• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO Sunday Schedule Revealed

The EVO lineup was announced two weeks after Rev 2 was announced, and Mr. Wizard said that on the announcement stream that Rev 2 was what they were gonna roll with since ArcSys had been working closely with the EVO team. Going with BlazBlue on Sunday over Rev 2 was a conscious decision.

5DpNZUS.jpg

With an ever-growing number of AAA fighting games having some shoved to Saturday was inevitable. Hope they end up giving Saturday games the same care and attention Sunday games normally would have.

Zyrox

Nice too see BB, T7 and Smash 4 all one after the other. Will make for an entertaining day. This is my favorite Sunday lineup ever, normally I skip Sunday but this time there are three games I want to watch. Awesome.

If Saturday finals get played in the big arena, I kinda wish Marvel had gotten a later Saturday time slot. Oh well, will watch anyways. It's my highlight so I'll probably call it a wrap there and catch the rest on YouTube later.

Codeblue

I will say that the line up is awful from a practical perspective.

BlazBlue should be a Saturday game, and not for prestige or anything, but it just makes sense practically.

Smash 4 was inexplicably a Saturday game last year with over 2000 entrants. So when finals rolled around you had the entire scene there, plus people watching Street Fighter bracket to the right and, like, KI or something on the left, all splitting a couple hundred chairs, everyone else tries to cram together on the hard floor. It sucked. But if you put something like BlazBlue in that situation, with only 500 entrants, things get a lot more tolerable.

There's no reason Inj 2,Melee, or GG, shouldn't have that spot just from a common sense perspective.

Dahbomb

Top 32 Marvel will be much more hype than top 8.

The heart breaks from not making top 8 in the last ever Marvel 3 EVO tournament.

I don't think I can take another Clockwork 9th place finish.

GamerJM

Banned
I will say that the line up is awful from a practical perspective.

BlazBlue should be a Saturday game, and not for prestige or anything, but it just makes sense practically.

Smash 4 was inexplicably a Saturday game last year with over 2000 entrants. So when finals rolled around you had the entire scene there, plus people watching Street Fighter bracket to the right and, like, KI or something on the left, all splitting a couple hundred chairs, everyone else tries to cram together on the hard floor. It sucked. But if you put something like BlazBlue in that situation, with only 500 entrants, things get a lot more tolerable.

There's no reason Inj 2,Melee, or GG, shouldn't have that spot just from a common sense perspective.

I somehow managed to get a seat near the front of the rows that gave me a good view of all of the screens >_>. It still seemed like it sucked though. Crowding around the CRTs for Melee was kinda ass, though at the same time I felt like I was apart of something and felt special.

Dahbomb

I think overall Saturday will be the day that is non stop action and hype. It's almost too much on Saturday.

Sami+

Really hoping Smash 4 is fun to watch this year. I don't think it deserves the spot over Melee but I guess it's fair to give it a turn.

If I had my way tho we'd be watching Project M on Sunday lol. By far my favorite.

Chauzu

Really hoping Smash 4 is fun to watch this year. I don't think it deserves the spot over Melee but I guess it's fair to give it a turn.

If I had my way tho we'd be watching Project M on Sunday lol. By far my favorite.

Smash 4 meta has gone a long way and is mostly offensive, and the more defensive chars at least have interesting tools (Villager, Mega Man, Duck Hunt, Olimar). Should be a great EVO!

You guys are so obsessed with whether a game is on sunday or not, but straight up, I'm not interested in waking up at the ass crack of dawn to watch Xrd, I'd rather watch it at primetime on Saturday.

Uraizen

Banned
I wonder why BBCF would be on Sunday instead? Hmm... well, they used Evo to announce Dizzy for free and a balance update release that day when Rev was on a Sunday. BBCF hasn't been touched in a very long time. What reason could they possibly have to put it on Sunday? Could it be another announcement? Naaaah, couldn't be.

Malice215

I like the lineup because I can watch what I want and end the night early on Sunday.

I wonder why BBCF would be on Sunday instead? Hmm... well, they used Evo to announce Dizzy for free and a balance update release that day when Rev was on a Sunday. BBCF hasn't been touched in a very long time. What reason could they possibly have to put it on Sunday? Could it be another announcement? Naaaah, couldn't be.

It was announced in January that they were swapping Xrd/Melee for BlazBlue/Smash 4 and the vote in game would be first for Sunday.

Top 32 Marvel will be much more hype than top 8.

The heart breaks from not making top 8 in the last ever Marvel 3 EVO tournament.

I don't think I can take another Clockwork 9th place finish.

They better stream this because these matches are better than the top 8.

BlazBlue over Guilty Gear is a travesty.

The decision was made way ahead of time and before Rev 2 was announced. Plus people have been saying for years that BB had one of the best finals at EVO, so I don't get the hate now for it.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
You guys are so obsessed with whether a game is on sunday or not, but straight up, I'm not interested in waking up at the ass crack of dawn to watch Xrd, I'd rather watch it at primetime on Saturday.

But now i will have to wake up early in a sunday to watch Mahvel :(

.la1n

Glad I took off work Monday because SF V following Smash 4 means we're looking at 3am EST start time at the earliest.

Shin

Banned
Waiting for the Evo2017 thread with all the schedules and stuff so I can get lost in them.
Looking forward to more SFV and DBFZ action.

kewlmyc

Why in the world would you put BB on Sunday instead of Xrd?

This is the "final" Blazblue game (the team is working on new things now), so I guess they wanted it to go out with a bang. That and maybe there's a special BB announcement like they had with Xrd last year, so they want to reveal it on the main stage this year.

The amount of hate BB gets is weird. It's really evolved since it's first iteration and was responsible for one of the best EVO moments in recent memory.

ArjanN

Pretty much, we only get one Smash sleep break on sunday anyway.

Top Bottom