• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive- official cover of Gears 5 and the possible release date.

Codes 208

My copy says Gears of War 4, so I guess they're going full Popular Mechanics with the naming.
Revealed =/= released. Here’s a photo from the E3 they announced it
55b732f231.jpg

If there’s any reason to justify the name it’s that a lot of us in the gears community do just call the games simply gears as an abbreviation. And honestly rolls off the tongue better imo.

Last edited:
No way that's an official cover. Probably just placeholder, if not completely fake. September would be awesome and would mean a beta test around e3, hopefully. And yes, Gears 5 is the name. Rod said that they are essentially rebranding the franchise to just "Gears". He said they was going to make the change when Gears 4 released, but felt they hadn't earned the right in the fans eyes to make big changes, which is also why Gears 4 was a very 'safe' sequel. This will be TC coming out party with the vision they have moving forward with Gears.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Nothing about that cover makes sense. Where is the light source, as shadows fall into all kinds of directions? Why does the lead character have a midget necklace? What is that red stuff? Why does the cover and logo look like the NHL’95 logo, like somebody ice skated on it?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Cover like this shows you can still have badass female character in cover without making them damn ugly.

DzUmucAU0AI2xpS.jpg

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
55b732f231.jpg

If there’s any reason to justify the name it’s that a lot of us in the gears community do just call the games simply gears as an abbreviation. And honestly rolls off the tongue better imo.

O.K.

MayauMiao

55b732f231.jpg

Maybe its to avoid confusion between God Of War.

Tumle

Your post is barely comprehensible but im going to give it a shot...Im not up to date on my Gears lore and whose who so i have no idea who the lead should be. People liked Marcus Pheonix so if it aint broke dont fix it would be my motto. If the coalition or xbox think they are going to drastically expand the potential customer base because of adding a waymen, well, IDK about that,
Just FYI. Being the mirror image of a sjw is just as bad as being a sjw. Stop looking for butthurts ;)

Also the cover looks so fake!
Maybe it’s just a placeholder?

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Just FYI. Being the mirror image of a sjw is just as bad as being a sjw. Stop looking for butthurts ;)

It looks like a place holder, yes. I guess the final one will look better, hopefully.

Last edited:

Kate looks sexy in game. Don't judge her based on shitty box art. She had jiggle physics in Gears 4 lol.

This is Gears not Tlou 2 which is designed to please SJW crowd

Tumle

Kate looks sexy in game. Don't judge her based on shitty box art. She had jiggle physics in Gears 4 lol.

This is Gears not Tlou 2 which is designed to please SJW crowd
Not what I was getting at.. just pointing out that just because there is a woman, or like the poster I responded to would say wymaaan, on the cover, does not mean they are pandering to the sjw crowd.. if you start seeing ghost everywhere, what makes you better than the group who sees Vampires everywhere? :p

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Hoping Gears 5 is better than Gears 4. It was good but didn't live up to the first three. The new characters they introduced were bland as fuck.

Hon
Honestly gears of war and halo are overated games, the only reason I bought gears 1 on the 360 was because of the graphics and the media hype, for halo its pure hype se as alot of American products i mean I've never been very impressed with starwars it's just too overhyped

kingwingin

Not what I was getting at.. just pointing out that just because there is a woman, or like the poster I responded to would say wymaaan, on the cover, does not mean they are pandering to the sjw crowd.. if you start seeing ghost everywhere, what makes you better than the group who sees Vampires everywhere? :p
not to mention that Kate has locust blood in her, she's not just some woman.

pr0cs

I am optimistic about the new game. I enjoyed 4
The first quarter was pretty bland, the characters didn't really have any personality yet and the robot enemies were boring and basically not fun to fight.
The game did pick up later on and had some fun and challenging sections, hopefully five follows that vein with more swarm enemy types.
Split screen coop is something that I wish more developers would actually take advantage of, especially on pc

CJY

Banned
Genericthirdpersonshooterdudebro.jpg

J/K

For some reason, I thought this game had already come out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom