• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Everything Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Does In a Day

Dec 15, 2011
This has aged well.

DarkMage619

Jun 19, 2004
I don't understand the fascination that people have with AOC

She seems like a nice person, but the left have put her on a pedostal for some unknown reason.
I'd say the right paints her as a boogeyman more than the left elevates her. People like Pelosi and Biden clearly have more power and influence.

Yoboman

Sep 17, 2005
Still getting $174,000 for doing nothing id pretty damn good
Yeah I wouldn't mind that but its pennies on the dollar compared to her colleagues

Compared to say Nancy Pelosi worth 114 million dollars or Mitch McConnell worth 22 million dollars. Somehow both making this sort of money as lifelong members of congress. Both having far more power than AOC, and all they exist to do is partisan blocking

AOC has authored the green new deal, repealed the Faircloth Amendment to allow for increases in public housing, introduced amendments to increase funding for opioid treatment. She has introduced more amendments than 90% of her colleagues and has been across some significant public investigations

She has been very effective for only 2 years in office

Yoboman

Sep 17, 2005
she hasnt been there long enough to steal her way to the good life, yet
Yeah, she is trying to do good stuff right now but the swamp corrupts people. Wouldn't be shocked at all if she is a corrupted career politician in 10 years

macfoshizzle

Jan 23, 2009
She failed for #forcethevote for medicare for all.. Then goes on about how they need to be forcing votes for impeachment and shit. What a phony

rorepmE

Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde
She's anything but. Or to be more precise that sentence is 100% correct. She *seems* like a nice person. And she's fully aware of it. Ugly as hell and fake underneath though. Most dangerous kind of people.

And I know that seems like a lot of unjustified hate, but I know people like her and for me she stinks to high heaven. Your Mileage and interpretation of her may vary completely though.

She's like the loud GF that talks shit to a guy and expects you to fight him.

Still getting $174,000 for doing nothing id pretty damn good

Yup, that's an entry level job that most would envy.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
So much energy and so much effort from the Right is put into to hating and ridiculing this one particular rookie Congresswoman who has next to no influence outside of social media.

Rent free does not even begin to explain it lol
There doesn't seem to be much effort at all. She seems to get a lot of puff pieces like this for people to lazily repeat the same few basic insults, she has a horse/donkey face/she is dumb/crazy eyes/bartender lol. You have posted some variation of this post in a lot of AOC related threads. I think the people you claim are putting so much effort into hating her are living rent free in your head or your SIMP is showing.

The HUR HUR act that the right is promoting her somehow is also hilarious. None of these puff pieces are produced by right wing sources, people wouldn't react to nothing so when the public is given endless puff pieces you are going to naturally get more reactions positive and negative.