• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

JAXXX

I post this earlier in another thread but it's Evo related so...

DEZm9j1UwAAB2nQ.jpg

DEZlOR1VYAAGwz1.jpg

Tripon

Considering that Behr Safi got banned at CanadaCup for saying Thicker Than Thursday...EVO(MrWizard CAPCOM)may have wanted to avoid Zhi's OTT humor.
I love Zhi BTW
That was a joke.

And zhi usually doesn't work Evo as a commentary job. He's always doing side stuff with Markman, etc.

Lucumo

You're complaining about the MBCC bracket when GO1, Rakuchan and Red Melon are in it? o_o

At least watch losers, winners, and grand finals if you're going to be that snooty. :p
Hm, maybe I could open a second stream for that, maybe.

btw: In your schedule it's Gundam Versus but in the OP it's Gundam Extreme Vs. So which is it?

Neoxon

I won't have to skip Melee Top 8 for the Splatoon 2 Splatfest demo after all (Splatfest ends an hour before Melee Top 8), but I'll probably have to miss Top 8 for both GGXrd & Injustice 2.

pablito

In for everything. Wish Melee and GG swapped with Sm4sh and BB but it is what it is.

This is America's shot for SF. If we can't get the W this year then welp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kumubou

Does that mean PPT Swap Pools are from 12-2 PM Friday?
That's perfect for me actually.

No official word on times yet from Smash.GG, it doesn't show up in my manage / upcoming matches section yet.
Puyo Puyo Tetris Swap is scheduled in two blocks: Noon to 3PM and 3PM to 6PM (with finals happening from 6PM onward). Pool times weren't assigned in smash.gg earlier, but that should be fixed now. If you have a conflict, poke Kiyobi and see if getting reassigned is possible.

I'm actually really concerned about this tournament, since Puyo Puyo Tetris can run much longer than a typical fighting game, especially if the players involved are not very good.

Hm, maybe I could open a second stream for that, maybe.

btw: In your schedule it's Gundam Versus but in the OP it's Gundam Extreme Vs. So which is it?
:3

It's Gundam Versus this year (so the OP here is wrong), EXVS was from the original announcement before the JP Gundam Versus release date was announced.

Puyo Puyo Tetris Swap is scheduled in two blocks: Noon to 3PM and 3PM to 6PM (with finals happening from 6PM onward). Pool times weren't assigned in smash.gg earlier, but that should be fixed now. If you have a conflict, poke Kiyobi and see if getting reassigned is possible.

I'm actually really concerned about this tournament, since Puyo Puyo Tetris can run much longer than a typical fighting game, especially if the players involved are not very good.

I have PM at 6, Melee at 8, and Tekken Judging at 2 PM so having a 3 PM time for PPT should be fine I feel.

*EDIT* Oh Smash.GG says it's on Saturday I'm fine then lol.

*EDIT EDIT* Okay it says that but the stream schedule has PPT on Friday I'm confused now.

I can't T-Spin but I'll keep those 5-6 Puyo chains ready to go for y'all to speed up the bracket :3

(PPT Runs about as fast as Smash when it's slower players, so yeah I can see that being a worry)

I need punk and smug in the top 8 on ESPN 2 America needs it.

D U F F

U

F

F

C I T Y

I

T

Y

trixx

Street fighter is so rough that at least 10 of those notable players are in contention of winning. With punk being the highest in likelihood.

Cheering for fuudo and snake eyez.

For melee its like 3 people, lol.

crash-14

72mJGEC.gif

Here we go... I'm actually doing my fantasy teams at smash.gg for some games.

So far

Tekken Saint, JDCR, Nobi, Nin, Knee, JustFrameJames, BMNS-13, TAKE, Geesemaster, jimmytran (Mr.Naps), Floe, Kelvin Jeon
SFV: Punk, Xian, Haitani, Snake Eyez, Sako, Infiltration, Takeuchi, Nemo, Eita, Infexious, iDom, xyzzy

I'll do Guilty Gear, Marvel and KOF later

Also might put some funbets on some guys making top 8 at SFV after I check the bracket. At bet365 Bonchan it's 3.75 Itabashi 5.50, Smug 7.50, Gachikun 8.5 and Veloren 13

Exr

Armada
Mango
Hungrybox

TOP 3

Maybe not Mango if he drinks too much.

So I'm off work in an hour.

I can not fucking wait. I am so excited to go home and practice Tekken before packing for the drive tomorrow.
First time going? Youll have a blast

Exr

Yep! Been a stream monster forever.

Entering brackets, being a judge, hitting up vegas shows, going to the parties.

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT YO AAAAAAAA
Thats rad man. I havent been in a few years but dont be afraid to be social to random people, everyone is friendly at EVO. Dont buy muscle relaxers off guys on the strip either.

Forward

Considering that Behr Safi got banned at CanadaCup for saying Thicker Than Thursday...EVO(MrWizard CAPCOM)may have wanted to avoid Zhi's OTT humor.
I love Zhi BTW

Thicker Than Thursday? ...I feel so out of the loop. That means something bad?

Thats rad man. I havent been in a few years but dont be afraid to be social to random people, everyone is friendly at EVO. Dont buy muscle relaxers off guys on the strip either.

Yeah I love tourneys for that aspect. Not much of a party person but cmon, cute Cosplayers and Gootecks hosting I'm down.

It's always fun playing friendlies, flirting with cuties and getting hype for the matches.

Don't buy anything from people on the strip

Not even from the nice ladies who are looking for their daddy? I thought they could be trusted...

Thicker Than Thursday? ...I feel so out of the loop. That means something bad?

/r/Kappa used to post NSFW pics on Thick Thursdays lol.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Probably going to spend most of my time watching Tekken, but I know I'll be pulling that multi stream tech.

I have PM at 6, Melee at 8, and Tekken Judging at 2 PM so having a 3 PM time for PPT should be fine I feel.

*EDIT* Oh Smash.GG says it's on Saturday I'm fine then lol.

*EDIT EDIT* Okay it says that but the stream schedule has PPT on Friday I'm confused now.

I can't T-Spin but I'll keep those 5-6 Puyo chains ready to go for y'all to speed up the bracket :3

(PPT Runs about as fast as Smash when it's slower players, so yeah I can see that being a worry)

Swap is on Friday, Doubles is on Saturday. You're in pool B for Swap so you play 3PM Friday.

MrCarter

Main game for me will be SFV then perhaps the side tourney's for Dragon Ball Fighterz. Also looking forward to what Arika bring with their upgraded SFEX3 game.

Top Bottom