it hit the flag stick. I remember having some that hit it like 7 times or so, but others hit it like 2 or 3. So that is a 40-50 point difference for hitting an SBS shot.

EDIT:

Here's an example of one I got in WI that I had on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMIforkpQOY

You can see each time it hits the stick, it's 10 more points.

surrogate

I'm not even bothering with gems or custom clubs at this point. If the graded tourneys come out and allow custom clubs, I'm simply going to stop playing this game all together and probably sell it. I love the golfing in this game (other than randomness on PI shots) but I just want to golf I don't want to do any of this other stupid bullshit that they are forcing you to do like grind and hunt for stupid items.

I have no intention of ever using custom clubs or the triple precision ball if you are looking to play some no bullshit golf against a mid level player.

purbeast

I have no intention of ever using custom clubs or the triple precision ball if you are looking to play some no bullshit golf against a mid level player.

As soon as they (hopefully) add the simultaneous multiplayer I will be down and will be online more often for sure. I am not playing stroke play with people where you can't even press X to skip the ball travel, it simply takes too long.

I haven't gone online since launch night with this game.

Someone asked a specific question looking for a specific reply and you answered with "I believe". You didn't respond with "I've heard" or "I've seen," you responded with "I believe," which isn't an appropriate response. When someone asks if Santa Claus is real and you respond with "I believe", you're providing nothing of value, just spreading potential misinformation.

These aren't official remarks somewhere. This isn't a published article. This is not even a contentious topic where a slight slip up engenders flaming (like forgetting the quotes around free when talking about games you get in PS+ because people like to argue about what's actually free).

This is a topic about a great golf game with little documentation and a community that's trying to help each other out. But we're not perfect. Sometimes we're not going to say things in the most absolutely clear way. Sometimes we'll make mistakes. This topic is about discussing the game in all its glory. It's not a strict FAQ where people are not allowed to bring in anything but "facts" that have been corroborated by the majority of the community. How do you think facts become facts?

For example, Senidol (Xenidol) has a done a lot of testing on this game and previous ones in the series. I trust his judgement, but of course he could be wrong and would admit it if his assertions didn't hold true for many others. He just wrote a guide claiming that sway when hitting with Perfect Impact was reduced in the last update. Another long-time veteran of the series, Shihiko, who has talked with the game producers in the past backs up Senidol's claim. Yet this nugget was not listed in the patch notes. So is it a fact? No, not yet. But by discussing this, we can compare it to others' experiences. Maybe Shihiko can confirm it when he talks to the game producers at TGS.

The point is I heard/read about the PS+ online requirement from people who could not do certain parts of the game when it first came out. I read these here and on the subreddit. Perhaps they were mistaken and missed something. Perhaps an update changed this. I in no way meant to claim it as a fact. I could have used "I heard" but I ended up using "I believe" because I was not 100% sure of it. I am sorry (not sorry) that I didn't use the exact language you expect on a discussion forum.

That said, in my opinion, your pedantic view of how people should frame their comments to ensure some kind of binary view of facts vs misinformation is beyond the discussion of this golf game. You could have easily just offered your contrary experience or asked for clarification if I had actually experienced it or where I heard it. However, you can post what you want. I'm not a mod.

Though I'm pretty sure you're not a mod either. So I'm not going to tailor my posts to your exact requirements. Feel free to respond. I may or may not read it, but I do not plan on replying or otherwise engaging with you. Enjoy the game.

purbeast

Does anyone know what stat or attribute makes the ball trajectory go higher? I noticed yesterday when I was playing the short girl secret character for getting 20 official eagles that her driver went noticeably higher than mine did. The first thing I could think of was that it is because she is short lol.

brerwolfe

My point is, Optimus, that you added nothing to the conversation. If you don't know the answer, don't write anything. Super fucking simple.

KRaZyAmmo

Hey guys I'm playing everyone's golf locally with friends right now and wondering what "Gauge on a rampage" does in slot mode? Me and my friends have no idea what it does.

krae_man

Hey guys I'm playing everyone's golf locally with friends right now and wondering what "Gauge on a rampage" does in slot mode? Me and my friends have no idea what it does.

Previous modes had "crazy gauge" or "wacky gauge" and they had the speed of the gauge change dramaticly while you are taking the shot making it harder to do your power and impact presses exactly where you want them to be.

My guess is it's that.

Philly40

My point is, Optimus, that you added nothing to the conversation. If you don't know the answer, don't write anything. Super fucking simple.

I think you need to calm it down a bit here mate, the whole point of this game is to be a relaxing / non-serious bit of fun.

purbeast

So to get gems I literally have to walk around the courses online and just find them randomly sitting around? And I need like 110 to upgrade my first set of custom clubs?

I am getting the shits with this game

A. Sometimes the frame rate goes to pieces online. For the entire 9 holes. On a PS4 pro.
B. Other players glitch like flash annoyingly at the edge of the tee it's distracting
C. It's online but in a way that is totally non interactive. They mayaswell be showing you ghosts of past plays randomly.
D. I am not OCD to collect gems i just grab them when I happen to see them and I got like 30 or so by playing online a few times a day, this allows me to upgrade my custom club in power two points, spending 20 gems? Ok forget that
E. The fishing is pointless
F. I bought all shop items ages ago and now have useless gold
G. Half the time or more it fails to upload the bonus course score with a server error
H. All the special Vs characters are easy to beat because the AI usually busts like hits into the rough on a penalty for rough round.
I. There is no reason to play anything other than the daily bonus course, really. Once per day. But there is no way to get the 5 eagles and the rest birdies to get an S rank, without custom clubs that hit 360 yards there is no way to get your icon displayed on any tee, except if you get a lucky hole in one.
J. There is no point using buying and using special balls except for the one for rough or the 60-100 power one.

So that's about it.
Half baked. A half baked game.
Will clap handz keep working on it and eventually deliver on the promise, or will they give up? I am leaning to they will just give up.

Heel

So for anyone who has completed the fishing: Do you need to use both of the unlocked baits to get all of the ??? fish, or can you use only the most expensive new bait and get them all?

purbeast

I can't believe they charge you coins to shuffle the tournaments so you can complete galleries at the ranks. I finished rank 1 yesterday and that was enough to know I'm not bothering to do it for the other ranks.

Why make you pay to MAYBE get 2 of the 10 people you need left to show in your tournament? And when they don't, pay to shuffle again!

I swear the more I play this game the more obvious it was developed to be a pay-2-win game. So many of the design decisions make it painfully obvious.

Then I was playing online last night just to try it out again, and the performance is just complete shit. There is slowdown all over the place. I was playing Turf Wars for the first time (which is actually a lot of fun) but was getting slowdowns left and right, even during swings. It's also not fun when you do well and then realize that the other guys have a lot more points than you do because they have custom clubs and can drive par 4's with ease, getting eagles easier.

At this point I'm kind of done with this game until graded tourneys show up, and I'm pretty sure they are going to allow custom clubs in them because that is how they will continue to take people's money.

I've played this game a lot and really enjoy the golf aspects of it. It just sucks the more I play this game the more disappointing it is. This game has gone downhill since OOB and unfortunately it appears it continues that direction.

On a positive note, this game got me to actually want to go play golf for the first time since my dad died over 8 years ago and I went yesterday to the driving range and it was like riding a bike. By the end of my bucket I was hitting like I used to.

Top Bottom