• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive GTA 5 Content Revealed For PS4, Xbox One and PC

I was going to upgrade from the PS4 version to the PC version in January. The rockstar guy said you can only transfer your character once, so I'm guessing that once that character has been transferred from 360 to PS4 that it would then be impossible to transfer that character to PC.

I know it's pretty weird to get the game on 3 different platforms, but I really love this damn game.

I'm going to tweet Rockstar now and see if I can get some clarification.

EDIT: They linked me to this...

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202892778

I'm guessing that you can transfer the character once to ANY current gen platform.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Content producers can be as picky and choosy as they want about what customers they want, obviously.

Just as customers can be as picky and choosy as they want about what content they purchase.

Yeah, but thats not really the issue here is it. You have been very upset with R* and been pretty vocal about it.

If it was simply a matter of ""oh, its ok, i'll wait for the GOTY edition" then this whole conversation wouldnt have happened, which would have been an acknowledgement that that Rockstar did nothing wrong, and that they dont in fact owe you anything. What people reacted to in your posts is the fact that you did in fact proclaim that they have wronged everybody who couldnt somehow get their hands on GTA, and that they owe people more than simply the product that they sold, as they advertised it.

BibiMaghoo

I was going to upgrade from the PS4 version to the PC version in January. The rockstar guy said you can only transfer your character once, so I'm guessing that once that character has been transferred from 360 to PS4 that it would then be impossible to transfer that character to PC.

I know it's pretty weird to get the game on 3 different platforms, but I really love this damn game.

No, that makes sense. I can see now why that may be an issue for you.

So I assume the Duke will just respawn in a certain spot. I don't trust garages even though I'm told that bug was already patched in the original game.
Probably added to your list of Special Cars in the Garage.

They fixed parking spots a few weeks after the game released though so there's no problem with saving your personal cars that way anymore.

This is excites me for two reasons:

-Haven't played it on PS3 yet.
-The next GTA sequel on the PS4/X1 will be truly stunning thanks to the experience R* is gaining from this enhanced port. No GTA4 styled headaches where they clearly hit technical ceilings trying to squeeze power out of their first try with the consoles.

Yes, because once it has transferred, it doesn't update that transferred character again. The PS3 character will be at the point of transfer until you play it again on PS3. The PS4 character will be at the point of transfer, until you play it again on PS4.

The only issue with that I can see is that your online character is not cross platform, as in it doesn't update on each when you play on each after transfer.

Did you have in mind that after you did the transfer, you would often switch between console versions?

You're missing the point. The other person said they want to transfer from PS3 to PS4, then to PC. Transferring to PS4 will use their only allowance, meaning they can only transfer to it or PC, not both.

that Rockstar did nothing wrong, and that they dont in fact owe you anything.

Companies releasing an extremely late port and then removing features from it because people waited for that port is obviously fine in your book (or is it only when you are not on the receiving end of that treatement that that is a-okay?) but it is not fine with me, and I am "entitled" both to say so, and to not reward that company with day one sales.

Companies releasing an extremely late port and then removing features from it because people waited for that port is obviously fine in your book (or is it only when you are not on the receiving end of that treatement that that is a-okay?) but it is not fine with me, and I am "entitled" both to say so, and to not reward that company with day one sales.

They are adding features for people that did not wait, are you being intentionally obtuse? Nothing has been 'removed.' You are receiving a better looking, better playing, and more content filled game than the previous incarnation.

Extremely late?
Removing features?

I think you have a misunderstanding of what a "bonus" is.

bud23

actual_1414503936.jpg

Draw distance is insane now.

All this bonus content for returning players makes me want to see just how much more they have planned for the remaster...

I mean, it's not a lot of content. Maybe equal to 1-2 DLC updates that we get basically every month for free. And a lot of it is re-skins. But it's still a pretty decent update. It'd be be better than some of the monthly updates, though probably not better than the best like the High Life or Hipster updates.

But still, if they plan a decent amount of new content just as a bonus for returning players, there must be quite a lot of new content for all players. They describe the new cars as a 'fleet' of them, so maybe 10-20? Maybe 20+ new missions and modes, too. Curious to see.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member

"Late" again implies that they somehow arent fulfilling some imagined obligation, which again, i dont agree that they have in the first place. I judge the product for what it is and with its value proposition. GTA 5 is by all accounts a huge game with lots of content that is well crafted. I dont presume to automatically be entitled to everything the produce in relation to the main game, and i dont try to justify it by wording it so that it sounds that they have "removed" something from the game (which you have no proof of), and that i somehow have the implicit right to have it. The developers have been clear about what im getting in this game, and to me the value very very good, even if i dont get the pack.

You are of course entitled to do whatever you want, but again, you are purposefully misinterpreting "entitled" to avoid dealing with the issue. We arent talking about your right to buy/not buy a product, as i have mentioned in my previous posts.

Nice assumption there on me being ok with it as long as it doesnt affect me. In fact, i never owned GTA 5 on 360 or PS3, im one of the people who wont be getting that small extra pack of content, and still im being reasonable about it.

Hang on so this is all that new to the next gen versions???...if so colour me disappointed!!
No it's the exclusive new content for returning players, not the total new content for the new version.
Question is will you be able to see cars on the road or does it just draw in the terrain
That quoted pic sort of already answered your question :p You can see some fairly distant cars on that Great Chapparal highway.

Nabbis

Meh, a bunch of useless stuff. Will be buying this anyway on the PC, playing it on a controller with a laggy and jaggie filled environment sucks out alot of the joy in this game. No more God awful download times.

"Late" again implies that they somehow arent fulfilling some imagined obligation

"Late" is an expression of expectation regarding timeframes.
I mean, it is extremely difficult to describe the release dates of a multiplatform game without using the adjective "late" when placing the PC port on that timeline is it not?

S¡mon

Banned
So, how exactly do they check if you previously had GTA V on the PS3 or X360?

Because, well, basically, I was unable to use GTA V's multiplayer as they still had server issues by the time I got my PS4.

It's the sort of thing routinely thrown into late ports as a "thanks for waiting" token nod to their customers on a different platform.

Oh, so like the ~6 or so other updates that have been released over the last year that are included with GTAV when it comes out on PC:

http://gta.wikia.com/Category:GTA_Online_Content_Updates

http://gta.wikia.com/The_High_Life_Update:

3 new cars, 1 new motorcycle, 1 new gun

http://gta.wikia.com/The_San_Andreas_Flight_School_Update

3 new aircraft, 1 new car, 3 new locations

http://gta.wikia.com/I'm_Not_a_Hipster_Update

7 new cars, 2 new weapons

http://gta.wikia.com/The_Business_Update

3 new cars, 1 new airplane, 2 new weapons

http://gta.wikia.com/Beach_Bum_Content_Update

3 new cars, 2 new weapons, 1 new boat + Marina

But, you also want the bonus material that's available for "thanks for already buying the game!" how about the pre-order bonus material? You were unable to pre-order GTAV on 360/PS3, so you should get those pre-order bonuses, right? Oh, and there isn't a Gamestop in your hometown, so they should also give any store-exclusive pre-order bonuses too.

S¡mon;136309468 said:

Because, well, basically, I was unable to use GTA V's multiplayer as they still had server issues by the time I got my PS4.

If you logged into the Rockstar Social Club on PS3 while playing GTAV, and presumeably, played more than the first mission. WHile GTA Online was a mess for weeks/months, the Social Club worked since launch... And if I remember, you got some small bonuses in Single Player for logging in ( a custom garage for each character I believe)

I must be misremembering the draw distance on GTA V PS3, because I seem to remember it looking just as good on the PS3.
The terrain draw distance is but the dynamic object distance isn't. Basically, the distance at which cars, destructible objects, etc spawn... There could be isolated instances where cars draw even this far... especially in Great Chapparal when you're up in the hills and there are very few objects around, and even more so if you use a scope to focus in on just a distant piece of highway. But in general, especially in the city or towns, the cars wouldn't draw at quite that far of a distance. This screenshot is, however, also in Great Chapparal which is exactly where I just noted draw distance for cars is sometimes farther, so I'm not sure whether or not it represents in-city car draw distance, too.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
S¡mon;136309468 said:

You have to sign in to Rockstar Social Network from the game. It's like UPlay, but for Rockstar instead of Ubi and annoys me just as much.

But, you also want the bonus material that's available for "thanks for already buying the game!" how about the pre-order bonus material? You were unable to pre-order GTAV on 360/PS3, so you should get those pre-order bonuses, right? Oh, and there isn't a Gamestop in your hometown, so they should also give any store-exclusive pre-order bonuses too.

It's fine, as I said in my very first post in this topic, I'll get all that when I buy the GOTY edition on sale.

RyudBoy

Good stuff. I love it when developers go the extra mile to give us extra content.

Now, about that all EDM radio station... or did they already announce one without me knowing? o_O

Good stuff. I love it when developers go the extra mile to give us extra content.

Now, about that all EDM radio station... or did they already announce one without me knowing? o_O
When did they say there was an all EDM station?
All I heard was the game getting new songs.

Raptor

Of couse there must be variations of those things available for everyone right?

Like other type of axes?

I want my axe.

The terrain draw distance is but the dynamic object distance isn't. Basically, the distance at which cars, destructible objects, etc spawn... There could be isolated instances where cars draw even this far... especially in Great Chapparal when you're up in the hills and there are very few objects around, and even more so if you use a scope to focus in on just a distant piece of highway. But in general, especially in the city or towns, the cars wouldn't draw at quite that far of a distance. This screenshot is, however, also in Great Chapparal which is exactly where I just noted draw distance for cars is sometimes farther, so I'm not sure whether or not it represents in-city car draw distance, too.

Not sure if I see any cars on those roads, at least, spawning cars driving naturally on the roads. Might see a few of the static "always spawned" cars but my eye sights going.

Tainted

100% this sucker twice on the 360, looking forward to picking it up again for the PS4.

I'll probably triple dip and get it for PC in Jan. If I claim all this 'returning player' content on the PS4, will I also be able to claim it all again on the PC in Jan ?

baconcow

You have to sign in to Rockstar Social Network from the game. It's like UPlay, but for Rockstar instead of Ubi and annoys me just as much.

I just created a Social Club account on Rockstar's website, today. I never signed into the Social Club while I owned the game. I, today, linked up my PSN and Social Club accounts online. I do not think you actually need to sign in to the Social Club in game. I think the website will suffice as it now shows my in-game stats.

Not sure if I see any cars on those roads, at least, spawning cars driving naturally on the roads. Might see a few of the static "always spawned" cars but my eye sights going.
There's a bunch that are closer but that tiny blue car on the far left is the one that stood out to me as the most 'different/farther' than what I'm used to on the PS3. Sometimes you can see cars that far on the PS3 if you're out in those hills, especially after you zoom in with a scope on one area... but you usually don't see them from that far when flying. In any case, draw distance being increase is supposed to be an official point so regardless of that screenshot shows it well or not, I guess it's apparently coming haha :p

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Nice assumption there on me being ok with it as long as it doesnt affect me. In fact, i never owned GTA 5 on 360 or PS3, im one of the people who wont be getting that small extra pack of content, and still im being reasonable about it.

It's a bit silly to assume that because someone isn't happy with this content being gated off from individuals who for whatever reason didn't get in on the ground isn't being reasonable. I think the arguments have been pretty reasonable - you simply don't agree with them.

With a pre-order bonus, or GS bonus you are given the opportunity to go "all in" - what opportunity was there for someone to do this that (in the individuals case) didn't involve purchasing a separate console?

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Screens and extras look awesome, can't wait to have a roving monster truck gang online!

Screens and extras look awesome, can't wait to have a roving monster truck gang online!
Best part is since it's based on the Cheval Picador, it will hopefully be customize-able at LSC.

The Vapid Liberator was pretty awesome but I hated how we couldn't customize it and had to be stuck with that flag livery.

Denton

Wait, so if I only buy the PC version because I did not want to play inferior versions, I will not get this content ? Why would Rockstar do something so stupid?

Rewarding double dippers is fine, reward them! By giving them a discount on new version or something!
But making intesting ingame content unavailable to me, in a game I want to buy, just because I did not already buy it once before, is simply terrible practice. And everyone angry about has a good reason to be.
Rewarding customers is good, but it should always be done with a consideration. Pissing off one part of customers to make other part happy is not a good business sense.

Top Bottom