• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

ElNino

I’ve been on a big golf game kick recently and TGC2 is really good, but putting is absolutely brutal and unforgiving. Really hard to dial in your shot just like you want. It’s continually frustrating.
That's part of what makes it so good. Putting is brutal and unforgiving, because it is.

krae_man

I can't believe they charge you coins to shuffle the tournaments so you can complete galleries at the ranks. I finished rank 1 yesterday and that was enough to know I'm not bothering to do it for the other ranks.

Why make you pay to MAYBE get 2 of the 10 people you need left to show in your tournament? And when they don't, pay to shuffle again!

I swear the more I play this game the more obvious it was developed to be a pay-2-win game. So many of the design decisions make it painfully obvious.

Then I was playing online last night just to try it out again, and the performance is just complete shit. There is slowdown all over the place. I was playing Turf Wars for the first time (which is actually a lot of fun) but was getting slowdowns left and right, even during swings. It's also not fun when you do well and then realize that the other guys have a lot more points than you do because they have custom clubs and can drive par 4's with ease, getting eagles easier.

At this point I'm kind of done with this game until graded tourneys show up, and I'm pretty sure they are going to allow custom clubs in them because that is how they will continue to take people's money.

I've played this game a lot and really enjoy the golf aspects of it. It just sucks the more I play this game the more disappointing it is. This game has gone downhill since OOB and unfortunately it appears it continues that direction.

On a positive note, this game got me to actually want to go play golf for the first time since my dad died over 8 years ago and I went yesterday to the driving range and it was like riding a bike. By the end of my bucket I was hitting like I used to.

You can't buy coins and coins are plentiful.

I have almost $150k worth with nothing to spend it on.

RodzTF

International tourneys need to come very soon, with solid performance and without custom clubs enabled

Currently, I don't use the online portion of the game, whether it be the laggy open course or turf war (never tried it)

Also have no interest to painfully navigate a course to search for gems in order to upgrade a custom club set

I've played over 1100 holes just through the single player and I'm currently working to get the last 100 gallery members from special rank/daily revenge VS characters

A lot of shitty practices made their way into this game. They really mar the fun you get from the fantastic offline round-to-round gameplay

purbeast

You can't buy coins and coins are plentiful.

I have almost $150k worth with nothing to spend it on.

It's still really stupid and just adds absolutely nothing to the game. It's along the lines of having to find gems and stuff. It's just completely unnecessary and a waste of time.

Heel

If anyone's curious, stats before first recycle:

DKdtUrvVwAAI9ik.jpg

After upgrading again:

Had only repaired the first set one time. Your mileage may vary.

Got all three Condors done, whew. Took like an hour to get the first one them maybe 10 min to get the second and got the third five swings later. I used the back left of the tee box with super topspin. My driver hits 360 without power so I just hit it straight up with a triple precision impact ball. Glad to be done with that.

Re her if you use a triple impact ball on a one hole round you don't lose it.

Heel

Gah, my driver is at a really weird max distance to hit the condor now. Can slam it in the back of the gazeebo with a power shot, or hit the back of it with a skip shot not using a power shot.

Basically have to take a little off a regular shot to get close. Managed to rim out once.

Gah, my driver is at a really weird max distance to hit the condor now. Can slam it in the back of the gazeebo with a power shot, or hit the back of it with a skip shot not using a power shot.

Basically have to take a little off a regular shot to get close. Managed to rim out once.

What's the distance?

Same as yours, it looks like. Were you doing 100% power? I'm using circle and knocking it down to 98%.

I did 100% if the wind was 2.6 or less, took one click off if it was stronger.

Watched your video, I didn't use ultra topspin as it messed up the distances, I used regular super topspin.

I still don't have the game yet, so I'm confused about the condor requirements. Are official rounds only available online? Why can't you just play a one-hole round offline at any time on any day and grind for the condors that way?

krae_man

Nice! Topspin from the upper-left corner of the tee box? Gonna try now.

EDIT: A bit busy on the 12th tee...haha.

I got one from the back left when the wind was a little stronger.

Also hint: replay your shot before you quit. That will keep you in the tee box.

...aaaaaaand I got the Plat. XD

z1qQXri.jpg

Did you have any trouble getting the last 4 revenge vs to spawn?

I have 4 more to go and one didn't spawn yesterday. Quitting the application and reloading the game didn't help either.

TFGB

Did you have any trouble getting the last 4 revenge vs to spawn?

I have 4 more to go and one didn't spawn yesterday. Quitting the application and reloading the game didn't help either.
I had trouble with all of them spawning lol.

I quit the application and restarted to get them to spawn, sometimes having to restart it several times. I also saved to the cloud before opening the game and sometimes I redownloaded my save if the VS characters didn’t spawn.

Heel

Haha, awesome. Great save obviously, but I love the thinking there off the tee...

"Super sidespin cut 95% 3 wood?... nah".

"5 wood in the fairway just short?... nah".

"Wait maybe the 3w".

"Ahh screw it, 3 iron straight into the trees in front of me".

lol yeah, glad I was able to capture the actual gameplay instead of the replay mode which skips all of that.

I basically play speed golf on the daily challenge course and don't put a ton of thought into it. I'd never put that much power on the approach shot if I spent more than 2 seconds looking at it, so slamming it directly in the cup was something I'll probably never see again. I'll take it!

505zoom

lol yeah, glad I was able to capture the actual gameplay instead of the replay mode which skips all of that.

I basically play speed golf on the daily challenge course and don't put a ton of thought into it. I'd never put that much power on the approach shot if I spent more than 2 seconds looking at it, so slamming it directly in the cup was something I'll probably never see again. I'll take it!

I hear you on the speed rounds, nothing wrong with that.

And yeah what you said right there about slamming it in the cup is probably the biggest reason why I miss the old style of play where I did super backspin on pretty much every approach. Plan to carry the flag distance and then either spin it back or sit it hard depending on how long of an iron it is and what the descent angle is. Nothing feels better in golf than straight dunking a shot. Nothing. Especially IRL.

Also, were you streaming or something when you did this? If not, how did you capture the shot setup?

Heel

Also, were you streaming or something when you did this? If not, how did you capture the shot setup?

Just the PS4 Pro's internal video capture / YouTube sharing. Have it set up to do 60 minutes of continuous recording.

The problem with this is that I play the game in HDR and it captures the video in that format, so when I upload live gameplay like this the colors look all blown out.

With the replay mode I can turn off the HDR in the settings to get a good recording, but I had to show that gameplay...haha.

505zoom

Just the PS4 Pro's internal video capture / YouTube sharing. Have it set up to do 60 minutes of continuous recording.

The problem with this is that I play the game in HDR and it captures the video in that format, so when I upload live gameplay like this the colors look all blown out.

With the replay mode I can turn off the HDR in the settings to get a good recording, but I had to show that gameplay...haha.

Gotcha. Hopefully going to have my full streaming setup done here this week after the new longer HDMI cables show up, but was wondering if I was missing something obvious on that.

Heel

That unmistakeable sound of a long slam dunk needs to be added for shots like that...

https://youtu.be/VN6Mp1BkfRE

Haha, that's awesome.

Gotcha. Hopefully going to have my full streaming setup done here this week after the new longer HDMI cables show up, but was wondering if I was missing something obvious on that.

Yeah, how long it automatically records and in what quality is in the system settings somewhere. Tap the share button and it lets you save the last XX minutes as a video, or trim it to upload to YouTube, etc.

Just make sure you don't double tap the share button. It'll start a new recording and you'll lose what it was recording prior to that. I've done that a few times on accident and lost some cool stuff I was trying to save.

I got one from the back left when the wind was a little stronger.

Also hint: replay your shot before you quit. That will keep you in the tee box.

I have yet to attempt the condor nightmare but how does that work exactly? Seems like a HUGE pain in the ass having to drive back every time.

krae_man

I have yet to attempt the condor nightmare but how does that work exactly? Seems like a HUGE pain in the ass having to drive back every time.

You'll need to drive back when you are getting the 5 Albatrosses you need which isn't very hard. If you miss the condor, you're going to have a short putt or chip for Albatross. Once you have 5 of those you can just condor hunt and that doesn't require driving back. If you don't get a hole in one, just hit the replay button then pause and quit the hole, it keeps you in the tee box.

Even if you had to drive back every time, it would beat the hell out of playing an entire 9 holes just to get one shot at it.

Thanks. I already got my albatrosses randomly but I've been basically playing this exclusively since launch. Stats say 2500 holes out. :p
Didn't know there was a replay button though, that is a very very helpful tip! I also assume you can't have any rattle from the trees in front of the teebox?

Cairnsay

Banned
Can someone help me out with spin. It seems every site I check says something slightly different. Say for backspin, is it tap down on d-pad on the final click, or hold down once the power has been set?

Heel

Can someone help me out with spin. It seems every site I check says something slightly different. Say for backspin, is it tap down on d-pad on the final click, or hold down once the power has been set?

There are different versions of varying power.

Simple backspin - Hold down on d-pad while setting your impact with the final click.

Super backspin - Hold up on d-pad while setting your power, hold down on d-pad while setting your impact with the final click. Must hit a perfect impact, or it reverts to simple backspin.

Ultra backspin - Hold up on d-pad while setting your power, tap down on d-pad while setting your impact with the final click. Must hit a perfect impact, or it reverts to simple backspin. You may need to unlock this at a later rank.

Do all of this in reverse for topspin, or combinations of left and right for draws / fades.

krae_man

Thanks. I already got my albatrosses randomly but I've been basically playing this exclusively since launch. Stats say 2500 holes out. :p
Didn't know there was a replay button though, that is a very very helpful tip! I also assume you can't have any rattle from the trees in front of the teebox?

Are you using triple precision balls? They triple the perfect impact zone and don't wear out doing single holes.

From the regular tee, there is no tree problem, just a straight topspin shot around 350-360 yards of power. Aim just to the right of the chimney then adjust for the wind. Maybe extreme wind would cause an issue with the trees, but I never hit them from that tee.

From the long tee however, the trees are an issue. A straight shot is possible, but you need favorable wind or you will hit the trees. I had better luck curving it to the left and bouncing over the left side of the hut. I never got it in, but had a couple roll past a couple inches from the cup. You also need another 20 yards of distance or so.

Never tried championship tees

How long will this last? Was it only for that day? Week?

Conditions change at 8pm EST daily.

To add to Heel's reply: also bear in mind that using backspin introduces some RNG into your shot (regardless of whether you hit with perfect impact) that will see it potentially straying several yards off course to the left or right, so don't just use backspin all willy-nilly on every approach. And, when you do use it, be cognizant of the effect and try to account for it. This only applies to backspin shots, however. Topspin and curve shots are unaffected.

TMC

Are you using triple precision balls? They triple the perfect impact zone and don't wear out doing single holes.

From the regular tee, there is no tree problem, just a straight topspin shot around 350-360 yards of power. Aim just to the right of the chimney then adjust for the wind. Maybe extreme wind would cause an issue with the trees, but I never hit them from that tee.

From the long tee however, the trees are an issue. A straight shot is possible, but you need favorable wind or you will hit the trees. I had better luck curving it to the left and bouncing over the left side of the hut. I never got it in, but had a couple roll past a couple inches from the cup. You also need another 20 yards of distance or so.

Never tried championship tees

Conditions change at 8pm EST daily.

Thanks. I knew conditions changed 8pm EST daily, but I wasn't sure if that changed courses as well.

I've been too busy focusing on the grind of getting all the gallery members. Need to pay attention each day I play to see if this comes up. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to show up again.

krae_man

Thanks. I knew conditions changed 8pm EST daily, but I wasn't sure if that changed courses as well.

I've been too busy focusing on the grind of getting all the gallery members. Need to pay attention each day I play to see if this comes up. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to show up again.

Yep daily change of tee, cup type, weather etc on the open courses. All of it.

Heel

Looks like they patched the game again with "bug fixes".

Only thing I've noticed is that the NPCs don't jump away like frightened animals anymore when you try to click them in the home area.

hort22

Translated patch notes:

[Open Course] Reduction of load

[Open Course] Fixed a bug where some other player's profile card information was incorrect

[Open Course] Fixed a problem that can be used continuously even if the possession number of balls becomes 0 in 9H play

[Daily ranking] Fixed a bug where the displayed information was partially incorrect

[Daily Ranking] Fixed a bug that the screen stopped when ranking was switched

[Hall Competition Battle] Fixed a problem that the character display time of chat was not reflected in participant list

[Competition room] Fixed a problem that can not proceed when displaying the scorecard

Translated News:

Thank you very much for playing "New Everyone's GOLF".

Starting September 25, 2017 (Monday), we changed the number of people participating in "Hall Competition Battle" as follows:

Changed the minimum number of people to start competing for hall from "4 people" to "6 people"

Top Bottom