• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive content for PS3/PS4 version of MGSV Ground Zeroes?

iRQAwmywxRwf6.gif

o7knIX9.gif

Nice find indeed, struggled to make it out.
Wonder if X1 gets something exclusive too (Hope not!) as they were at the MS conference, though I hope that doesnt particularly mean they have a contract with MS or whatever.
Rising was at two straight MS E3 conferences but the 360 version has no exclusive content.

If you consider a giant moneyhat from Sony a kiss.

I'd say more along the lines of kojima realizing where his main audience has been since 1998.
He might want to shake up mgs's image (by changing up several gameplay mechanics to take into account the western audiences and also showing up at microsoft's conference to announce it, and rising) but he'll always be tied to playstation. I mean, it's been 15 years.

So are people going to flip the fuck out of this money-hatting for exclusive content?

Cause that seems to be the pattern around here recently...

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
Question is... are we talking in-game content or something like, I don't know, PlayStation Mobile features?

Bleh, I hope Sony didn't actually spend a lot of money on this.

Personally, I think it's a shitty approach to make certain content exclusive to one platform if the game releases simultaneously on these platforms.
It's right in line with making a game time-exclusive. It's not paying to give your customers more content, it's paying to prevent other fans from getting that content.

Maybe if it's some funded DLC later on. But I think it's more likely this will be stuff that would exists anyway and it's just not made available for the XB1 version.

And honestly, I don't feel like getting 2 more missions or whatever in an open world game (same with the AC and WD exclusive content) is attractive anyway.

Elios83

Good news for Playstation I guess, but I just hope that they can show something more interesting than the lame TGS demo.

BadWolf

Does Sony even have money for money hats?

Good news for Playstation I guess, but I just hope that they can show something more interesting than the lame TGS demo.

KojiPro is pretty good at not showing too much of the final game prior to release.

Like hiding Raiden/Shell for MGS2 and for MGS4 we only saw that one first location in the middle east.

Hex

Banned
I'm sure Microsoft doesn't care...
I assume it was enough of a victory for them just to secure a Metal Gear Solid title on their console.

I really hope you genuinely do not believe that.
They worked very hard at E3 to make people believe that this was their game even for a short time, even going as far as to "accidentally" say it was exclusive if I am not mistaken.
This was a big deal for them to have Kojima and there was alot of friction between Kojima and Sony and Microsoft were trying very hard to get in there and court him.

Hex

Banned
Does Sony even have money for money hates?

Money hats are one thing, but sometimes there are other things.
Cerny has done alot of bridge building and Sony has done alot of other things that have brought people into working with Sony other than just money, though I am not saying money is not involved because I do not know.

I'm sure Microsoft doesn't care...
I assume it was enough of a victory for them just to secure a Metal Gear Solid title on their console.

They cared enough to falsely announce the game as Xbone exclusive at E3 though :p

Plus it's hardly a victory when there's already been two major MGS releases on 360 the past couple of years.

Elios83

Does Sony even have money for money hats?

KojiPro is pretty good at not showing too much of the final game prior to release.

Like hiding Raiden/Tanker for MGS2 and for MGS4 we only saw that one first location in the middle east.

Yup but in the past (up to MGS4) he was always able to impress the whole industry.
Something which clearly he has failed to do with MGSV so far.

Looks like Sony and KojiPro made up. Not an unpredictable turn of events given how well PS4 has been received by the hardcore (KojiPro's target market).

BadWolf

Money hats are one thing, but sometimes there are other things.
Cerny has done alot of bridge building and Sony has done alot of other things that have brought people into working with Sony other than just money, though I am not saying money is not involved because I do not know.

Good point.

Yup but in the past (up to MGS4) he was always able to impress the whole industry.

Imo the industry is plenty impressed with MGSV, or Phantom Pain rather (which is the main game).

The issue with GZ is that we don't know enough about it and people are assuming its small and just an overpriced demo for PP.

I agree, I'm looking forward to MGSV, but it's not on the hype level I had with previous MGS games, not even close. I don't know what it is, it just doesn't have it. Could be that I feel he's changing too much? I'm glad more people will get to play this, but in my opinion, this is a game that would have benefited from staying Playstation only. Exclusives get a lot more attention and it'll sell significantly more on PS anyways. Maybe that's another factor in the lessened hype?

Good point.

Imo the industry is plenty impressed with MGSV, or Phantom Pain rather (which is the main game).

The issue with GZ is that we don't know enough about it and people are assuming its small and just an overpriced demo for PP.

Exactly. The official fact sheet stated that there would be multiple side missions (at least), so the fact that people are spreading misinformation is on them. It's just unfortunate that so much info that isn't accurate is getting passed around about the game. Hopefully, he and/or his team try and clear things up a bit over the course of the next couple of months.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I agree, I'm looking forward to MGSV, but it's not on the hype level I had with previous MGS games, not even close. I don't know what it is, it just doesn't have it. Could be that I feel he's changing too much? I'm glad more people will get to play this, but in my opinion, this is a game that would have benefited from staying Playstation only. Exclusives get a lot more attention and it'll sell significantly more on PS anyways. Maybe that's another factor in the lessened hype?
I doubt the lack of exclusivity lessens the hype.

It's probably because this story isn't explaining anything. MGS4 was answering all the questions from 2, it was the only MGS game that was truly a sequel.

Whereas The Phantom Pain will probably be able to stand on its own without context from 3 or PW.

Nice find.

Though I'm not a fan of exclusive content really.
I wasn't, but now it's for a game and console I like I am lol.

Like hiding Raiden/Shell for MGS2 and for MGS4 we only saw that one first location in the middle east.

The MGS4 Cinematic Trailer spoiled the shit out of the game.

All the PW gameplay trailers also showed a lot.

Rising trailers literally showed everything except the final boss.

So not really :lol
5X5guft.gif

Mr. RHC

The MGS4 Cinematic Trailer spoiled the shit out of the game.

All the PW gameplay trailers also showed a lot.

Rising trailers literally showed everything except the final boss.

So not really :lol
5X5guft.gif

Indeed. MGS4 trailers showed like 70% of all major locations and key plot moments even.

PW was not so heavy handed, because there's a lot of briefing files to listen to and a lot of the story happens there.

Rising showed a lot as well, but same as in PW, quite a lot of codec dialogues with very revelant information.

RK9039

PS3/4 version will have DS3/DS4 controller in game when operating Metal Gear MK.I.

And also Ocelot mustache DLC exclusive for PS3/4.

It's obvious guys.

Sotha_Sil

It's probably just a weapon, player skin, or maybe even a couple extra side missions.

Anyway, you can bet Sony paid money for it, like they do with all "exclusive content" in games, they probably just didn't pay a lot of money.

satam55

Banned
GOOD! I've said it before, Sony should seek out exclusive DLC/Content & Marketing for MGSV, FFXV, KH3, Tomb Raider 2, GTA, & every game that is part of a 3rd-party multiplatform franchise that made it's name on the PS1 & PS2.

Top Bottom