• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution of the Batman logo, 1940 to present

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmr87

Saw on Twitter, enjoy.

tf6.jpg

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
1966 TV Show, 2003 Dead End and 2008 Dark Knight are my favorites. The original is also pretty boss. The rest range from ok to total shit, Batman and Robin I'm looking at you.

I can't decide which is my favorite. Why is there none from the animated cartoon (90s) though?

This is the one I grew up on

btas-logo-2.jpg

Chuckie

This made me realize that the Batman 89 Film logo is not actually the same as the logo he was wearing on his chest :/

Batman-Logo.jpg

I can't decide which is my favorite. Why is there none from the animated cartoon (90s) though?

This is the one I grew up on

btas-logo-2.jpg

Yeah, that's the one usually found on t-shirts as well as movie posters from around the time the 1989 movie came out. Strange that they omitted the most famous one.

Moff

I had some toys and games from the 89 movie, so thats my favourite by far, its not the one in the Op though

Dommo

The Dark Knight one was originally used in Batman Begins. In fact, that logo was used far more than whatever the hell they've got for BB there.

Edit: Oh, I guess that's what was on his chest in-film? It's inconsistent because it's not clear whether these are the marketing logos or his chest plate. Obviously the AA, AC, Batman and Robin, and TDKR ones aren't his chest plate in the product itself but then they go with the chest plate for B'89 and BB and skimp on the more iconic logos from the marketing?

Eidan

This made me realize that the Batman 89 Film logo is not actually the same as the logo he was wearing on his chest :/

http://www.comicsbulletin.com/main/sites/default/files/column-covers/Batman-Logo.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah. Same deal with Batman Begins.

Symphonia

Banned
Reminds me of this.
You know, when I first saw the redesigned emblem for MoS, I hated it. But the more I see it, the more I like it. As opposed to making everything slimmer, flatter and more Metro, it does away with all that and still looks good. Kudos to whoever designed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom