• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Jer

Can't make it this year unfortunately, but very excited for Tekken. I'm actually pretty excited for Marvel too even though I don't even play it, nice to see it getting a Sunday spot for the last year. Hope Justin can do some damage.

It's cool to see the hype from people going for the first time. It's an awesome experience. Just don't forget to do the rest of Vegas. Also, Sunday is much better when at least a little intoxicated, it is known.

Shouta

As I'm not attending this year, I'll be watching this thread like a hawk.

Absolutely no whining about games will be allowed. No "Why is this game in the line-up" "When is this game over" yadda yadda. If you're doing something like this, you'll catch a short vacation.

Gonna add it to the OP so people are clear.

Codeblue

Absolutely no whining about games will be allowed. No "Why is this game in the line-up" "When is this game over" yadda yadda. If you're doing something like this, you'll catch a short vacation.

Who's gonna hang out with the Asian players and tell us what goes on behind the scenes this year?

Revven

This is good to see!

Besides SFV and Rev 2 I'm pretty hyped to watch Gundam Versus. Haven't played a Gundam Vs game since PS2 so I can't wait for the new one.

DB gonna be hypeee too

Kumubou

I have PM at 6, Melee at 8, and Tekken Judging at 2 PM so having a 3 PM time for PPT should be fine I feel.

*EDIT* Oh Smash.GG says it's on Saturday I'm fine then lol.

*EDIT EDIT* Okay it says that but the stream schedule has PPT on Friday I'm confused now.

I can't T-Spin but I'll keep those 5-6 Puyo chains ready to go for y'all to speed up the bracket :3

(PPT Runs about as fast as Smash when it's slower players, so yeah I can see that being a worry)
The times on smash.gg were correct, but the day wasn't -- the schedule is correct, Puyo Puyo Tetris Swap is running on Friday. smash.gg brackets have since been corrected to reflect that. If you're in an official Evo game at the same time, make sure to let the TO know so we can try to work around that as best we can (although you might want to let him know ahead of time if you won't be available at all until ~4 PM or so).

(Moral of this story: don't make changes to tournament settings half-asleep.)

There goes my plans of shitposting about a game while doing commentary for it. :(

To be fair my wanna exclude "Why is Blazblue on Sunday?" from that. That's a fair question given the circumstances.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I was eating some expensive pizza at a restaurant during CEO with Daigo and his friends at a table nearby and they left a $3 tip for a $100+ bill

Yo am I gonna look like a dork going to Bar Fights in my suit?

I don't get many chances to wear it and I figure Vegas clubs might be a good excuse.

Lulubop

Nice

hang out in the discord and let us know what you really think

petran79

Banned
tbf, non americans wouldn't understand the concept of tipping culture in america.

In Israel it is called service.You give the staff extra money which is 10% of the sum of your orders.You can give them more if you like.

Notice that the extras they bring are almost zero. Eg in Greece if you order coffee or chocolate they bring you water too and biscuits. If you order alcool they bring you potato chips,peanuts etc. If you order a cocktail they bring you all that plus cucumbers or carrots with salt and vinegar. In some regions in restaurants after the main dish they bring you fruits or sweets (eg ice cream) for free. They deserve more tips for all of this.
It is difficult having grown with all of this and then eat or drink in another country.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My picks.

GG - Machabo

SFV - Anybody but Daigo

Tekken 7 - Heart says Knee, reality says JDCR

BB - Dogura, I'm sure he remembers that choke well and he has to avenge it

Injustice 2 - Ed Boon

Melee - Mango

Smash 4 - Nairo

KOF - Most likely Xiaohai

Marvel - Chris G, and the salt mines will flow

Lemstar

can i whine about the emotes

because they're

not great

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Main Evo stream. Wth. Explain yourself Wiz!!!!!!!!

FgQGa3G.jpg

Actually this is the old one.

chrono01

I was eating some expensive pizza at a restaurant during CEO with Daigo and his friends at a table nearby and they left a $3 tip for a $100+ bill
This is why Daigo can't win EVO, all of that guilt over not tipping enough on his meals must be weighing on his conscience.

Neoxon

I'm just gonna say it at this point. 4th most entrants, 2nd highest pot bonus, and it's on Saturday. I can understand, even if I don't agree with it, Blazblue over Guilty Gear on Sunday because it's the newest game by the company and Rev 2 had no release date when the games were announced. I find it unfair that games that were already main games didn't have a chance to donate to be on Sunday. I think the donation drive game should be on Saturday. Injustice has had two majors before EVO and they've both hit almost 400 entrants, it's one of the newest fighters out and high profile, and it's coming off a ridiculous top 8 at EVO and numerous weekly tournaments that have been very good. If ever there was a time to show the game off on the main stage of EVO it's now. With DBFZ and Infinite I don't know if Injustice will ever get a Sunday before MK11/MK vs. DC 2 comes out and that's sad. I just don't get it.
Injustice 2 was in 5th place for entrants, not 4th (that honor belongs to Tekken 7). But looking at it objectively, you can't really have 2 anime games on the same day for the same reason why you can't have 2 Smash games on the same day. Unless Xrd & BB were Friday & Saturday games (which wouldn't have worked given the number of entrants), one of them had to be on Sunday. The only one that could have been moved to Saturday in favor of Injustice 2 was UMvC3, but it got the Sunday slot in honor of winning the Player's Choice donation drive. I would have been cool with Injustice 2 on Sunday, but it is what it is.

Enzo88

tbf, non americans wouldn't understand the concept of tipping culture in america.

As an European that has been several times in the U.S., i can confirm this.

You guys don`t realize that you`re the only people that do this and i actually hate it.

Tipping should be up to me, but in the US they look bad at you if you don`t..which for us is totally absurd, you already have a salary for your job..

Lulubop

America gonna get washed in anime and taken. Punk got SFV, Asia gonna free as fuck to Du, Smug and Snake. Zero and Hungrybox for Smash, Xiao hai for KoF, IJ2 seems like a lot of heads who can take it.

Top Bottom