• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive GTA 5 Content Revealed For PS4, Xbox One and PC

Kssio_Aug

Serious question has rockstar commented on online heist? Are they gonna be available day 1?

I trully believe that Rockstar will NEVER deliver online Heists. It just became a incredible marketing lie.

I wont double dip this GTA V until it proves me that GTA Online has improved enough (lot less loading times, animals in, more missions and stuff).

LoveCake

I just hope that that stock market bug thing will still work where you finish the main game & then do the assassin missions & bet on certain company's where the price will go up because of the person 'taken out' in the assassin mission.

I trully believe that Rockstar will NEVER deliver online Heists. It just became a incredible marketing lie.

I think it's a case of making too many promises and being something they ultimately couldn't deliver rather than lying from the outset. I wouldn't be surprised if they simply canned heists. I figure they were too complex in structure to work properly online, and dumbing them down from how they work in singleplayer wouldn't be received very well. Or particularly fun either.

Happy to be proven wrong, though I'm not sure I care about them at this point.

I think it's a case of making too many promises and being something they ultimately couldn't deliver rather than lying from the outset. I wouldn't be surprised if they simply canned heists. I figure they were too complex in structure to work properly online, and dumbing them down from how they work in singleplayer wouldn't be received very well. Or particularly fun either.

I just figured they were waiting for the next gen versions to release.

AmyS

As someone who just bought GTA V for PS3 and who doesn't know much about the game, can someone please explain how Online Heists were supposed to work and be played out ?

I think originally the plan may have not been that big in scope... I mean, we never really ever saw what Online Heists were supposed to be. Rockstar almost never officially talked about them. It was mostly just IGN adverticles and the like. Only real official mention of them is that official GTAO gameplay video and it basically just shows a few seconds inside Pacific Standard bank following a waypoint, and it does that in the context of describing online Heists alongside robbing cashiers and also team deathmatch -- both of which suggest a significantly lower standard for MP heists than SP heists. And the other originally planned MP heists sort of did make it into the game. Parts of that MP heists where you 'heist' a titan did end up making it into GTAO (similar how the Madrazo heist became Caida Libra mission).

As expectations grew for GTAO as a whole and specifically MP Heists, Rockstar probably recognized that their couple very basic and simplified mission-like Heists were going to be underwhelming and boring rather quick. If I had to guess based on the delays, they probably rebooted their Heists system (more non-linear? random heist generator?) because the Pacific Standard heist that was originally hinted at in that 5 second clip (the only real official preview of GTAO Heists) probably could have been finished in barely a month of development, and yet 12 months later we're still waiting.

They've made so many other missions and even two pretty decent map/mode editors in than span... a single Heist mission shouldn't take too long so I would have to guess the scope of it is bigger or at least rebooted from that.

ttech10

I just hope that that stock market bug thing will still work where you finish the main game & then do the assassin missions & bet on certain company's where the price will go up because of the person 'taken out' in the assassin mission.

SFLi1HX.gif

I actually started a whole new game after completing it the first time, because I didn't realize the point of those missions and ended the game with barely any money. On my current game, all characters have $1.5 billion.

OraleeWey

SFLi1HX.gif

I actually started a whole new game after completing it the first time, because I didn't realize the point of those missions and ended the game with barely any money. On my current game, all characters have $1.5 billion.

Didn't do anything with the stock market missions and all my characters have 18-21 million. That is basically unlimited money for the single player. Billions aren't really necessary.

Didn't do anything with the stock market missions and all my characters have 18-21 million. That is basically unlimited money for the single player. Billions aren't really necessary.
Nah depends what you do I guess. My Michael has spent over 200 million on Property and my Trevor has spent over 700 million total on cars and property. 20m is probably enough if all you do is free roam and steal cars but if you want to buy new cars or property it won't last very long.

tensuke

Does it matter when we play the old gen? Can we play it up until the new gen's release and still get the stuff, or even after the new one comes out? Idk if I'll be able to borrow someone's in time for release or not to do that.

Does it matter when we play the old gen? Can we play it up until the new gen's release and still get the stuff, or even after the new one comes out? Idk if I'll be able to borrow someone's in time for release or not to do that.
Technically the customer service page says "having previously played" but I think that just may be poor word choice. This is basically still just a Social Club unlock and Social Club unlocks (like the original SC unlocks or pre-order unlocks) can apply any time to an account. You can start a new game on PS3 right now logged out and then log back in half way through the game and still get the unlocks. That said, I suppose they could stop 'flagging' accounts as previous players after launch but I'd be surprised. But still, technically they did say "having previously played" so it's hard to be 100% certain. I'd be surprised if they 'flagging' was that complicated or timing sensitive.

Hip Hop

They are necessary if you want to buy all the properties and other things.18-20 mill is nothing and I made the mistake of just gettin that much.

Xyber

Don't know if this has been answered, but what about us PC players who didn't get the old version? We get screwed on content because we weren't able to get it before or not wanting to double dip?

Because it sure doesn't sound like this is something everyone will get from the wording in the OP and that's just shitty.

It's like they want to show how much they really hate the PC gamers. Didn't buy the sub-par version at launch? Fuck you. Want this new and improved version at launch? Buy it on consoles.

I really don't like Rockstar when it comes to PC games. Even Max Payne 3 which was a good PC game was released 2 weeks after consoles.

JP

This has probably been mentioned ages ago but as there's about a billion GTA pages to read through I'm going to post it anyway. Maybe combined with the much rumoured first person camera?
PlayStation Store said:
A PlayStation®Move navigation controller or Wireless Controller will be required for motion control features.
GTA V - UK PlayStation Store

Number45

So I have GTAV now showing in my Social Club games from playing the PS3 version - I should be good for the PS4 extras now right?

I've never played the PS3 or 360 versions of GTAV, but if I do after I start playing one of the remastered versions, would I still get the exclusive content?

Top Bottom