Well, the cards have been running out of spec for months, so I imagine a certain amount of "damage" is already done.Wait, most? Has anybody with the new BIOS and thermal pads had theirs fry? I'm wondering the same about just getting a new card from a different manufacturer, but that wasn't really in the budget. I too bought mine in June so a refund is out of the question for me as well. But if there's a possibility of this thing burning out even with the BIOS and pads I don't want it running. Earlier I thought I would at least wait until the 11 series came out but that may depend on how bad this situation is.
You could always try. It took some time, but EVGA rep granted me a refund RMA. Just waiting for the Watch Dogs 2 pack in or a good black friday deal before I send mine in and hopefully be done with this matter.My RMA is supposed to arrive on Tuesday and now I'm wondering if I don't just write this whole thing off and get another card instead.
Most of the recent reports of cards frying are on cards without the "optional" thermal pads so I'm not really sure what to do. I don't really want to drop another $600 because EVGA fucked up. I bought it back in June so there's no way to get a refund at this point.