• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution Studios is hiring - #Resumeclub

As per Rushy via Twitter

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/545835289248550912

#EvolutionStudios are hiring! We're after 4 talented coders, check out the details if you've got what it takes

(Hilariously he links to a Dualshockers article about the job positions)

Positions:

https://www.playstationjobs.co.uk/j.../Locations/4/Departments/0/jobtype/0/keyword/

The jobs are 3 programming positions and a build engineer. They specify that the employees "will have a mandate to push the creative and technical boundaries of Sony platforms, supported by direct access to the teams who developed the PlayStation4 hardware and software."

Thought this might be of interest since it seems like a good sign for the studio, I know there's been concern among people about what might happen to them after Driveclub's rough launch.

thuway

It would be a dream to see some of the old talent at Studio Liverpool and Playground games get together at Evolution.

I'm really hoping Evolution develops a spiritual successor to Blur using the Drive Club Engine.

Rembrandt

Banned
won't lie, I thought they would end up getting closed. glad that's not the case, though. hopefully it's motorstorm. a sequel to apocalypse would be cool.

Wynnebeck

Banned
"So we had to take these 4 guys out back and shoot 'em for mucking up the Driveclub launch. The good news? We're hiring!"

tuna_love

Banned
It would be a dream to see some of the old talent at Studio Liverpool and Playground games get together at Evolution.

I'm really hoping Evolution develops a spiritual successor to Blur using the Drive Club Engine.
Who left from playground?

Sintoid

A proper Motorstorm Artic Edge would be very appreciate, I hope it won't turn out in a open world version of Driveclub

Putty

But, people said they'd be shut down? No? GREAT news...I'm calling it now. Motorstorm! ....or DC2....or something else! You heard it here first.

LycanXIII

Day One.
After reviews are published and the network is proven to work.

Putty

Good. They shouldn't shut down just for one sales failure.

They deserve another chance based on the success of MotorStorm.

A sales failure, after 2 month? No, just no. Once the PS+ edition arrives, which I think will be a touch bigger than mentioned, the uptake to the full version will be.....handsome.

Hhmmmm, certainly didn't think DC was a sales failure :(

It's above 500k right?

I don't think we have official numbers but all signs have pointed to DC selling quite well, especially for being a new IP and a track based racer.

I am sure it sold more than Motorstorm Apocalypse (which isn't saying much and wasn't their fault)

DBT85

But, people said they'd be shut down? No? GREAT news...I'm calling it now. Motorstorm! ....or DC2....or something else! You heard it here first.

I do wonder how much pull another Motorstorm will have. Apocalypse was overlooked by most due to the earthquake. I'm just worried that EVO and Motorstorm will end up being a Liverpool and Wipeout. Games loved by those fans but not bough in large enough numbers to justify the costs.

Driveclub might just be salvageable longer term if the PS+ version does well.

drotahorror

MotorStorm is my favorite arcade racing series ever, but wasn't Apocalypse a failure? It had a bad release date and got delayed in NA and Japan due to the earthquake/tsunami.

Yeah, I imported it from EU.

Motorstorm sold like shit didn't it? Especially the last one.

MotorStorm is my favorite arcade racing series ever, but wasn't Apocalypse a failure? It had a bad release date and got delayed in NA and Japan due to the earthquake/tsunami.

Yeah, I imported it from EU.

The original MotorStorm actually sold decently in the USA...and in the EU, racing games tend to sell better.

Pacific Rift sold worse, but it didn't outright fail.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
>< Must...have...new motorstorm...in...Driveclub.....engine!
Maybe it'll actually look like the CG Motorstorm trailer from the old days eh?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.

Do we have any sales figures for Driveclub and the Motorstorm-series?

I do wonder how much pull another Motorstorm will have. Apocalypse was overlooked by most due to the earthquake. I'm just worried that EVO and Motorstorm will end up being a Liverpool and Wipeout. Games loved by those fans but not bough in large enough numbers to justify the costs.

Driveclub might just be salvageable longer term if the PS+ version does well.

It also released just before the PSN Hack (and during the PSN Hack in the US), so it may have also had an impact, sadly.

Putty

I think a new MS would be incredible, I would also expect it to be the best selling of the series by quite a distance. If Sony marketed it in the right way, then yes, I think it would be lauded.

Edit: I mean a MS in the traditional sense, not like Apocalypse.

I assume the budget for Driveclub was higher than the MotorStorm games (especially the early ones), so Sony has proportionally higher sales expectations for it.

Underperformance for Driveclub is worse than the equivalent sales for MotorStorm PS3 games.

Kathian

Banned
I assume the budget for Driveclub was higher than the MotorStorm games (especially the early ones), so Sony has proportionally higher sales expectations for it.

Underperformance for Driveclub is worse than the equivalent sales for MotorStorm PS3 games.

First party titles are not quite the same as third party titles. All successful console producers knowingly bankroll what for third parties is a bomb but for them gives them an edge.

First party titles are not quite the same as third party titles. All successful console producers knowingly bankroll what for third parties is a bomb but for them gives them an edge.

Oh I know...but Sony still has higher expectations for it.

We have to know specifics about how the budget varies compared to typical MotorStorm games. I think the budget may be a good deal more, but I don't have many facts to back that up.

Also, console-exclusive games generally tend to sell lower just because they're exclusive to one platform than if they were released in multiple platform ecosystems.

There's another reason that Sony may be more satisfied with a lower threshold.

Tratorn

Really a good sign, I was also worried about the studio. Hopefully they'll get another chance on PS4 and show they've learned from their mistakes.

Gooood. Nice.

I can imagine a Motorstorm really living up to its potential on the PS4.
Gotta keep it pure though. Great tracks, great cars, great jumps, great mudd, great foliage, great weather, great turbo, great handling, great destructibility, great graphics, great online (8players), steady framerate, DONE. Maybe a destruction derby kinda mode for fun.

djjinx2

Assumption is the brother of all f ups (sorry film qoute)

Driveclub has sold well for a new IP racing game if we even really low ball the leaderboard numbers, the engine is now built which will vastly reduce future game budgets.

1st party and alot of Digital sales is good right?

Rajang

So DriveClub didnt sell so hot?

I will do my part next year and buy this game when I pick up my PS4. They have made it such an attractive game after all those updates, the game looks fucking insane with the dynamic weather patch. It´s by far the best looking game out on consoles right now.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

Oh I imagine "DriveClub" as an IP is pretty dead.

Be very interesting to see what their next project is though, the studio has some real talent

Top Bottom