• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everything looks like crap after playing TLOU2

TrainedRage

Banned
Oh knock it off with that self-righteous I have a pc bullshit. Lol slightly improved textures aren't giving characters emotions in their eyes. Or any of the things I mentioned in the original post.
Jesus I didn't realise gaming side was so fucking sensitive. Calm down people. Is it not known that PC's are the better gaming platform? How is this debatable?
TLoU2 is the best looking console game of all time and ever!!!! ok im out have fun guys!

DeaDPo0L84

Yeah def animations. When TLOU2 comes out on pc it will obv be the better version. DS is def something else for pc gamers. It already looks insane on p4pro tbh.

I played both Horizon and Bloodborne and got the platinum for both. When they release on PC I'm really looking forward to how much better the PC version will be, especially for Bloodborne. I'm gonna finish LoU2 on Pro and hope a PC version comes later so I can compare the two.

Edit: I skipped out on death stranding when it released so I'm also looking forward to playing it for the first time on PC.

Last edited:

Hissing Sid

I feel sorry for you OP, because if you can't get any enjoyment from anything less than the latest TrippleA whizbang then I'm afraid you're missing out on forty odd years worth of some of the greatest gaming experiences ever coded.

Without trying to come across as some kind of retro elitist snob I'd say that I was lucky to have been born at the beginning of it all because honestly, everything looks great after playing Pong.

It's about more than just graphics with this game.

For me its the story, animations, visuals, sound, level design, atmosphere.
All of these are done very well with Last Of Us 2 so it eclipses every single PS4 exclusive that i currently have from Sony's best studios and i have them all.

Its the one game i cannot stop playing. Its the only game even my partner is interested in watching as i play because the story has her hooked.

Sure, PC games with mods attached will surpass it graphically but then again Last Of Us 2 was developed for base PS4 and not Pro so there is some untapped potential in the stronger console.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Looks good but TLOU Part II looks better
You need also look at the scale, in SotC the areas big and you are fighting huge Colossus by climbing them, while looking good and running on 60FPS.
mpf48sx2a2f01.png

6YPrnDX.gif

WillingGoodCob-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Dibils2k

TLOU Part II is the most advanced game this generation with its facial animations, movement animations, character models, AI and how they communicate, foliage, etc
yeah here is a great example of items pick up animation, never seen anything so realistic

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
yeah here is a great example of items pick up animation, never seen anything so realistic
Do you want it to be like RDR2? to take forever to pick up anything, especially in game like TLOU when you need pick bottle or even resource in middle a fight.

LED Guy?

Banned
It'll be short lived. Ghosts of Tsushima is coming out. Enjoy it while you can Naughty Dog.
LMAO!! Ghost of Tsushima looks worse than The Last of Us Part II from what we've seen so far, since that E3 2018 gameplay I knew people were hyping up Ghost of Tsushima's graphics a bit too much .

TLOU 2 is already making games like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and RDR 2 look outdated a bit, and we haven't even delved into its animations which are leagues ahead of every game that have ever released, not to mention details, AI, foliage quality, lighting etc...

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Every single 1st party PS exclusive that comes out gets the graphics crown by PS gamers putting them up on pedestals. It was like this the entire previous generation and I don't see that changing going forward with next-gen. Superior hardware (3000-series GPUs, CPUs, and Samsung SSDs) that's not on the newer consoles will be overlooked or explained away since it's not something console gamers can brag about. It's been like a broken record for a long time..

But things will change though. And soon. If rumors are true, TLOU2 will be released on PC and it will be the best iteration of the game. Just like Death Stranding, HZD and other PS exclusives coming to PC.

I suspect threads like these will go by the wayside and the PS fans will resort to having humble attitudes like the Xbox fans when their exclusives will have better versions on more powerful hardware. Be patient..

Shmunter

Every single 1st party PS exclusive that comes out gets the graphics crown by PS gamers putting them up on pedestals. It was like this the entire previous generation and I don't see that changing going forward with next-gen. Superior hardware (3000-series GPUs, CPUs, and Samsung SSDs) that's not on the newer consoles will be overlooked or explained away since it's not something console gamers can brag about. It's been like a broken record for a long time..

But things will change though. And soon. If rumors are true, TLOU2 will be released on PC and it will be the best iteration of the game. Just like Death Stranding, HZD and other PS exclusives coming to PC.

I suspect threads like these will go by the wayside and the PS fans will resort to having humble attitudes like the Xbox fans when their exclusives will have better versions on more powerful hardware. Be patient..
This is what port begging eventually mutates to. A statement of fact by the biggest pc fanboy on the forum

Shmunter

Port begging? Or is it just the way it is? I'm not standing at a podium preaching PC conversions (they aren't ports to begin with) at Sony companies. You need to take that up with the new Head of Sony.
No, they already exists ready to ship on PC. - Look a Sony exclusive, quick pull my pre canned talking string

VFXVeteran

Banned
Eh just watch it coming to pc 1 year later or so. Big whoop. More money for them..

The point is your praising a game being superior to all other games graphically so you have to be consistent with that praise when it comes to PC as well. It will look even better.

Eh just watch it coming to pc 1 year later or so. Big whoop. More money for them..

Been hearing the same about Bloodborne for 6 years now. "Any day now" .....The latest rave was the eventual announcement at the PS5 reveal event....:messenger_beaming:. At least the PC master race recognize greatness when they port beg. The master race could care less about The Order or Infamous etc... that "principled stance" loses steam real quick when under duress. :messenger_tears_of_joy: One thing is for certain, they've lost all faith in Valve.

Still, as a PC gamer that doesn't identify with the master race I still can't reconcile how impatient and impulsive these kids are rushing to buy a $800-$1000 card, but being patient for 5+ years or decades port begging for a specific console exclusive. There has to be a psychological pathology in there somewhere. Has to.

Last edited:

Vaelka

Meanwhile I am totally unimpressed by graphical fidelity but love colorful and cartoony aesthetics.
I don't give a shit how many pores you can render, just make things look cool and fantastical.

Vaelka

Been hearing the same about Bloodborne for 6 years now. "Any day now" .....The latest rave was the eventual announcement at the PS5 reveal event....:messenger_beaming:. At least the PC master race recognize greatness when they port beg. The master race could care less about The Order or Infamous etc... that "principled stance" loses steam real quick when under duress. :messenger_tears_of_joy: One thing is for certain, they've lost all faith in Valve.

Still, as a PC gamer that doesn't identify with the master race I still can't reconcile how impatient and impulse these kids are rushing to buy a $800-$1000 card, but being patient for 5+ years or decades port begging for a specific console exclusive. There has to be a psychological pathology in there somewhere. Has to.

Honestly tho people bragging about a handful of exclusives on the PS is pretty silly considering how many hundreds of more exclusives and genres of games exist on PC.
Many of which have larger playerbases than the PS4 has even sold consoles.
Most people '' port begging '' are just doing it because they want a better experience for a game they've already played. Most people who want a Bloodborne port want it because it'd most likely mean a higher frame rate and better visuals, even if it's the same mods could fix it.

Honestly tho people bragging about a handful of exclusives on the PS is pretty silly considering how many hundreds of more exclusives and genres of games exist on PC.
Most people '' port begging '' are just doing it because they want a better experience for a game they've already played. Most people who want a Bloodborne port want it because it'd most likely mean a higher frame rate and better visuals, even if it's the same mods could fix it.

What game has an active playerbase greater than 110-120 million PS4's?

200.gif

Last edited:
I wish people weren’t so hung up on graphics in video games. ND had 7 years of development time to make a linear third person shooter. Of course it is going to look good. But the game basically plays itself when you’re not walking from one cut scene to the next or clearing a room of enemies. The same mash square button QTEs everywhere, the same pointless “press triangle to turn on the generator” kind of empty spectacle. When I see some real improvement in the mechanics of all this then I will be impressed.

Last edited:
No, they just want the best games of every year.

Console gamers don't care about those pc exclusives. If we cared then they would definitely bring them to consoles.

Last edited:

gow3isben

I think it is getting seriously overrated.

I'll give it, from a facial expression/acting and animation standpoint it is tops. But graphically it has underwhelmed me in many areas. It has the best linear foliage. But that is it. Kratos has a better character model than Ellie. RDR2, Horizon far surpass it in terms of open world. Uncharted 4 and the Order beat it in a lot of the linear environments. The open world sections in fact seem meh honestly.

Overall, graphically it is top 10 but not the best.

Animation wise it is number 1.

Expression, character performance-wise it is also number 1, tied with RDR2.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Here's the thing.
When PC gamers can play these games on PC in higher resolutions they are going to agree that PS exclusive games are best in class.
Taking resolution out of the equation, I don't see how PC gamers can't agree what an amazing job Sony first party or Sony funded third party developers do on 7 year old hardware. They push the hardware to it's limits. Third party games don't come close and playing them in 1440p or 4k doesn't change that fact.

In 5 years time, I'll be ecstatic to play TLOU2 on PC in 4k. I can't imagine it will get a PC release any time soon. Time enough for me to buy a new PC, upgrade from my 1070.
:)

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I wish people weren’t so hung up on graphics in video games. ND had 7 years of development time to make a linear third person shooter. Of course it is going to look good. But the game basically plays itself when you’re not walking from one cut scene to the next or clearing a room of enemies. The same mash square button QTEs everywhere, the same pointless “press triangle to turn on the generator” kind of empty spectacle. When I see some real improvement in the mechanics of all this then I will be impressed.
😂 TLOU has never "played itself"

Jigsaah

Gold Member
LMAO!! Ghost of Tsushima looks worse than The Last of Us Part II from what we've seen so far, since that E3 2018 gameplay I knew people were hyping up Ghost of Tsushima's graphics a bit too much .

TLOU 2 is already making games like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and RDR 2 look outdated a bit, and we haven't even delved into its animations which are leagues ahead of every game that have ever released, not to mention details, AI, foliage quality, lighting etc...
After playing Last of Us 2 I didn't walk away in awe...of anything. That scene in the trailer where the Ghost and that woman were going at it? Are you kidding me?

Lordani66

Banned
Where the consoles will get wiped a little less for a while and then go back to the regular scheduled wiping.
Yeah just how current gen got destroyed with 570, then 660, then 760 then 970 and so on xd. Cant wait to see your denial of reality this gen.

martino

No? Happening with 100% certainty.

I see you say that a lot (and it pleases me to read it) but you are alone and nothing indicates it
I means sony plan seems to confirm the reverse. They know they need the exclusive and it's shaping to become the only strenght they will keep this gen (without refresh hardware)

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance

PC MaStEr RaCe Go gO Go!

ZyTIV8K.jpg

Top Bottom