• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive GTA 5 Content Revealed For PS4, Xbox One and PC

So do we know yet if the xbone GTA V will be 1080p?

We don't know either way. But Rockstar hasn't commented on The PS4's resolution either. That OPM "10 page blowout" article seemed based entirely on trailers that came out months ago, a total fluff piece, that based it's 1080p on PS4 off of the trailers... the same thing Digital Foundary and everybody else speculated, but no official word from Rockstar. Nevertheless, I think 1080p on PS4 is basically a sure thing, but not sure on Xbox One.

Tainted

Wait, so if I only buy the PC version because I did not want to play inferior versions, I will not get this content ? Why would Rockstar do something so stupid?

I can understand the frustration, however, when GTAV launched last year there was no 100% guarantee at the time it would be re-released for PS4 / Xbone / PC. Not playing it on those consoles at the time would have been a conscious choice to just not play the game, rather than waiting for the superior version.

If not, then loan me your crystal ball, I'd also like to predict the future :)

BibiMaghoo

Wait, so if I only buy the PC version because I did not want to play inferior versions, I will not get this content ? Why would Rockstar do something so stupid?

Rewarding double dippers is fine, reward them! By giving them a discount on new version or something!
But making intesting ingame content unavailable to me, in a game I want to buy, just because I did not already buy it once before, is simply terrible practice. And everyone angry about has a good reason to be.
Rewarding customers is good, but it should always be done with a consideration. Pissing off one part of customers to make other part happy is not a good business sense.

Do you feel this way about all games that have pre-order exclusive content? Do you not buy the games when you cannot get every piece of content?

Because it seems pretty much the same thing. Potentially interesting game content is locked out to you because you didn't buy the title at GameStop instead of Amazon, or because you didn't buy both?

EDIT: Oh, wait, you bought Watchdogs. Clearly you do not.

But then will you be expecting Rockstar to give you something for waiting for that? lol.

I'll get the entire game and all DLC for a fraction of the cost of the day one sales they would otherwise have got from me.

I can understand the frustration, however, when GTAV launched last year there was no 100% guarantee at the time it would be re-released for PS4 / Xbone / PC.

Every GTA main game has been released on the PC. The series began its life on the PC.

I don't even understand why this is a thing, it's completely moronic. So the premise here is that by giving people that own the 360/PS3 version extra content will encourage them to buy GTA 5 next gen ? Well if that is the case just make the content available to all that buy the Next Gen version.

It's a pretty douche bag move against PC gamers though. This is content locked to console gamers only. So PC gamers not only get the game 15 months later (3-4 months after the next gen version) they are also locked out of content. I have no doubt there will be nefarious ways to get this content on the PC but it does show utter contempt towards PC gamers from Rockstar.

BibiMaghoo

I don't even understand why this is a thing, it's completely moronic. So the premise here is that by giving people that own the 360/PS3 version extra content will encourage them to buy GTA 5 next gen ? Well if that is the case just make the content available to all that buy the Next Gen version.

It's a pretty douche bag move against PC gamers though. This is content locked to console gamers only. So PC gamers not only get the game 15 months later (3-4 months after the next gen version) they are also locked out of content. I have no doubt there will be nefarious ways to get this content on the PC but it does show utter contempt towards PC gamers from Rockstar.

If the PC player did not play it on a console when it came out, then yes. If you played the PS360 version, then you can have that content on PC. It says in the OP it can be applied to any platform.

Seanspeed

Banned
Do you feel this way about all games that have pre-order exclusive content? Do you not buy the games when you cannot get every piece of content?

Because it seems pretty much the same thing. Potentially interesting game content is locked out to you because you didn't buy the title at GameStop instead of Amazon, or because you didn't buy both?

This is quite a bit of stuff some people are missing out on, not just a little bit of crap pre-order content.

If the PC player did not play it on a console when it came out, then yes. If you played the PS360 version, then you can have that content on PC. It says in the OP it can be applied to any platform.

Then I am correct a PC gamer (by that I mean someone that only uses the PC as their gaming platform) are purposely locked out of this additional content for no reason other than "herp derp should've got a console sucker".

Yup fairly douche bag move by Rockstar. They could've tempered things a bit by offering this content to PC gamers that own GTA 4 in way of an apology for that god awful slap dash port job they did.

BibiMaghoo

This is quite a bit of stuff some people are missing out on, not just a little bit of crap pre-order content.

I think 6 vehicles, 2 weapons and 3 missions is a small amount of content, comparable to pre-order bonuses for big games, mainly Ubisoft titles. Most AC games have a comparable amount for sure.

Denton

I can understand the frustration, however, when GTAV launched last year there was no 100% guarantee at the time it would be re-released for PS4 / Xbone / PC. Not playing it on those consoles at the time would have been a conscious choice to just not play the game, rather than waiting for the superior version.

If not, then loan me your crystal ball, I'd also like to predict the future :)

I always knew GTA 5 would come to PC. That was obvious from the day its existance was announced, Rockstar has been playing this song and dance for a decade, always announcing PC version later.

Nope, it depends on the case in question and game in question. In case of WD, I got the deluxe version (which had all the extra content) for 30 bucks, so it was fine deal. Even if I could only get a version without it, I would not mind that much since the extra content was one or two generic missions and I was a lot less excited about WD anyway.
In case of GTA5, the extra content (especially Michael's Noire missions) sound a lot more interesting than that, and I would like to have them there, since I want to buy it.

It is not a rocket science. It is not about entitlement. You either treat all your customers well, or you don't. Some companies get it, some don't.

Ploid 3.0

Then I am correct a PC gamer (by that I mean someone that only uses the PC as their gaming platform) are purposely locked out of this additional content for no reason other than "herp derp should've got a console sucker".

Yup fairly douche bag move by Rockstar. They could've tempered things a bit by offering this content to PC gamers that own GTA 4 in way of an apology for that god awful slap dash port job they did.

A PS4 Xbox One player that only played on those platforms would be locked out too. I don't even care about that stuff they showed but if they can't get me a discount by making it cost less for me to upgrade to PS4 from PS3 digital this will have to do.

I only plan on buying the pc version after the dust has settled on possible mods and what the community comes up with. PC will be the best content version because of that (if it's possible). You can't be too sad about that situation. Console gamers will envy your GTA5 with real cars and planes.

I always knew GTA 5 would come to PC. That was obvious from the day its existance was announced, Rockstar has been playing this song and dance for a decade, always announcing PC version later.

Nope, it depends on the case in question and game in question. In case of WD, I got the deluxe version (which had all the extra content) for 30 bucks, so it was fine deal. Even if I could only get a version without it, I would not mind that much since the extra content was one or two generic missions and I was a lot less excited about WD anyway.
In case of GTA5, the extra content (especially Michael's Noire missions) sound a lot more interesting than that, and I would like to have them there, since I want to buy it.

It is not a rocket science. It is not about entitlement. You either treat all your customers well, or you don't. Some companies get it, some don't.

If it makes you feel any better, there are other side missions like this in GTA5 and they're all pretty dull and basically amount to finding things scattered around the map and a short cutscene (and if you're lucky you might get a shitty reward, which I guess in this case is the filters). I doubt they put as much effort into the new missions as people are thinking.

Denton

If it makes you feel any better, there are other side missions like this in GTA5 and they're all pretty dull and basically amount to finding things scattered around the map and a short cutscene (and if you're lucky you might get a shitty reward, which I guess in this case is the filters). I doubt they put as much effort into the new missions as people are thinking.

I see, thanks for elaborating.

People that pay more get more stuff, that is capitalism, that is what we live under. Get use to it.

Gee, thanks for the memo. Didn't sound condescending at all.

Seanspeed

Banned
I think 6 vehicles, 2 weapons and 3 missions is a small amount of content, comparable to pre-order bonuses for big games, mainly Ubisoft titles. Most AC games have a comparable amount for sure.
Usually its a bunch of crap though. This is all quite cool stuff.

Thrakier

I hope the PC port is competent this time. GTA IV is still a clusterfuck, steady 60FPS is not possible even on very powerful hardware (like A TON more powerful than lastgen...)

BibiMaghoo

Usually its a bunch of crap though. This is all quite cool stuff.

Fair enough, I can't argue with what you consider meaningful content compared to what I do, as that is really down to what you like and don't. But I do certainly think it's comparable with pre-order content, sadly, in this day and age, and most get by without it all. I played it on PS3, but no longer have my copy of the game, so if that is needed I will not get the stuff either, it's just I feel it's being made more of an issue simply because of the title, rather than the content itself. A discount would be preferable from my perspective, but I have no idea how they would work that out on consoles with physical copies of the game. It has no online pass or code, and so anyone could put a borrowed disc in for a discount, potentially.

Ploid 3.0

I hope the PC port is competent this time. GTA IV is still a clusterfuck, steady 60FPS is not possible even on very powerful hardware (like A TON more powerful than lastgen...)

Yes this is the thing PC gamers should be worried about rather than poor additional content that will be forgotten in under 30 minutes if they had it, then crushed by mods as the community find out ways to do it.

Nzyme32

It is a crappy move, but as someone who has never played the game due to being a PC only guy, I can't say I mind just yet, mainly because the content sounds kind of meaningless in the grand scheme of things, compared to the content that I will get that I haven't had before. It's not like it is entire story lines or hours of content. Then again, I could be completely misinterpreting the situation since I have no context for the content in question

Jeez people. Just create a Rockstar social club account and play for a couple minutes on a PS3 or 360. Not that hard.
especially when for the last few weeks, there's been so much bragging about not having wasted money on inferior versions, waiting for remasters or sales to save a few bucks, etc and in general acting as if GTA V was rather insignificant and worth just the bare minimum of effort and attention

and now suddenly the tiniest detail is so significant there's a shit storm over a few re-skinned cars and a few likely generic treasure hunts. the nonchalant irreverence sure fades fast lol

i mean, really, if you're PC exclusive, there will probably be a mod to add this stuff within the first month anyhow, and a lot more every month after that :p

HowZatOZ

Banned
What is it with Rockstar and small screenshots? Every article from their Club page has ridiculously small screenshots that don't offer enough detail.

Jeez people. Just create a Rockstar social club account and play for a couple minutes on a PS3 or 360. Not that hard.

Yeah, I avoided the last-gen versions because I saw the ports coming, but now I am just going to borrow the 360 version from a friend at work just to login with it and get the stuff when the next-gen version hits.

Megatron

So they want for people that played on the last gen to buy again but this awesome stuff for us that will be playing for the first time will not be available?

Thanks Rockstar :(

You are paying $60 less than we did. If you want this content, go buy the game on ps360 like we had to and you will get the same perk.

Tainted

You are paying $60 less than we did. If you want this content, go buy the game on ps360 like we had to and you will get the same perk.

Exactly right....Rockstar are just rewarding the double dippers (and so they should)

I'm just hoping they reward the triple dippers with more goodies when the PC version drops in Jan :)

njean777

I see, thanks for elaborating.

Gee, thanks for the memo. Didn't sound condescending at all.

Your welcome, that is the system we chose and if a person pays more they get more.

Just FYI my post was sarcasm and I actually object to capitalism in very major ways, but that is the system we live under and if you don't like that unfortunately the majority of the US and world is against you. Moral quandaries do not fall in with market societies very often anymore, the more you pay means that you deserve more, and that is just the way our society is (which is sad btw).

Shit finished gta on 360 but dont think i ever even fired up the online :(

As long as you logged into Social Club you don't need to go into the online mode in the game. Social club gave you other perks in SP too, like giving you a special garage for each character and maybe a gun or car. If you had Michael, Trevor, and Franklin's special garage's (Franklins was next to a car wash near his tow-truck place) then you had logged in.

You can try and login to it right now to see, it shows your SP game progress:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

As long as you logged into Social Club you don't need to go into the online mode in the game. Social club gave you other perks in SP too, like giving you a special garage for each character and maybe a gun or car. If you had Michael, Trevor, and Franklin's special garage's (Franklins was next to a car wash near his tow-truck place) then you had logged in.

You can try and login to it right now to see, it shows your SP game progress:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

Thanks i do have an account so here is hoping. but i think it might have been for maxpayne or red dead. I assume it works across all games though so here is hoping.

I don't see why me paying $200 to MS or Sony is any concern of Rockstars.

Rockstar should just buy us all Xbox One's, PS4's, and new gaming PCs anyway. I don't see why I should have to spend $400 on a PS4 or $1200 on a new PC just to play Rockstar's game. Hell, why should I even need to buy GTAV to experience the bonus content? Why do they expect me to play their game when all I want is the damn bonus content!?

CROOKED WORLD!

Thanks i do have an account so here is hoping. but i think it might have been for maxpayne or red dead. I assume it works across all games though so here is hoping.

Aye, assuming you linked it to your PS3 or XBL gamertag before playing GTA5 then I think you should be all set. I forget if you had to do it a second time in GTA5 or not.

Rockstar should just buy us all Xbox One's, PS4's, and new gaming PCs anyway. I don't see why I should have to spend $400 on a PS4 or $1200 on a new PC just to play Rockstar's game. Hell, why should I even need to buy GTAV to experience the bonus content? Why do they expect me to play their game when all I want is the damn bonus content!?

CROOKED WORLD!

Well, you win this weeks False Equivalence Award.

Pretty impressive considering #GamerGate is still a thing.

Top Bottom