• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evil Dead the game is a good graphical goal for what state of decay 3 can be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Evil dead the game made me more excited for state of decay 3...going from home to home looting items, weapons and fighting the undead while in a beautifully rendered forest reigon made me think if we got this for SOD 3 I'd be content visually. SOD3 is a UE5 game but being open world while Evil Dead is in a smaller reigion if SOD3 is about the size of SOD2 it would be a beautiful open world.

280653319_540691714218898_8098828386126867463_n.jpg

Evil-Dead-The-Game-Image-1-750x422.jpg

EVIL-DEAD_-THE-GAME-Trailer-2021-Bruce-Campbell-Horror-Game-0-49-screenshot-1920x1080.jpg

Calverz

I agree OP. Evil dead looks pretty nice. Especially when it’s pitch dark and the rain with the lightning etc.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I tried to get into SoD 1 and 2 and just got repelled by the jank and crafting. I don't think I've ever truly gotten into a survival game though.

I'll definitely try part 3. And yeah, they're a small team so your point seems fair. That would be a realistic improvement. I'm less interested in the graphics for them, and just gameplay improvements.

ARK1391

I tried to get into SoD 1 and 2 and just got repelled by the jank and crafting. I don't think I've ever truly gotten into a survival game though.

I'll definitely try part 3. And yeah, they're a small team so your point seems fair. That would be a realistic improvement. I'm less interested in the graphics for them, and just gameplay improvements.
This was always my issue with those games. I really hope they can improve the animations and smooth out the way characters move and interact. It was so jarring to play that I just couldn't get past it.

Visuals are whatever, even the best looking game is only the best for a few years if that. Gameplay is king in my opinion.

coffinbirth

They honestly need to sort out the mechanics, UI and general feel of the game before they even worry about graphics.
The first game was really, really good. I managed to beat it without dying.
The second State of Decay was a pile of hot garbage that I couldn't get into at all.

Evil Dead is...ok. To me it's more of a novelty to run around in an Evil Dead game for the first time in 20 years than anything. I'd rather have a fully single player game in that universe again, but alas.

MiguelItUp

The game actually looks really good, especially in motion, and with varying weather effects. Honestly just had me really excited about UE5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom