• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evil Genius 2 may be announced this year

TheVoidDragon

Jan 9, 2012
There is chance of Evil Genius 2 being made. Back in October i asked Jason Kingsley, the CEO of Rellbion, about the chance of an Evil Genius 2 and he said this:

After that someone else asked him about it:

Recently, a few more people have asked and it seems we might hear something about Evil Genius 2 soon:

I asked him yesterday if we are likely to get any news soon and he said this:

It seems quite likely that we will wear something about a new Evil Genius game this year, Rebellion definitely seem interested in doing something with it.

fizzelopeguss

Banned
Nov 1, 2007
Rather than some bond villain hiding in a mountain, they should make it based around a north korean style crazy nation that hold the world to ransom with nukes and suicide commando raids.

Striek

Jan 24, 2005
Clearly theres a burning desire over at Rebellion creatively to do a sequel to the decade old game. Or a burning desire to get in on some of dat Kickstarter money.

big youth

Aug 12, 2012
just a few days ago I was thinking about this game, and how it's a shame we'll likely never get a sequel...

mrboo001

Banned
Jul 4, 2012
Clearly theres a burning desire over at Rebellion creatively to do a sequel to the decade old game. Or a burning desire to get in on some of dat Kickstarter money.
I would not be surpised if it was a Kickstarter play. Then again, I would back it so I would have no problems with that :)

Munin

Jul 20, 2006
Hong Kong
I never realized Evil Genius had anything to do with Rebellion...but the original developers, Elixir are long gone and Rebellion in general are quite hit and miss. :/

TheVoidDragon

Jan 9, 2012
I never realized Evil Genius had anything to do with Rebellion...but the original developers, Elixir are long gone and Rebellion in general are quite hit and miss. :/
They purchased all of Elixirs IPs, but so far all they've done with Evil Genius is make a Facebook game with it.