• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive Invitation for an Xbox One Alpha Trial [Titanfall]

Chobel

Just got done talking to EA customer support. The little head is just my avatar, I cut out my name. Anyways here is what she said:

Sx9t4ld.png

Even more confirmation, it can't be more legit than this.

Sobriquet

Honestly, go out to Redbox nearby and look through to see if any of them have Battlefield 4 for Xbox One available to rent. Most common Xbox One game for rent in my area is Battlefield 4 and Fighter Within lol. It's pretty inconsistent though, some only have Assassin's Creed, some only have Fighter Within, some only have Ghost, or Battlefield 4, or a combination, or no Xbox One games at all. I mean, you'll have to search for it, but it's only $2 to rent, which is cheaper than buying.

Not a single Xbone game at any Redbox near me. :(

Do they even have XBO/PS4 games in Redboxes yet?
PS4 games, no. Xbox One games, yes... Sort of... Again. Some Redboxes do, some don't. You can't search for them online either. It's really a luck type thing. Just gotta look around and hope. I had to drive around 2 of them to find Fighter Within to rent.

Alx

Pretty much this if this is real they'll want footage out there to build on the hype.

Well until now they blocked all footage of the game despite it being playable on several show floors, and along with positive impressions it may have helped build the hype. When people hear positive things about something they have never seen, they get more curious/excited.
Besides, you know some people will scrutinize each unofficial footage to find flaws or bugs, and that would "break the magic".

CalebW

Banned
PS4 games, no. Xbox One games, yes... Sort of... Again. Some Redboxes do, some don't. You can't search for them online either. It's really a luck type thing. Just gotta look around and hope. I had to drive around 2 of them to find Fighter Within to rent.

Interesting. I'll have to look in the two in my neighborhood grocery store tomorrow. I'll be picking up an Xbox One on Friday, would be nice to have something to play on disc to make sure I dont have a bad drive.

Mononoke

Banned
I still think the turn around in this thread is crazy. The first page is all "Scam" "it's a scam" "SCAM!". Then I come back and people are saying it's real. And now it seems to be real. I don't even...

My hope now, is that they didn't send these out early by accident or something. I hope I wake up tomorrow and I see the official announcement.

I also signed up and got the "you are qualified" page. Really excited to get to play so unexpectedly early!

EDIT:

You didn't get the email right? You just used the link that we found, and applied? I only ask, because I did mine through the email. So I can't try to sign up just by clicking the sites link. Curious if it allows you to.

My friend just tried to apply by clicking the link from this thread and it worked. He also got the "you are qualified page" and all.

Mononoke

Banned
So to those bummed they didn't get an email, why don't you just go to this link:

http://www.titanfall.com/standby-for-titanfall

And apply? All you need to do is log in to your Origin account. I'm not sure if they have a way to tell that you weren't an email or not (so maybe they might kick those out who are using the link who weren't sent it by email). But can't hurt to sign up anyways. You get the same qualified page as everyone else.

EDIT: My assumption is this is ONLY for Xbox One. That is what the email said. So my suggestion above is for those with an Xbox One.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Interesting.

Anyone think the beta is because of the 6v6 blow back? This way more people get their hands on the game and will post about it. Sounds good to me.

KOHIPEET

So to those bummed they didn't get an email, why don't you just go to this link:

http://www.titanfall.com/standby-for-titanfall

And apply? All you need to do is log in to your Origin account. I'm not sure if they have a way to tell that you weren't an email or not (so maybe they might kick those out who are using the link who weren't sent it by email). But can't hurt to sign up anyways. You get the same qualified page as everyone else.

So this applies to PC as well?

derFeef

Not really hyped for TF - but I would surely play the alpha or beta to see how it plays. Only have BF4 on PC though.

edit: applied!

KOHIPEET

Don't think so. My email specifically said it was for Xbox One. I didn't read the full terms of service, but I believe it said Xbox One there too. But I can't confirm that.

Yup, I'm already through the registration, it is X1 only. Sadly.
BJ5UJ5C.png

However if I get selected, I'd gladly give my code to someone with an X1 who didn't get selected.

CalebW

Banned
Interesting.

Anyone think the beta is because of the 6v6 blow back? This way more people get their hands on the game and will post about it. Sounds good to me.

Haha no. You think they could pull off an unplanned beta a mere week or two after a non-story like the whining about 6v6? Nope. If this is real, it's been planned for quite some time.

Pretty much this if this is real they'll want footage out there to build on the hype.

No. I'm not sure how it went down with the Bf4 alpha, but I was vigilant during the Bf3 alpha and Ea was on a manhunt for any and every video that leaked. Even actively banned people who excessively tried to post them on the forums. It was bad.
Unless they've changed I doubt it will be different.

zsidane

It's probably just marketing speak, or indication of what state the build for the public is in.

The game itself is probably done and going into cert now.

Well, maybe I'm old school, but for me it is:
* Alpha build: show to a few journalists while the developer holds in his hand the controller
* Beta1: send a preview copy to journalists
* Beta2: make a demo of a finalized section of the game to the public.

Mutliplayer oriented game are different as they usually have a public beta, which for me is just balancing the multi (like arcade games and their public beta test on select arcades).

Or maybe I'm just way old school for EA that expect me to download a day1 patch :(

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
FWIW I Just followed the link (I didn't receive any email) and after logging in with my Origin account I get a message saying 'Your application to participate is complete. If you are selected to take part in our upcoming test, you will receive an email in the coming days with a unique code and instructions on how to download and access the game on Xbox One. Thank you.' The Origin account I logged in with is linke to my XB1 and I have BF4 (premium).

Fuck yes , i´ve been waiting for this beta since christmas
I didn´t receive the mail but i´ve registered through that link , hope to standby for TitanFall soon

simples

Banned
signed for a new origin account and got the may be selected page

recovered my old one that has a bunch of bfs and bf4 xbone and got the terms and agreement page saying "i qualified." the account is originally from 2008 if that had anything to do with it

i better fucking get this EA

I love the first page. So many people saying scam without having real idea, even after the OP said it came from a ea.com subdomain. Someone even said that maybe it was a man in the middle attack or they hacked the page.
Yeah, because a hacking incident it's so much more probable than an alpha demo for a hyped online game from a company with previous history of doing them (BF3 and BF4, for example).

Alienous

I love the first page. So many people saying scam without having real idea, even after the OP said it came from a ea.com subdomain. Someone even said that maybe it was a man in the middle attack or they hacked the page.
Yeah, because a hacking incident it's so much more probable than an alpha demo for a hyped online game from a company with previous history of doing them (BF3 and BF4, for example).

Hindsight?

Dabanton

People do kneejerk but...it was better to be safe than sorry.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Signed up. Screw it, who cares about EA accounts anyway. I know I don't. :p

Top Bottom