• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTmAn81

Anteo

What does the percentage mean at the bottom of the screen for each character?

#hasnotplayedsmash

How much damage have the player taken. The higher the % the farther they fly after a hit. it can go up to %999, changes the way the combos have to be executed as the match goes. Also the character on the reciving end of the combo have some influence on the direction, so the comboing character has to somewhat read or predict a little of that influence to continue the combo.

pyros

I'm just wondering, how old is the gaf contingent in evo, I really want to be there, but at 45, I feel I'm too old for the scene

well, that's what my wife thinks

galvatron

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm more astounded that they're offering such a niche premium product that looks so similar to their other products at a high price point rather than saying said pricepoint is unfair.

i have some silent sanwas in a Hori. They're not great. It just seems like a pad has been placed in the button to dull the noise, which makes it feel mushy.

Yikes...

unreon

What does the percentage mean at the bottom of the screen for each character?

#hasnotplayedsmash
In Smash, you kill people by knocking them out of the arena. Percent = damage. At low percents, each hit you take won't send you very far. The more damage you take (= the higher percent), the further you get sent with each hit. Until you lose. That's the basic idea.

SCORPION MASTER RETURNS.

JeTmAn81

I'm just wondering, how old is the gaf contingent in evo, I really want to be there, but at 45, I feel I'm too old for the scene

I won't lie, there is ageism in the FGC. But there are a few players in their 30's who stick around and don't have to endure the cries of "Old man!"...all that often. I'm 32 btw and I'd like to go next year.

unreon

Mango's alter ego when he played Mario for a few months in tournaments (he entered tournaments with that tag instead of Mango). BIGGEST troll in Smash history.
Also in addition: he was beating some top local players with Mario too, and everyone on the internet not in the know were wondering "Who is this amazing Mario player that I've never heard of?". It turned out to be Mango all along.

Kikujiro

There are a lot of "old" people in the FGC and EVO is considered a family event.

Anth0ny

there was a period in time a few years back where mango used mario exclusively in tournament under the pseudonym "scorpion master". he proceeded to beat every player on the west coast. with MARIO.

this was during the days before smash had many streams, so there was never a camera on the player. he even made a scorpion master account on smash boards. fantastic troll.

Anteo

there was a period in time a few years back where mango used mario exclusively in tournament under the pseudonym "scorpion master". he proceeded to beat every player on the west coast. with MARIO.

this was during the days before smash had many streams, so there was never a camera on the player. he even made a scorpion master account on smash boards. fantastic troll.

Did he went "It's me AUSTIN SmashBoards"?

Marz

Doesn't matter honestly, you might have to put up with a few jokes or remarks here and there but Valle and John Choi are 40 something and so is Chen iirc so its an older crowd anyways

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.
But what's the real cost?
‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.
Why are we still paying so much for sneakers
When you got them made by little slave kids
What are your overheads?"

YO! shoutouts to FOTC. going to see them with dave chappelle in september!

but damn, iperu...what happened man?

Imm0rt4l

There are guys your age that attend EVO for sure. I'm 26, but I've met a few guys in their 40's, though my age is probably the median.

Anth0ny

Did he went "It's me AUSTIN SmashBoards"?

I think he actually did. He was exposed at a major where there were.... wait for it... cameras

the match to look for in this pool is NOOBKING vs. MANGO. Mango needs to introduction. Noobking is one of the top Canadian players, one of the best Captain Falcons in the world and easily the best Falcon in Canada. He has a really unique and entertaining playstyle, should be a good match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom