• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive Gameplay From Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Hirata Estates.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

https://www.gameinformer.com/video-...from-sekiro-shadows-die-twices-hirata-estates

During our trip to the studio, we played the game for several areas and explored a new area called Hirata Estates. The area is technically a flashback, taking place three years before the events of the main game and helps to explain Sekiro's relationship with a character known as the "young lord". Watch the video above to see new gameplay from Hirata Estates as Game Informer's Dan Tack and Suriel Vazquez explain what stood out to them.

cormack12

Gold Member
I like the ease of traversal really makes a difference in general interest knowing I won't feel like I'm being restrained. I must say though, I'm not particularly hyped for it. Bloodborne when it dropped had such an aesthetic that mannnnnn, you just wanted it. I think I'll watch a few Gaffers stream it on release first.

Stuart360

It looks so much like Nioh, it looks great.

EDIT. I hope the final game has a UI, this is the kind of game where you really need to know what stamina and health you have.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hyped!!!
84Kv.gif

Art direction really gives me Ninja Scroll and Dororo vibe.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Looks great, looks like a combo of Nioh+Tenchu…….

Well, this gen we had no Ninja Gaiden, but at least we got Nioh, GOW, Sekiro, Nier and later on Tsushima.......I guess when all is said and done we should have a fair share of action slashers, especially if Lost Soul Aside makes it out and it's quality too...

That burning building though, reminds me of NG.... All we need now is a new Onimusha and the first four Onimusha games remastered and I'd be a very happy camper...….Heavenly Sword 2..... pleassssssseeee, well maybe I'm asking too much....:messenger_beaming:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The pc and xbox gamers who missed bloodborne are in for a hell of a time.

Dis gon b good.

Danjin44

Again, Sekiro in NOT a Souls game. If you expecting Souls game then you have no one but yourself to blame if you get disappointed.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Again, Sekiro in NOT a Souls game. If you expecting Souls game then you have no one but yourself to blame if you get disappointed.
It looks similar to Souls games to me from what i have watched. Even the GI guys in that bottom vid sayds the core gameplay and structure is very Souls like.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks a lot like Nioh but without the dumb leveling up/loot aspect gimping the skill factor hopefully and a good old Souls-like seamless world instead of stages, I'm so in when it comes to PC. I'm also glad to see the areas really take advantage of your grappling hook and overall mobility, I was kinda worried it would just be a barely used gimmick or more like Tomb Raider's rope arrows used in certain places only.

Last edited:

Danjin44

It looks similar to Souls games to me from what i have watched. Even the GI guys in that bottom vid sayds the core gameplay and structure is very Souls like.
I would compare to Catherine and Persona. Catherine shares some elements from Persona series, but it not a Persona game.

Alexios

I would compare to Catherine and Persona. Catherine shares some elements from Persona series, but it not a Persona game.
Catherine is a puzzle game, Persona a dungeon jrpg though, they're completely different genres even if some of the surrounding fluff like the story/plot/social link aspects or even the art style share some traits. If you need an analogy like this then it's more like Persona vs main SMT, they share many more genre similarities and you can easily like both but their battle system, story telling and everything else differ a lot.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Catherine is a puzzle game, Persona a dungeon jrpg though, they're completely different genres even if some of the surrounding fluff like the story/plot/social link aspects or even the art style share some traits. If you need an analogy like this then it's more like Persona vs main SMT, they share many more genre similarities but ultimately their battle systems, story telling and everything else differ a lot too.
Persona is still part of SMT series as spine off. I don’t think Sekiro is part of Souls series same way Bloodborne was.

RedVIper

Banned

Bloodborne isn't a souls game either. It's a spiritual sequel, despite it's changes the fundamental framework of the game seems to be the exact same.

Stuart360 Stuart360 Obviously the game will have an UI, here is another game play video with it if you want to check it out.

Last edited:

Alexios

True, but it's pretty much its own series at this point, back then they needed the SMT name to sell, now it's not even on the Persona 5 box anywhere so it's closer to a real comparison than yours to me.

Danjin44

Bloodborne isn't a souls game either. It's a spiritual sequel, despite it's changes the fundamental framework of the game seems to be the exact same.
That’s what I mean, it basically like Dark Souls is spiritual sequel to Demon Souls. I believe Sekiro is not gonna be that, it might share some elements from souls and Bloodborne but this mostly going to be whole new IP.
True, but it's pretty much its own series at this point, back then they needed the SMT name to sell, now it's not even on the Persona 5 box anywhere so it's closer to a real comparison than yours to me.
True that Persona is became its own game but it’s has demons from SMT and Persona 5 brought back fighting demons and demon negotiator, so I would say it still part of SMT series, same was NieR is part of Drakengard series.

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned
That’s what I mean, it basically like Dark Souls is spiritual sequel to Demon Souls. I believe Sekiro is not gonna be that, it might share some elements from souls and Bloodborne but this mostly going to be whole new IP.

I guess this depends on what you consider makes souls games souls games, some people consider King's fields part of the series, other don't.

Sekiro does look streamlined in many ways, for better or worse, and obviously there's diferences, but I personally wouldn't consider it outside of the series.

BB is also a new IP though.

Danjin44

I guess this depends on what you consider makes souls games souls games, some people consider King's fields part of the series, other don't.

Sekiro does look streamlined in many ways, for better or worse, and obviously there's diferences, but I personally wouldn't consider it outside of the series.

BB is also a new IP though.
I'm saying all of these because I know once people play this they going complain about how this game "is not the Souls game the asked for". People need going in to game expecting new type of game instead of Souls game, thats all I'm saying.

KINDERFELD

Banned
I really wish I was interested in this game but its looking more and more like another Souls clone in terms of combat.
Its something that just makes me long for Dark Souls 4 or Bloodborne 2 and since its not that, I'm just not interested.

Ellis

It's Bloodborne mixed with Tenchu, and that is one hell of a fucking combination.

DS3 was such disappointment after having played Bloodborne. Sekiro looks like the perfect evolvement of the series, just like Bloodborne was to Souls.

To me, any From game running on this engine is the same series as they all still feel heavily related to one another.

RedVIper

Banned
I'm saying all of these because I know once people play this they going complain about how this game "is not the Souls game the asked for". People need going in to game expecting new type of game instead of Souls game, thats all I'm saying.

Well that happens every time, as yatzhee put it: "Let's bitch about everything thats diferent and complain that's too similar to previous games"

Fbh

I've stopped buying games at launch but Miyazaki has yet to fail me and the more I see of this game the more I think I'll make an exception for this one and jump in day 1

LOL, I'm already seeing some people complaining about stuff being different or "missing" because they expected it to be Dark Souls with a japanese skin

Doctorhales92

Neo Member
Cant wait to play this. But i'm also excited to see what other works fromsoftware have yet to announce. I remember miyazaki stating that he's working on a number of projects one whom included a conventional/usual style of game, probably referring to a soulsborne like game. Could be referring to sekiro but i think they have a soulsborne game in development.

dirthead

Banned
I just hope the PC version isn't locked at 60fps. If it is, I can't buy it on principle. It's 2019. I'm done with fixed framerate/fixed resolution/fixed aspect ratio games. They only get made because people shrug and pay for crap.

Don't let me down From. Make a real PC game.

The Skull

I just hope the PC version isn't locked at 60fps. If it is, I can't buy it on principle. It's 2019. I'm done with fixed framerate/fixed resolution/fixed aspect ratio games. They only get made because people shrug and pay for crap.

Going by from's previous entries, it will most likely be locked at 60fps.

TitusTroy

is it just me or is this game not getting the hype and attention it should be getting?...2 months away and it seems like it's going under the radar...if it were Dark Souls 4 or Bloodborne 2 people would be way more excited

dirthead

Banned
is it just me or is this game not getting the hype and attention it should be getting?...2 months away and it seems like it's going under the radar...if it were Dark Souls 4 or Bloodborne 2 people would be way more excited

Honestly I think the art and presentation are hurting it. It simply doesn't look as stunning as Bloodborne. It's kind of weird for a newer game to basically not look as impressive as an older game, but, sad to say, this really doesn't.

I have the feeling that this game is going to end up being a kind of hidden gem. It's probably going to play really awesome but something about the muted art style almost feels B level and low budget compared to Bloodborne.

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
Really? I personally loving the art direction in Sekiro. I actually like it more than Bloodborne, Sekiro gives me strong Dororo vibe.
07f44438e39bf05e43e1352da04254461535980750_full.jpg

I like it, but I don't think its art design is as impressive as Bloodborne's (but then again, I'm not sure that much is).

Danjin44

I like it, but I don't think its art design is as impressive as Bloodborne's (but then again, I'm not sure that much is).
That’s subjective, I personally like Sekiro’s art direction more than Bloodborne. It all comes down to personal taste.

RedVIper

Banned

You're going to be disappointed. Unless they updated their engine the game will be locked at 60fps, you might be able to unlock it with mods but it usually causes problems in their games.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads

https://www.gameinformer.com/video-...from-sekiro-shadows-die-twices-hirata-estates

During our trip to the studio, we played the game for several areas and explored a new area called Hirata Estates. The area is technically a flashback, taking place three years before the events of the main game and helps to explain Sekiro's relationship with a character known as the "young lord". Watch the video above to see new gameplay from Hirata Estates as Game Informer's Dan Tack and Suriel Vazquez explain what stood out to them.

Wasnt this the game Microsoft showed at E3 last year? I'm almost sure...

Either way it looks good!

Top Bottom