• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive content for PS3/PS4 version of MGSV Ground Zeroes?

Banned
Playstation exclusive content is the option to switch to Hayter voice for snake :p

Naw I think hayter will actually make an appearance in some shape or form.

This is just the beginning. Make sure to keep an eye out for new info coming out of the event this week, Kojima will be doing a ton of interviews and a couple of big announcements.

Savitar

Give it a year or two after release and your bound to see a collected version on both systems that unless has something very specific connected to one console than both will be same.

Does this kind of thing ever make a dent?, i mean exclusive content for a certain console?, i know it hasn't ever mattered to me... but maybe it does to some... otherwise they wouldn't be securing said content.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This is just the beginning. Make sure to keep an eye out for new info coming out of the event this week, Kojima will be doing a ton of interviews and a couple of big announcements.

Please tell me there will be a new trailer.

8 Ball says 'chances are excellent'.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!11!1!11one!!!1

tumblr_lsemkc0nwt1qetsgcp1.gif

Thanks a lot ToraShiro. I can't freaking wait!

satam55

Banned
It's probably just a weapon, player skin, or maybe even a couple extra side missions.

Anyway, you can bet Sony paid money for it, like they do with all "exclusive content" in games, they probably just didn't pay a lot of money.

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif
, that's what all the Xbox Loyalists were saying after it was announced at the PS4 February event that Destiny would have exclusive content for PS4.

Elios83

I agree, I'm looking forward to MGSV, but it's not on the hype level I had with previous MGS games, not even close. I don't know what it is, it just doesn't have it. Could be that I feel he's changing too much? I'm glad more people will get to play this, but in my opinion, this is a game that would have benefited from staying Playstation only. Exclusives get a lot more attention and it'll sell significantly more on PS anyways. Maybe that's another factor in the lessened hype?

It's not the lack of exclusivity.
It's a combination of things.
First of all the technical aspect. Kojima used to be at the forefront of graphics, MGS2 trailer was so good that it shaked the whole industry. Zoe 2 was something unreal for the PS2. MGS4 was mindblowing when they unveiled the first gameplay (although unfortunately it was slightly downgraded in the final game).
Now with MGSV they're coming out with a game conceived for PS3/360 with a release scheduled for the end of 2014 at the earliest (Phantom Pain) just when other developers are releasing the first optimized games conceived for next gen hardware.
Also they created misleading hype around the Fox engine making people think that they were taking so long because they were getting ready to make a fully scalable next gen engine....and that wasn't exactly the case.
Then we can talk about the game, the TGS demo was just boring, the mechanics they were showing are so common place these day that you can find them in a first person shooter game....should we be excited just because he has made an open world?

Of course I'm still giving them credit and I hope they are hiding something important, but so far they have totally failed to impress for reasons that have nothing to do with being exclusive or not.

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif
, that's what all the Xbox Loyalists were saying after it was announced at the PS4 February event that Destiny would have exclusive content for PS4.

Do we even know what the hell the exclusive content for Destiny is yet?

Personally, I think it makes WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more sense to pay for exclusive content in multiplayer games, which bring the social pressure of playing with your friends and having all the same content, than it does for a single-player game. Campaigns can wait for as long as you need, multiplayer audiences don't. They get bored, move on, or complete the content before you join in.

Amir0x

Banned
It DEFINITELY says that, yeah. This exclusive content stuff is lame though, just give all the platforms the same content devs :p

Eusis

Guys, they said PlayStation Platform, not Playstation 3 or 4.

We've got one last PlayStation 1 game to look forward to!

klee123

Hmmm. I thought MS would be the one to grab that extra content seeing how TPP premiered at MS's E3 conference.

They probably spent a lot on securing Titanfall as a lifetime exclusive, as well as all the timed exclusive dlc for COD, BF and etc.

I wonder who will moneyhat Bethesda for Fallout 4's dlc.

Does this kind of thing ever make a dent?, i mean exclusive content for a certain console?, i know it hasn't ever mattered to me... but maybe it does to some... otherwise they wouldn't be securing said content.

I believe the message is 'hey, you got both consoles? Then this is the console you want to get it on right here'. And, it doesn't piss off the people who only got one choice too much.

Top Bottom