• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive GTA 5 Content Revealed For PS4, Xbox One and PC

RavenXtra

Neo Member
Aww, I was hoping it was available to everyone who buys GTA V. I'll be playing it for the first time on Xbox One, but from what I hear even the base game is fantastic so I'm looking forward to it regardless.

Salvadora

Don't understand why this content isn't available to everyone.

Surely it would act as an incentive to upgrade regardless of whether new buyers get it.

AmyS

Alright R* - You win.

On November 18th I will be a returning player, from the PS3 version, to the PS4.

Dny6zdM.jpg

$49.99 new (but not sealed) at GS.

Installing...

Alright R* - You win.

On November 18th I will be a returning player, from the PS3 version, to the PS4.

[imttp://i.imgur.com/Dny6zdM.jpg?2[/img]

Installing...

I think Gamestop actually won that one...
I hate that new open copy bs.

I don't see any new content here.

I'll help you out.

The new features listed here that you somehow can't see:

- everything pictured and written about.

Hope this helps.

Edit:

Who else is most excited for the faster and more maneuverable Blimp? I can see that being a damm riot online, if we're allowed to use them there.

bud23

Serious question has rockstar commented on online heist?

Yes.

Rockstar said:
Heists: Coming this spring ( Spring 2014 lol) to Grand Theft Auto Online, team up with your most trusted Crew members or with random other mercenaries in Grand Theft Auto Online to pull off cooperative Heist Missions for glory and profit. We know many in the GTA Online community have been looking forward to this update — stay tuned for much more information to come.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52217/Grand-Theft-Auto-Online-Spring-Updates

Are they gonna be available day 1?

Hahahaha

No.

New weapons, new vehicules and new costumes are not new content to me. You try them for 2 minutes and that's it. I only see the mystery case as new.
...Why would you only use them for 2 minutes? Some of the past DLC cars, clothes, and guns have become the most popular daily-use items. If anything, after a year passes, folks will probably spend more time using than cars than the missions.

Sean*O

Don't understand why this content isn't available to everyone.

Surely it would act as an incentive to upgrade regardless of whether new buyers get it.

It would. I do not think many who are going to double dip will do so only because some of the new content will be walled off from other players.. At least I hope they would be more motivated by the new content and technology than simply having something others can't. On the other hand it makes new players feel slighted. Not a very wise move.

Scarphace

I traded my 360 in before the online portion came out so I don't think I had the social club set up but I could be wrong. I hope I don't miss out on these extras if thats the case.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Bad move from Rockstar imo. So if someone didn't buy GTA V for last-gen consoles because they were waiting for new hardware then now they should be penalized for that? Oh, and what the hell is it taking them so long to prepare a singleplayer DLC?

Sovereign

Banned
Played through the game three times. Never played online since I don't have xbox live gold, and never thought to sign up for the social club thing. I already traded it in. I'm shit outta luck on these bonuses right?

waiting to see a GTA V PS4 live stream pop up. So far I have seen a AC Unity and COD AW stream pop up and suddenly get shutdown now where is the GTA V streams from the recipients who received ealry copies.

drotahorror

BS that I bought the 360 version on day 1 and only played the single player before I sold the game (sold before the online stuff was even activated). So even though I'm a returning player I get crapped on. That's a scummy practice.

GenericUser

Is that all or is this just for people that already own the ps3/360 version? I expect more, especially since most of the stuff will not have a significant impact on end game.

Just pre-ordered this, it better be good. Since I installed my 2TB, I need to start using it, eventhough I can get the disc early, I'm going digital to try and eat up some of this HDD.

Played through the game three times. Never played online since I don't have xbox live gold, and never thought to sign up for the social club thing. I already traded it in. I'm shit outta luck on these bonuses right?
Yeah :( You need a Social Club account.
BS that I bought the 360 version on day 1 and only played the single player before I sold the game (sold before the online stuff was even activated). So even though I'm a returning player I get crapped on. That's a scummy practice.
Social Club was active before GTAO went live... so you should check to see if you made an account for the in-game photography Snapmatic or the Social Club in-game bonuses. You didn't need to play GTAO, just to make a Social Club account. It was required for taking photos and also unlocked new haircuts and some other stuff so you may have made one anyhow.
Is that all or is this just for people that already own the ps3/360 version? I expect more, especially since most of the stuff will not have a significant impact on end game.
Just for returning players... There should be significantly more new content than this available in the new version for everyone. At the very least, there's a "fleet" of new cars and new activities, but we don't have any details or numbers yet. But I can't imagine they would add this much for returning players and only add the same amount or even only 2x as much for the remaster. If there's less than 15-20 new cars and at least 5-6 new S&Fs, activities, etc, I'd be surprised.

There's also probably 7x more content than this that's been added since release so that'll all be new to to new players or anyone that quit/never patched after last year.

Nillansan

I guess I will just borrow my friend's copy of GTAV and his Xbox 360 and complete the prologue. I need all the content unlocked for when I dive in next year on PC.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Rockstar is fucking smart. And they know their audience for this remastered edition. If you look past my posts in this thread, I have repeatedly said that this game is not going to pull GTA type numbers, because they have already sold 34million copies. So most of the casual/every hardcore gamers has already bought this game. So majority of people buying it this fall are going to be people who are double dipping.

This is a great way to make more people to double dip. I wasn't going to buy it for full price, but now I seriously see myself buying this sooner than I thought.

drotahorror

snip social club stuff

Alright I checked my r* social club and I do have an achievement for GTAV in the feed. It also has my xbl tag in there. I wonder if when I sign into the social club on the PS4 if I'll get the benefits of being a return player? I reckon so.

Still dumb though, it's content on the disc (I would assume) that's locked behind a strange wall.

GravyButt

So wait. I never touched online so I dont get upgrades? I have it registered with social club, but no online stats. Am I screwed?!

So any of you already know what they are going do to with the 500K (or 800K depending) on GTA Online? I'm either going to hold on to it until i have enough for one of those big apartments, or buy myself a chopper from the get go.

Ted

So any of you already know what they are going do to with the 500K (or 800K depending) on GTA Online? I'm either going to hold on to it until i have enough for one of those big apartments, or buy myself a chopper from the get go.

500K doesn't go a particularly long way in GTA:O so expect to spend it pretty quickly.

Apartments are OK but don't serve much practical function (for me at least) beyond the attached garage so if you want to save some cash initially just get a stand alone garage. They vary from two cars to ten cars:

Two Cars

Unit 124 Popular St, East Los Santos, Los Santos, $25,000
1 Strawberry Ave, Paleto Bay, $26,000
142 Paleto Blvd, Paleto Bay, $26,500
1932 Grapeseed Ave, Grapeseed, Blaine County, $27,500
1200 Route 68, Grand Senora Desert, Sandy Shores, $28,000
197 Route 68 Harmony, Sandy Shores, $29,000
0754 Roy Lowenstein Blvd, East Los Santos, Los Santos, $29,500
2000 Great Ocean Highway, North Chumash, Blaine County, $31,500
12 Little Bighorn Ave, East Los Santos, Los Santos, $32,000
1920 Senora Way Ron, Alternates Wind Farm, Blaine County, $32,000
634 Blvd Del Perro, Rockford Hils, Los Santos, $33,500
Garage Innocence Blvd La Puerta, Los Santos, $34,000
0897 Mirror Park Blvd East Vinewood, Los Santos, $35,000

Six Cars

870 Route 68 Approach Grand Senora Desert, Sandy Shores, $62,500
8754 Route 68 Zancudo River, Blaine County, $65,000
4531 Dry Dock St, Cyprus Flats, Los Santos, $67,500
Unit 1 Olympic Fury East Los Santos, Los Santos, $70,000
0432 Davis Ave East Los Santos, Los Santos, $72,500
1905 Davis Ave Davis, Los Santos, $75,000
Unit 14 Popular St East, Los Santos, Los Santos $77,500
0552 Roy Lowenstein Blvd, East Los Santos, Los Santos, $80,000

Ten Cars

1623 South Shambles St Cyprus Flats, Los Santos, $105,000
1337 Exceptionalist Way, Los Santos International Airport, Los Santos, $112,500
Unit 76 Greenwich Parkway, Los Santos International Airport, Los Santos, $120,000
331 Supply St East Los Santos, Los Santos, $135,000
Unit 2 Popular St East Los Santos, Los Santos, $142,500
0120 Murrieta Heights East Los Santos, Los Santos, $150,000

The ten car garages have a TV like the apartments but are missing a few other features:

Wardrobe access - you can access this function from any clothing shop;
Drinking - you can drink on the street yo!;
Bong - don't do that shit man, drugs are BAAAD;
Shower - this removes and blood and dirt from your character and if you sing into your mic you get a small xp gain, it's no loss, it's only novel once.

I'm not sure what the smaller garages contain.

If and when heists come to the online section of the game you will apparently need a high end apartment but there hasn't been any news on these for a while so I'm not holding my breath!

After you have somewhere to park a car, a super car should probably be your next significant purchase for number of reasons:

a) races are a relatively good way to level up and non-solo race wins are REQUIRED to unlock certain performance upgrades for cars (and since stats transfer there are going to be a lot of people with already fully modded cars so you'll want to get to parity as soon as possible unless you have a grinding partner).

b) Most races I quick join are run will be in super cars or bikes.

c) winning races in super cars unlocks upgrades for all car classes not just supers (whereas winning races in, for example, a muscle car will only unlock muscle car upgrades).

Unfortunately even with 500k in hand you will need to do a little saving. The Zentorno or Entity XF are probably the fastest and best overall but both cost north of 700K.

A helicopter is useful later in the game when you have some money but you can always steal one (any airport, hospital roof in LS, Merryweather docks, tour company by the marina) or when you hit level 30 have Merryweather come and pick you up in one. When it arrives you can shoot the pilot and steal it for yourself whenever you need one, all for a very reasonable $1,000 each time.

That's just advice though, spend it however you see fit for how you want to play the game.

Have fun in LS man.

500K doesn't go a particularly long way in GTA:O so expect to spend it pretty quickly.

Apartments are OK but don't serve much practical function (for me at least) beyond the attached garage so if you want to save some cash initially just get a stand alone garage. They vary from two cars to ten cars:

Two Cars

Unit 124 Popular St, East Los Santos, Los Santos, $25,000
1 Strawberry Ave, Paleto Bay, $26,000
142 Paleto Blvd, Paleto Bay, $26,500
1932 Grapeseed Ave, Grapeseed, Blaine County, $27,500
1200 Route 68, Grand Senora Desert, Sandy Shores, $28,000
197 Route 68 Harmony, Sandy Shores, $29,000
0754 Roy Lowenstein Blvd, East Los Santos, Los Santos, $29,500
2000 Great Ocean Highway, North Chumash, Blaine County, $31,500
12 Little Bighorn Ave, East Los Santos, Los Santos, $32,000
1920 Senora Way Ron, Alternates Wind Farm, Blaine County, $32,000
634 Blvd Del Perro, Rockford Hils, Los Santos, $33,500
Garage Innocence Blvd La Puerta, Los Santos, $34,000
0897 Mirror Park Blvd East Vinewood, Los Santos, $35,000

Six Cars

870 Route 68 Approach Grand Senora Desert, Sandy Shores, $62,500
8754 Route 68 Zancudo River, Blaine County, $65,000
4531 Dry Dock St, Cyprus Flats, Los Santos, $67,500
Unit 1 Olympic Fury East Los Santos, Los Santos, $70,000
0432 Davis Ave East Los Santos, Los Santos, $72,500
1905 Davis Ave Davis, Los Santos, $75,000
Unit 14 Popular St East, Los Santos, Los Santos $77,500
0552 Roy Lowenstein Blvd, East Los Santos, Los Santos, $80,000

Ten Cars

1623 South Shambles St Cyprus Flats, Los Santos, $105,000
1337 Exceptionalist Way, Los Santos International Airport, Los Santos, $112,500
Unit 76 Greenwich Parkway, Los Santos International Airport, Los Santos, $120,000
331 Supply St East Los Santos, Los Santos, $135,000
Unit 2 Popular St East Los Santos, Los Santos, $142,500
0120 Murrieta Heights East Los Santos, Los Santos, $150,000

The ten car garages have a TV like the apartments but are missing a few other features:

Wardrobe access - you can access this function from any clothing shop;
Drinking - you can drink on the street yo!;
Bong - don't do that shit man, drugs are BAAAD;
Shower - this removes and blood and dirt from your character and if you sing into your mic you get a small xp gain, it's no loss, it's only novel once.

I'm not sure what the smaller garages contain.

If and when heists come to the online section of the game you will apparently need a high end apartment but there hasn't been any news on these for a while so I'm not holding my breath!

After you have somewhere to park a car, a super car should probably be your next significant purchase for number of reasons:

a) races are a relatively good way to level up and non-solo race wins are REQUIRED to unlock certain performance upgrades for cars (and since stats transfer there are going to be a lot of people with already fully modded cars so you'll want to get to parity as soon as possible unless you have a grinding partner).

b) Most races I quick join are run will be in super cars or bikes.

c) winning races in super cars unlocks upgrades for all car classes not just supers (whereas winning races in, for example, a muscle car will only unlock muscle car upgrades).

Unfortunately even with 500k in hand you will need to do a little saving. The Zentorno or Entity XF are probably the fastest and best overall but both cost north of 700K.

A helicopter is useful later in the game when you have some money but you can always steal one (any airport, hospital roof in LS, Merryweather docks, tour company by the marina) or when you hit level 30 have Merryweather come and pick you up in one. When it arrives you can shoot the pilot and steal it for yourself whenever you need one, all for a very reasonable $1,000 each time.

That's just advice though, spend it however you see fit for how you want to play the game.

Have fun in LS man.
Interesting! Thanks for the tips!

OraleeWey

Alright R* - You win.

Dny6zdM.jpg

Installing...
You bought the last gen version so you can get the incentives for the current gen version?

Scoot2005

Banned
Why? They are just rewarding people who shell out 120$ for the game. I think it's really nice of them.

Is none of that stuff coming to the people who don't have the original or is it just the online stuff?

Edit - Like, I can't even earn the shit? I don't care if it's not just given to me but to not have it in the game at all is bullshit.

Top Bottom