• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Zyrox

Evo Hype! This one has one of my favorite lineups yet. Really excited to watch Smash 4, Blazblue and Tekken 7.

Sayad

Sounds about right.
hqdefault.jpg

Still can believe some prefer this face to the playable function's face.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Yeah guys that glorious time of the year arrived, here's rooting for Tokido and JWong.

EDIT: Did Marn and Poongko managed to go to EVO this year?

Magypsy

hypeeee

Hopefully I will be able to attend in the flesh instead of digitally some time in my life.

Quick question: is one allowed to drink at Evo?

BadWolf

KOF is going to be so damn good, there are a ton of killers attending (damn near everyone worth mentioning in the international scene) and SNK have added $14,000 to the pot.

Friday should be glorious.

toneroni

Awesome, thanks for the nice OP!
Gonna try to check out AniEvo for the first time along with the reg SFV and Mahvel.
Know basically nothing about Tekken 7 also.
Will probably be stuck at home with my infant son so it'll be nice to watch!

Revven

In for SFV, Melee, Smash 4, and DBFZ! Of course I'll try to watch all the top 8s on Sunday but this year I have to work for around 2-3 hours so I'll probably miss one of them, unfortunately. :(

In fact, I have to work this weekend period so I'm gonna miss some EVO here and there to begin with.

Watching for SFV, Mahvel, Rev2, and maybe VSav. I hope the panels and announcements will be just as good as the tournament.

TreIII

Here mainly for KOF, Animevo, and whatever I can get of Arika's new game and Dragon Ball Fighterz.

And if more surprises are in store, then, by all means!

Looking forward to Tekken, IJ2, DBFZ, and KOF. I'm burnt out on watching SFV tbh but I'm glad Top 8 will be on ESPN 2 again.

Is Hellpockets not commentating KOF?

Donuts

Evo hype! It'll be my second time heading down there. I'm excited for bringing my switch down and playing with folks!

JAXXX

Can't wait to see ..
Sonic win Injustice 2
RyanLV win UMVC3

and my predicted winner for SFV is Nuckledu or Punk,or Fuudo, or longshot Snakeeyes.

Couldn't make it out this year, but excited to watch Rev2 and Tekken this year. It was incredibly hard to actually watch matches that weren't GF at the event last year (why were there so little chairs??), so I'm really looking forward to seeing more play.

sinkfla87

Can't wait to see ..
Sonic win Injustice 2
RyanLV win UMVC3

and my predicted winner for SFV is Nuckledu or Punk,or Fuudo, or longshot Snakeeyes.

Yeah, I don't know about that. After combo breaker and Sonic won all I could think about was how boring future tournaments were going to be, SonicFox's college fund etc. That and annoying ass Aquaman and Black Adam matches only for top 8. And then CEO happened... I actually look forward to the Injustice pools. I mean Coach Steve sent TekkenMaster (who I believe got 2nd at CB) packing with Grodd lol. Theo also annihilated Sonic in one set at CEO.
Last but not least, Whiteboi taking it all using a character many pros were preemptively calling garbage.

JAXXX

Yeah, I don't know about that. After combo breaker and Sonic won all I could think about was how boring future tournaments were going to be, SonicFox's college fund etc. That and annoying ass Aquaman and Black Adam matches only for top 8. And then CEO happened... I actually look forward to the Injustice pools. I mean Coach Steve sent TekkenMaster (who I believe got 2nd at CB) packing with Grodd lol. Theo also annihilated Sonic in one set at CEO.
Last but not least, Whiteboi taking it all using a character many pros were preemptively calling garbage.

Sonic hasnt been as visible since...i am positive he has a counter to Catwoman, Aquaman and Blackadam.
That Joker counterpick to Batman was hype.
Of course this is Evo and there are blowups EVERY YEAR, there are unknown players who come out of nowhere and make a name for themselves...That's why i LOVE EVO.

Lucumo

Looking forward to Melee and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R, I guess.
For Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code and Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost I can see better stuff in Japan.

Top Bottom