• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive GTA 5 Content Revealed For PS4, Xbox One and PC

zakislam

B1Cgov6IAAAt6H7.jpg

Ever since we announced Grand Theft Auto V on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, some of you have been asking if there will be anything extra for those PS3 and Xbox 360 players who are planning on picking up the new versions. To reward loyal GTAV fans for coming back to the newer, more detailed version of Los Santos and Blaine County, we've created an array of exclusive items specifically for these players - with each of them connected to activities designed for you to experience the game's massive world in new and exciting ways.

3MniBJr.jpg

- The Dodo seaplane: It may take a little firepower to get your hands on this highly versatile GTA classic.

sv7bslA.jpg

New Events & Rewards
- Encounter new events happening all across the world, and complete the challenges they present to unlock exclusive new vehicles like the menacing Imponte Duke O’Death and that veritable GTA classic bird of flight, the Dodo seaplane.

GASHVdP.jpg

Murder Mystery
- As Michael, follow a trail of cryptic clues to unravel a grisly murder mystery. Put the clues together and you'll unlock two Noir Style Filters, which will give your Story Mode gameplay and Snapmatic photos the feel of a gritty old school crime classic.

exJS9Tz.jpg

Weapons: The Rail Gun & Hatchet
- Obliterate your adversaries with the high-powered, high-velocity Rail Gun. This piece of experimental military technology also has its own set of Shooting Range Challenges at your local Ammu-Nation shooting range. Or hack and slash foes up close and personal with the brutal Hatchet melee weapon.

CicmYax.jpg

Wildlife Photography Challenge
- There are new species of animals across Los Santos and Blaine County, and the LS Tourist Board needs someone to document them. As Franklin, catalog unique animal species scattered across the map to unlock the special Kraken Sub.

VKSQV9e.jpg

Stock Car Races
- Win a series of new Stock Car Races to earn unique custom Muscle Cars adorned with logos from some of the companies that made this country great.

m4PJuwk.jpg

Monkey Mosaics
- A mysterious street artist is tagging walls all across town with his simian-inspired silhouettes. Track down and photograph them all to earn new monkey outfits (available to all players) and a special Go Go Monkey Blista exclusively for returning players.

TZ3OO4D.jpg

New Vehicles and More
- Grind up the Los Santos freeways (and over anybody in your path) with the Cheval Marshall monster truck and take to the skies in a faster and more maneuverable Blimp, compliments of Xero Gas.

There will also be a bounty of content for all players, new and returning, to discover - including a fleet of classic GTA vehicles and a few more surprises we've got planned that you’ll have to discover for yourself come game day. And as previously announced, current GTA Online players on PS3 and Xbox 360 will be able to pick up where they left off, transferring their characters and progression seamlessly to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC (Social Club membership required).

In addition, anyone who pre-orders the game will receive a bonus of GTA$1M ($500k for Story Mode and $500k for use in Grand Theft Auto Online).

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...clusive-content-for-returning-gtav-players-on

Mendrox

I am so glad that I only played the PS3 version for about 40 minutes... this will be glorious for me. :) Rockstar can gladly take my money.

Sounds good.

I really want a single player expansion though, was hoping we'd get something more significant than vehicles and side missions.

It says in the article that you can only transfer once. I hope that is once to a single console. I am in the rare situation where my friends are split on both PS4 and XB1. So I am hoping that I can transfer my 360 character to both consoles.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
That's pretty damn good, tough i wonder if i get the returning player stuff on the PS4 if i played on the Xbox 360. Not that i have a PS4 yet just curious.

mclem

So how's the 'returning players' metric being tested? Having logged in to Social Club from a PS3 or 360?

Daffy Duck

Amazing!!

Do we know if I played this on the 360 and I buy GTA V again for my PS4, do I get all this new content? Or does it have to be in the same console family?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
How about a garage system that doesn't suck? Just connect them all like a magic trunk in Resident Evil. It's a video game. We can handle the sense of disbelief.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't know what this means.

Exclusive content for returning players, and it requires R* Club membership. It almost reads as if they mean only people who played it on PS360 will have access to these things, not that these things are the new additions to this version for everyone.

mclem

It doesn't say that. It's saying that you will get these things in the next-gen release.

It's motivation to buy the game again.

This suggests otherwise:

- A mysterious street artist is tagging walls all across town with his simian-inspired silhouettes. Track down and photograph them all to earn new monkey outfits (available to all players) and a special Go Go Monkey Blista exclusively for returning players.

It's explicitly differentiating between the two, there.

UrbanRats

Sounds great, how do you transfer/choose the version you want to transfer to?

EDit: Also, just give this stuff to everyone and don't be dicks, please.

Pooya

where is the SP DLC they mentioned a while back... I get the impression that they've scrapped it and these are whatever they could salvage from that :|

FDC1

It doesn't say that. It's saying that you will get these things in the next-gen release.

It's motivation to buy the game again.

That exactly says that: "exclusive content for returning players","we've created an array of exclusive items specifically for these players". When I read that, I understand it's not available for newcomers.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
This is entirely confusing.

Is this only for people who logged into R* social with the game on PS3/360?

What happens if I played on my 360, and I'm buying this on the PS4? Isn't the R* social club thing tied to your gamertag?

Top Bottom