• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everyone's Favorite Star Wars Character is Now in Fortnite

ZehDon

Gold Member
Still sad he just got sucked out into space like a nobody..
Fuck you, RJ.
I feel that. If it makes you feel any better, the body actor was in tears in the suit on his last day because they threw away the character like it was nothing, so you're not alone:
“I was actually in tears in the suit because I thought – after everything, after hoping they’d be something, after knowing there wasn’t going to be anything else, Ackbar’s final moment before he went in to the box was a big joke about it’s a wrap. And that was the sum total of my life as Ackbar!"

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
i bought the Rey skin + quarterstaff.

i just wish we could get a light saber pickaxe.

tenor.gif

Same here on all accounts. Rey doesn't really get any love here, but it doesn't really bother me...to each their own. I got her and will most likely get Kylo Ren as well.

The lightsaber mechanic is so fun to play right now! I wish it could always stay around, but at least we can enjoy some fun duels while it's here. :)

Tumle

All things considered, does this mean that Disney have reworked some of the licensing deals with EA after battlefront 2 Miss handling?
is there actually a chance that some other company gets to suck the life out of Star Wars for a change? 😊

Last edited:

marquimvfs

Oh, c'mon! So many great characters to put in the game! I mean, even if they wanted to limit to the newer trilogy, Han Solo and Lea are in it, and even the fucking Kylo Ren are more desirable than any of the choices available.
I thought this was going to be another Baby Yoda thread
Baby Yoda or the fucking BB8 would be better than we got...

ManaByte

Gold Member
i bought the Rey skin + quarterstaff.

i just wish we could get a light saber pickaxe.

Bought the bundle + staff. Don't need the TIE since they gave everyone the superior Kylo TIE glider.

Will buy Kylo, Zorii, and the Falcon when they go up.

Coconutt

I wonder who payed for this, did Epic actually pay to use the Star Wars license or did Disney pay epic to add Star Wars character to shove them down the throat of kids since that is the audience they are after.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I wonder who payed for this, did Epic actually pay to use the Star Wars license or did Disney pay epic to add Star Wars character to shove them down the throat of kids since that is the audience they are after.

I presume it’s some kind of partnership.

Both companies seem to benefit heavily from these Fortnite crossovers. Massive interest is driven to the game, and advertising for the property in question gets a signal boost in one of, if not the most, popular games on the planet.

Add in the characters you can buy, which people do in droves (I’m assuming some kind of money split there), and it probably makes sense for Epic and the company in question to seek each other out and make an agreement. It’s mutually beneficial to a huge extent, and has no downsides.

Top Bottom