• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Experiment: Happy Meal sits for one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korey

I don't know. They did something like this on that documentary Supersize Me where they left some McDonalds fries on a windowsill for a month and it still looked the same (and golden) at the end, and it was supposed to make you go "eww" but it just made me crave some McDonalds fries even more so I went out and got some.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
No bugs ate it? AMAZING? Out of ALL the bugs and other vermin inhabiting her cesspool of an office, none of them even touched it! Crazy!

Heh, I'd like to know exactly what kind of office she works in.

Oh, and the connection between autism and vaccines is "for me to decide". Hey, she's just askin' questions, ya know.

http://www.babybites.info/2010/02/11/vaccine-controversy/

(This is not to say I approve of McDonald's. I do not, just in case misinterpretation-GAF decides to stroll in here)

Cartman86

Banned
Korey said:
I don't know. They did something like this on that documentary Supersize Me where they left some McDonalds fries on a windowsill for a month and it still looked the same (and golden) at the end, and it was supposed to make you go "eww" but it just made me crave some McDonalds fries even more so I went out and got some.

Yeah I remember that. Annoys me that I haven't seen any real data. I hear conflicting stuff all over the place. The skeptics like Penn and Teller whom I love for their takes on a variety of things insist that organic food is a sham, then go on to say that being a libertarian is the only rational viewpoint and we need to have guns because we might need to take back the country at some point. Should I trust people whom I disagree with strongly at times? Then I read see great books and movies like Fast Food Nation or Food Inc and get even more confused.

The only science I have actually seen is on the side of organic food being for the most part silly.

Cartman86

Banned
Rentahamster said:
No bugs ate it? AMAZING? Out of ALL the bugs and other vermin inhabiting her cesspool of an office, none of them even touched it! Crazy!

Heh, I'd like to know exactly what kind of office she works in.

Oh, and the connection between autism and vaccines is "for me to decide". Hey, she's just askin' questions, ya know.

http://www.babybites.info/2010/02/11/vaccine-controversy/

(This is not to say I approve of McDonald's. I do not, just in case misinterpretation-GAF decides to stroll in here)

This is the shit that gets me all confused. She's an anti-vaccer so I already know what her angle is. And it's one that I don't particularly care for.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
MiriamV said:
If you are what you eat, does that mean that if you eat enough Happy Meals you become immortal?

I think you're onto something here.

But yeah, pseudo-science at its worst. Sure, fast food isn't exactly the best food in the world, but it's not as bad she makes it out to be.

I don't eat at Mickey D and BK anymore, not because I don't like it (guilty pleasure, kinda), not because I care about my health (I do, but I exercise a lot and have a - mostly healthy diet) but because it just doesn't fill me up. Would be hungry in less then 30. mins after chomping away a meal. Now only very occassionly order something at BK since a friend gets a 60% discount because he works in the same complex.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Cindres said:
:lol I was thinking the exact same thing.
..except i'm in the UK, Teen Angel was on Nickelodeon.

God i loved that show.

If I remember too it ended on a cliff-hanger. I was so sad when it didn't come back.

Korey said:
Looked it up and yeah, the fries are crazy. However, all the hamburgers got decomposed and moldy, but the big mac lasted longer than the other burgers. But all these burgers were in closed jars, while all those "everlasting" burgers has been out in open space. Doesn't this just mean that they were just dried out and preserved because of that? Heck, I've left homemade food out in the open for a week or two by mistake and found it look OK, although a bit dry :lol Another thing I've noticed with lunchboxes is that if they are open, they just dry up and don't stink, even after a few weeks. But if you leave the lid on they start to smell almost instantly.

JGS

Banned
Michael Pollan, the guy in Food, Inc., has often said that you shouldn't eat what doesn't rot because it's processed. I'm working on following that principle but it is hard in practice.

There's so much stuff that goes into making a simple McDonald's hamburger that these results don't surprise me too much.

Davidion

Lolligag said:
I don't believe that's exactly what it was. Why would they pack it in a cardboard box?

I'm sure whatever the old nugget recipe was still disgusting.

That's exactly what it is, it's basically the the product of chicken and meat pressure stripped to the bone, then extruded, in order to increase meat yield.

There's a Huffington Post article on it somewhere.

Lolligag said:
I don't believe that's exactly what it was. Why would they pack it in a cardboard box?

I'm sure whatever the old nugget recipe was still disgusting.
Mechanically separated meat (MSM), also known as mechanically recovered/reclaimed meat (MRM), is a paste-like meat product produced by forcing beef, pork or chicken bones, with attached edible meat, under high pressure through a sieve or similar device to separate the bone from the edible meat tissue.

Found in:
Chicken McNuggets
hot dogs
SPAM
vienna sauasages
potted meat
Slim Jims

Replicant

Heh, this reminds me of a film where a character said that these days corpses take longer to decompose because all of the preservatives that humans tend to consume these days. I'm not sure if that's true or not but I thought "Well, it beats having your body turning rotten quickly"

Davidion

Always-honest said:
Mechanically separated meat (MSM), also known as mechanically recovered/reclaimed meat (MRM), is a paste-like meat product produced by forcing beef, pork or chicken bones, with attached edible meat, under high pressure through a sieve or similar device to separate the bone from the edible meat tissue.

Found in:
Chicken McNuggets
hot dogs
SPAM
vienna sauasages
potted meat
Slim Jims

Theeeeeeere it is! mmmmm. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom