• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive GTA 5 Content Revealed For PS4, Xbox One and PC

bud23

This game needs a photo mode.

This line has probably gone unnoticed...

Rockstar said:
GTAV photographers should get ready to take all-new high-res Snapmatics!

Just imagine the possibilities, just imagine...

http://gtaforums.com/topic/652898-professional-photographers-snapmatic/

Ah okay thanks. Tried to search some wikis but not thoroughly enough it seems.

Yeah, the Liberator.

actual_1404209878.jpg

The Vapid The Liberator is a limited edition monster truck featured in the Independence Day Special for Grand Theft Auto V. It is no longer available in GTA Online unless it was bought by the player, but remains available in single player.

http://gta.wikia.com/The_Liberator

swooshboy

Neo Member
Locked content?

Guess I'll wait for the Steam sale then, as I do with all games that have these bullshit policies. When I buy your game, I should have the same content as everyone else.

So does this apply to any game that has exclusive pre-order content? Or ultimate edition content?

Enjoy waiting while everyone else enjoys playing the game.

dex3108

So does this apply to any game that has exclusive pre-order content? Or ultimate edition content?

Enjoy waiting while everyone else enjoys playing the game.

With pre-order content you have choice to pre-order or not. PC Only gamers in this situation don't have any choice and that is main problem, at least for me.

bud23

With pre-order content you have choice to pre-order or not. PC Only gamers in this situation don't have any choice and that is main problem, at least for me.

Problem? What problem? There is no problem at all.

This is just a way to reward customers for their loyalty, and YES, someone who has spent twice as much money as you, deserves more than you.

Yeah, I know, it's outrageous!!!!

Are you guys being deliberately obtuse? i don't get it. The sense of entitlement in this thread is mind blowing.

Are you guys being deliberately obtuse? i don't get it.

Try reading peoples points then.
- game is not released on a platform in 2013.
- game is not released on a platform in 2014.
- instead of "thanks for waiting!" when game is released on that platform in 2015, bits of it are removed unless you bought it on a completely different platform previously.

Did you enjoy playing GTAV back in 2013?
Yes?
Then why make a big deal about how you should be 'rewarded for your loyalty'?
You weren't buying into a kickstarter to fund some struggling dev who couldn't get a game made.

swooshboy

Neo Member
- instead of "thanks for waiting!" when game is released on that platform in 2015, bits of it are removed unless you bought it on a completely different platform previously.

Yes?
You weren't buying into a kickstarter to fund some struggling dev who couldn't get a game made.

If anyone is making a big deal about something then it's you - I don't think most people who have already played the game were demanding we be rewarded for having done so.

Rather than thanking people for waiting (and not purchasing their product in that time), they have decided to instead thank the people who did purchase their product.

Fair enough, this means you miss out on some content, but it is not designed to punish those who waited, but to reward those who have already spent their money on the game.

You will be getting the exact same game that we got when we bought it - actually, you will be getting it with all of the DLC etc.

dex3108

Problem? What problem? There is no problem at all.

This is just a way to reward customers for their loyalty, and YES, someone who has spent twice as much money as you, deserves more than you.

Yeah, I know, it's outrageous!!!!

Are you guys being deliberately obtuse? i don't get it. The sense of entitlement in this thread is mind blowing.

I would be loyal customer in September 2013 if i had choice to buy it on platform that i own and use but i didn't. And i own almost all R* titles they ever made and yet i am not loyal customer after all of that. I said before i don't have any issue with this system on PS4/X1 but PC will get this game year and a half later for the first time and cutting content in this way is not ok.

m@cross

So if I go out this weekend and grab the PS3 version from Redbox, play it on my PS3 for 10 minutes and log into social club, I am all set to nab the free stuff when my digital preorder installs on my PS4?

swooshboy

Neo Member
I would be loyal customer in September 2013 if i had choice to buy it on platform that i own and use but i didn't. And i own almost all R* titles they ever made and yet i am not loyal customer after all of that. I said before i don't have any issue with this system on PS4/X1 but PC will get this game year and a half later for the first time and cutting content in this way is not ok.[/QUOTE]

But then you will get the video creator mode, that console owners will not get.

Come to think about it, when the PC version is released, they will get more features than I am able to access, even though I have bought the game on PS3 and PS4. Adding content in this way is not ok.

Fair enough, this means you miss out on some content, but it is not designed to punish those who waited, but to reward those who have already spent their money on the game.

You're right, but it still does punish people who waited regardless of their intent. They should just make this stuff standard in the pc version, especially since it's not releasing at the same time anyway. I really don't see how it would hurt at all to throw pc gta fans a bone here.

swooshboy

Neo Member
Locked content?

Guess I'll wait for the Steam sale then, as I do with all games that have these bullshit policies. When I buy your game, I should have the same content as everyone else.

So how about the video creator mode that the PC will be getting?

Surely if I buy the game on PS4, I should have the same content as everyone else?

swooshboy

Neo Member
You're right, but it still does punish people who waited regardless of their intent. They should just make this stuff standard in the pc version, especially since it's not releasing at the same time anyway. I really don't see how it would hurt at all to throw pc gta fans a bone here.

Has it actually been confirmed that PC owners will not get this content?

They did say that PS4 players will be able to purchase the content that, up till now, was only available for those who bought the ultimate edition version of PS3.

So would not be all the surprising if they made this other content available once the PC version launches - even if that means paying for it in game.

You will be getting the exact same game that we got when we bought it - actually, you will be getting it with all of the DLC etc.

Yeah - except 18 months later, and what DLC?.

It's a dick-move by R* towards a specific playerbase.

I genuinely have to question if not the agenda of people who claim to not be able to see that, then their lack of basic empathy.

dex3108

But then you will get the video creator mode, that console owners will not get.

Come to think about it, when the PC version is released, they will get more features than I am able to access, even though I have bought the game on PS3 and PS4. Adding content in this way is not ok.

That is not ok from R* ether but you will be able to capture and edit content on X1/PS4 even if there is no Video Editor on consoles. Sure it won't be as powerful as on PC version but you will have way to capture it. And again i think that cutting Video Editor from PS4/X1 is also a bad move.

Has it actually been confirmed that PC owners will not get this content?

They did say that PS4 players will be able to purchase the content that, up till now, was only available for those who bought the ultimate edition version of PS3.

So would not be all the surprising if they made this other content available once the PC version launches - even if that means paying for it in game.

Sure, I can see a "deluxe edition" thing happening here on pc. The issue here is possibly just being caused by the lack of specifics, especially when you take into account the fact that Rockstar clearly consider themselves a console dev first and foremost.

TheContact

I was hoping GameStop would do some kind of extra credit trade in of previous gen versions for the next gen versions. The only downside is I bought the limited edition one and it comes in the awesome hard case and stuff, I hate letting things like that go

Auctopus

Locked content?

People are about to drop another $60 on a game they already bought. R* are rewarding that/incentivising you doing so.

UrbanRats

As a consumer, i really see no good reason to stand behind and support the idea of "exclusive content".
You want to cheat people out of enjoyment for what benefit? i'd understand if there was some form of scarcity involved, of course, but on digital goods?

Rockstar is just doing it to push double dips, but we shouldn't defend or be happy about it.

People are about to drop another $60 on a game they already bought. R* are rewarding that/incentivising you doing so.

I think people understand that but the reward and incentive would still be there if they made it available to all. I'm double dipping, I would have done so regardless of the bonus for returning players, but I do think it's a bit shit not including it for everyon. At the same time they aren't the greatest bonuses, they're not really worth getting too angry about.

swooshboy

Neo Member
As a consumer, i really see no good reason to stand behind and support the idea of "exclusive content".
You want to cheat people out of enjoyment for what benefit? i'd understand if there was some form of scarcity involved, of course, but on digital goods?

Rockstar is just doing it to push double dips, but we shouldn't defend or be happy about it.

Exclusive content is nothing new - whether it be for pre-ordering, purchasing via a particular retailer, purchasing a more expensive version. Are the people who buy their games in that manner "cheating people out of enjoyment" through their actions?

I did not buy the special edition of GTA V, so there were a few cars that I never had access to. But I wasn't annoyed at R* for giving them something extra.

I think its a fundamental difference in mindset - some see this as R* punishing / penalising them for not buying the game previously, whereas it is in fact rewarding those who are buying the same/similar game twice.

I find the sense of entitlement difficult to understand. R* are not saying that flying in the game is only available to those who have played it before. They are not restricting something that was in the original game. They have added some content and have chosen to give it to those who have already bought / played their game, as a thank you / reward / incentive to buy the game again.

woen

GAF can complain on the same day about the ridiculous gift of 200 potions for the Pokemon ORAS bundle and the too discriminating gifts/digital content goodies for the people who bought GTA V on both old and current-gen.

"What about the exclusive in-game content I originally received for purchasing the PS3 or Xbox 360 Special Edition or Collectors Edition last year? Will I be able to access that content on PS4, Xbox One or PC?
Yes, if you purchased the Special Edition or the Collector’s Edition last year, when you upgrade to one of the new systems, you will automatically have those items unlocked and accessible. Those in-game bonuses include the Stunt Plane Trials, Bonus Outfits and Tattoos, and the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer all for Story Mode use; as well as the Custom Classic GTA Parent Characters and the high-end Khamelion electric car for GTA Online. Furthermore, if you missed out on your chance to buy a CE or SE the last time around, we will also make all of that content available for all players on PS4, Xbox One and PC to earn and acquire with in-game cash (original SE and CE owners will not have to spend any in-game cash to obtain them, they will automatically be accessible upon upgrade)."

When I read something like this, I ask myself why I still buy me Collectors Editions, when the stuff in there should be limited to the buyers of the SE or CE and not available to everyone.

When I read something like this, I ask myself why I still buy me Collectors Editions, when the stuff in there should be limited to the buyers of the SE or CE and not available to everyone.

I might be reading that wrong, but I think what it means is if you bought the Special Edition or Collectors Edition last generation then you still get access to those special rewards for PS4/X1, not that everybody gets access to it without paying anything else. That .50 cal pistol JESUS.

No need to create an online character?

Nope, you can avoid the GTA Online portion all together. You just need to have been signed into Social Club and beat the first mission in the game (the prologue,
set in North Yankton
). if you beat the prologue and then later signed in at any point to the Social Club, that would record your progress.

So my X360 single and mp data will transfer to PS4 sweet. My cars and bikes haven't been touched for a year.

Not really. Your MP data will transfer to PS4, but not your single player data. When you switch to the PS4 version in single player, it's a new file, a new game, and if you've bought cars or guns with Michael/Trevor/Franklin in GTA5 Single Player before, they will not retain any of those... it's just like going to Game -> New Game for Xbox 360. If you got any pre-order bonuses, etc., then those will still be available per usual at Ammunation or wherever, just like starting a new game on 360.

rockstar , all i'm asking is that your submarine to be fun to play with .

The one in the original game was slow as hell and you couldn't do much with it .
If the new one isn't ....

Argh .
i guess that railgun is cool.

Not really.

Like every other AAA title that delivers a late half-assed port they'll just blame piracy of the PC platform as a whole and absolve themselves of any blame in not offering a compelling purchase to legitimate customers.

Oh, so you played it already? Seriously dude....step back and realize how ridiculous you sound.

Yeah - except 18 months later, and what DLC?.

It's a dick-move by R* towards a specific playerbase.

I genuinely have to question if not the agenda of people who claim to not be able to see that, then their lack of basic empathy.

You are getting all the DLC that has been released during those (correction 14) months. lol.

Ishida

Banned

Yes?

No one forced them to wait.

People who actually wanted to play the game have already done so. Wanted to wait? Then deal with the fact that your platform is just an afterthought for certain developers.

Fine Rockstar. I'm getting this. This and DA:I will be my holiday purchases. I'll probably grab it with a buy 2 get one free or some sort of deal like that.

scitek

It's on there as a bonus to the people who paid way more than you. It's not for you. Until they release it as DLC. Because of course they will.

It's the same as the Mewtwo in Smash thing, people are freaking out because double dippers get freebies that will certainly, inevitably be available for purchase later anyway. It's dumb shitty whining.

Seriously, GTAV is such a ridiculously awesome game it is boggling my mind right now that so many of you who already waited so long for it are passing on it on account of a plane and a gun and a mission. You know there are lots and lots of all three of those already there, right?

Sorry, it's not my fault they didn't put it on PC a year ago for me to be able to double dip when we all new it would eventually come.

No one forced them to wait.

People who actually wanted to play the game have already done so. Wanted to wait? Then deal with the fact that your platform is just an afterthought for certain developers.

Yeah, pc's an afterthought here. That's why they're putting a much improved version of the game on it.

UrbanRats

Exclusive content is nothing new - whether it be for pre-ordering, purchasing via a particular retailer, purchasing a more expensive version. Are the people who buy their games in that manner "cheating people out of enjoyment" through their actions?

I did not buy the special edition of GTA V, so there were a few cars that I never had access to. But I wasn't annoyed at R* for giving them something extra.

I think its a fundamental difference in mindset - some see this as R* punishing / penalising them for not buying the game previously, whereas it is in fact rewarding those who are buying the same/similar game twice.

I find the sense of entitlement difficult to understand. R* are not saying that flying in the game is only available to those who have played it before. They are not restricting something that was in the original game. They have added some content and have chosen to give it to those who have already bought / played their game, as a thank you / reward / incentive to buy the game again.

I bought the special edition on 360, so i'm most likely getting everything there is to get, but i'm still annoyed that R* is setting an artificial gate to stuff they've already created, for all other players.
I don't care about having stuff exclusive to myself, and i don't care about being rewarded for double dipping.
I double dipped not because i'm a loyal customer (i'm not a dog) but because i couldn't wait for the PC version to come out, weighted in how much it was worth to play a gimped version of the game, and decided it was worth the 60€+.

I understand the business decision behind pushing people for double dipping, if i get in R*'s shoes, but i'm saying it's not something i'd want , in an ideal world.

Also not saying it's the worst practice to ever grace this industry or that R* are monsters, or anything like that.

Sammyzuko

Neo Member
It's cool that games have so much detail that I don't even care if I miss out on some of it. I put countless hours into GTA5, yet I know there are tons of things I haven't experienced. IMO it's more fun to discover game features organically in GTA then it is to search online and then seek them out. People love to complain about anything and everything. My advice.....sit back, relax and enjoy the game when it comes out. Try not to get your panties in a bunch about exclusive content, there is much more to this game.

Top Bottom