• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain Your Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Dacvak

My name is Dac, and "Vak" rhymed.
..when I was 12 and making an AOL username.

Go.

Chinner

Banned
i chose chinner not because i attack people with my chin but because i have a batman chin and because i wanted a new and different username from what i used before.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I had a wrestling radio talk show in college and me and my co-hort, the new GAF member MacstarX created the names as monikers for luchadore characters. Total wrestle-nerds. They more or less stuck and I use it for everything.

We initially added the X years ago because you'd be surprised what people have as their usernames....

fake edit: I know it's actually bastardized Spanish.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I have no idea, really. Although I do think that it's based on a line from a song or something.

Kurtofan

It means "Fan of Kurt Cobain"
I made it when I was a huge fan of Nirvana and a poor English speaker :lol
I still use it because I like how it sounds.

The book "The Painted Bird" which I am sure some of GAF has read made an impression upon me...
(particularly Lekh painting trapped birds and reuniting them with their own kind, only to be pecked to death)
Probably would change this username if I could, but who really cares.

Crow Phoenix came about around the time MST3K was ending.

Crow, of course, comes from Crow T. Robot. While Phoenix comes from my desire to see the show feature a rebirth. The fact that the show was reborn in Cinema Titanic, Film Crew, and Riff Trax is an awesome bonus.

on another gaming forum i was basicly banned for being too honest. Ofcourse some of the honesty was rude as hell, but honest non the less.

It's a stupid name, and i would never trust anybody with a name like this, but yeah, you can always expect an honest answer from me (when i'm not kidding..).

SmokyDave

Tntnnbltn said:
Someone had to come and ruin the fun.

(The correct past-tense verb would be disemvowelled)
Sorry man :lol

the_painted_bird said:
The book "The Painted Bird" which I am sure some of GAF has read made an impression upon me...
(particularly Lekh painting trapped birds and reuniting them with their own kind, only to be pecked to death)
Probably would change this username if I could, but who really cares.

I thought it was an Ikaruga reference that I'd missed in the game. Durrrr.

KHarvey16

First initial, last name and a random age. Was incrementing it since I was 11, but for some reason 16 kinda stuck and it's still there almost 10 years later.

During WWII, General George S. Patton's 3rd Army was code named "Lucky", and his "forward" headquarters (near the battlelines, as opposed to being in the rear) was thus known as Lucky Forward.

VW5vDl.jpg

Well, it's pretty simple. Whenever I played a Mario sports or party game I would choose Luigi. Now when I went to register for the MarioKartDoubleDash forums, I was eating pizza. A Legend was born.

I'm not very good at coming up with names, and my previous one was too popular at that point and carried too much baggage, so I just registered with part of the name of my website.

Arjen said:
It's my name, yeah what can i tell ya, i'm a creative kinda guy
i like that. Online on gaming consoles i always use my real name. On forums i did so in the past. Untill my mom found some of them on google (i also used my last name.. so my full nbame).

fanboi

Banned
The war between the different factions rages on for millennia after millennia.
There seems to be no end.

fanboys on either side will do anything to tip the balance of the war.

RROD
NO GAME
CASUALS

CONSOLE WAR

Mr. Jonh

Banned
I couldn't choose just John, which is the english equivalent of my real name, so i went with Mr. John. Lucky me, i misspelled it. So, here i am, Mr. Jonh.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
lawblob said:
Bob Loblaw, a character on Arrested Development.

bob-loblaw1.jpg
One of my favorite usernames, if you don't mind me saying so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom