Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (999 Staff, Vita/3DS) Site Opens w/ Trailer

Anyone have an idea what it says about the screenshot of the first game? I'm guessing it's probably something like "Hey, it's a sequel to this game, remember it?"
 
Majukun said:
Hope this time it actually has good gameplay....
I hope they allow you to skip puzzles after doing them once.

And I felt the game was fine. Perfect balance of writing and puzzles for what was basically a visual novel.

Anyway:

INJECT THIS IN MY VEINS AND TAKE ALL MY MONEY.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HYPED.

I am going to play 999 again to refresh on the story.
 
Google translate is great for this. I have no idea what's going on from the garbled text, but there is something about bra sizes partway through.

Whose side is she? Enemy or what?
C cup self-proclaimed but, in fact, from an A cup, suggesting that the type of person that she is not above lying.
Anyone willing to give a non-crappy translation of this?
 
PigSpeakers said:
Google translate is great for this. I have no idea what's going on from the garbled text, but there is something about bra sizes partway through.



Anyone willing to give a non-crappy translation of this?
I'm sure it's asking something along the lines of: Is she a friend or foe? She claims she has C cups breasts, when in fact she has A cups, suggesting she may be lying about more than her bra size.

At least, that's what I got from it.
 

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
More Good People Die coverage in Famitsu this week :)

Character Identity Spoilers!

Famitsu said:
▼3DS/PSV「極限脱出ADV 善人シボウデス」続報

今冬発売■3DS:「極限脱出ADV 善人シボウデス」
今冬発売■PSV:「極限脱出ADV 善人シボウデス」

ゲームに参加する9人のキャラクターが判明。

・ゼロ三世(TARAKO)
・ファイ(小見川千秋)
・ディオ(細谷佳正)
・天明寺(納谷六朗)
・K(小野大輔)
・四葉(田村ゆかり)
・クォーク(釘宮理恵)
・ルナ(能登麻美子)
・アリス(田中敦子)

Some translations:

VITA/3DS versions slated for a Winter release.

Nine characters in the game:

· Zero III (TARAKO)
· Phi (Chiaki Omigawa)
· Dio (Yoshimasa Hosoya)
· Tenmyouji (Rokuro Naya)
· K (Daisuke Ono)
· Yotsuba
Clover
(Yukari Tamura)
· Quark (Rie Kugimiya)
· Luna (Mamiko Noto)
·
Alice
(Atsuko Tanaka)


Very interesting info :3 Now I need to see the scans!
 
Akselziys said:
More Good People Die coverage in Famitsu this week :)

Character Identity Spoilers!

Some translations:

VITA/3DS versions slated for a Winter release.

Nine characters in the game:

· Zero III (TARAKO)
· Phi (Chiaki Omigawa)
· Dio (Yoshimasa Hosoya)
· 天明寺 (Rokuro Naya)
· K (Daisuke Ono)
· Yotsuba
Clover
(Yukari Tamura)
· Quark (Rie Kugimiya)
· Luna (Mamiko Noto)
·
Alice
(Atsuko Tanaka)


Very interesting info :3 Now I need to see the scans!
The spoilered bits are awesome info to now have confirmed. Glad to see some crazy tie-ins will ensue. How's that localization coming? =D
 

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Gunloc said:
So, how's that localization announcement coming Akselziys? I'm ready for it any time now.

Phenomic said:
The spoilered bits are awesome info to now have confirmed. Glad to see some crazy tie-ins will ensue. How's that localization coming? =D

Alas, I am but a mere fan, same as you :)

New info = super exciting :3

Hopefully some nice publisher will localize it into English >.< *hopes*
 
Akselziys said:
Well, Zero the Third basically XD

Like how my real name is Frank Robert deWindt II (the Second)
This makes me wonder if there will be a prequel featuring Zero II, where the team in that game will be transmitting/receiving to the team in this game. Meh, maybe not.
 
Obsessed said:
I hope they allow you to skip puzzles after doing them once.

And I felt the game was fine. Perfect balance of writing and puzzles for what was basically a visual novel.
In other words: It wasn't a visual novel at all. Visual novels have no balance in this respect and are little more than entirely writing. An Adventure game is a balance of writing and puzzles.

This crap about visual novels is going to be falsely repeated until it becomes pristine steel-hard fact, isn't it?
 
Well, if I didn't have a reason to buy a Vita, I do now. This is so going to be awesome. Now all we need is Layton and Wright on the Vita and I'll never have to buy another nintendo handheld again.
 
I'm really glad to see those two character spoilers! This will definitely be interesting.

Original game spoiler regarding the Zero III thing:
Would Akane technically be Zero III? If Lord Gordain was the original Zero, Ace/the rest of the execs being Zero II, does that mean Akane is Zero III and in charge of this game?
 

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Erigu said:
And he (Tenmyôji) would clearly be the old man, based on the voice actor. And the "computer" voice in the trailer was Zero III's.
Also, I called it for
Alice
!
Very nice guess :3!


Hylian7 said:
I'm really glad to see those two character spoilers! This will definitely be interesting.

Original game spoiler regarding the Zero III thing:
Would Akane technically be Zero III? If Lord Gordain was the original Zero, Ace/the rest of the execs being Zero II, does that mean Akane is Zero III and in charge of this game?
Interesting theory :D
 
Akselziys said:
More Good People Die coverage in Famitsu this week :)

Character Identity Spoilers!


· Yotsuba
Clover
(Yukari Tamura)

·
Alice
(Atsuko Tanaka)
*sigh* 999 spoilers
I hope this Clover doesn't suck as much as 999 Clover. I hated her. I'm glad she was murdered in one of the endings :D. Mwahaha. MWAHAHAHAHA.
 
Akselziys said:
Character Identity Spoilers!




Some translations:

VITA/3DS versions slated for a Winter release.

Nine characters in the game:

· Zero III (TARAKO)
· Phi (Chiaki Omigawa)
· Dio (Yoshimasa Hosoya)
· Tenmyouji (Rokuro Naya)
· K (Daisuke Ono)
· Yotsuba
Clover
(Yukari Tamura)
· Quark (Rie Kugimiya)
· Luna (Mamiko Noto)
·
Alice
(Atsuko Tanaka)


Very interesting info :3 Now I need to see the scans!
I don't like
Clover being back, poor girl has had enough :(
 
AniHawk said:
i don't like it either because she was a terrible character and i hate her.
Eh, I wouldn’t say she was a terrible character........but I would say that she was the weakest out of a great cast.

Honestly though I couldn’t care less who's returning. The whole cast could be blobs of poop and I'd still want this!
 
Tricky I Shadow said:
Eh, I wouldn’t say she was a terrible character
she literally has nothing to do/say for the most of the game until she kills you or you tell her snake's alive (and then she goes back to doing nothing). she makes me mad and angry.
 
I still can't believe people consider 999 to have a great overall story. It's hilarious really. It's a pastiche of several scifi(cat's cradle - ice9)/real world ideas with a plot borrowed from Kingdom Hearts. In fact, i bet Nomura wrote it.
 
I enjoyed the previous game, but I wouldn't have only good things to say about its story, far from it...

Anyway...
GSR said:
http://hokanko-alt.ldblog.jp/archives/67000305.html
Between my own knowledge and Google Translate I get the gist of it, but I'd rather not rely on my own knowledge (and I sure as hell don't want to rely on Google Translate). Anyone kind enough to summarize?
Same system as before (novel part / escape part). If you're stuck during an escape part, you can lower the difficulty. There's a mini game (/"several minigames"?) using the gyroscope.

The points ("BP") on the characters' bracelets vary during the game. When you reach 9 BP, you get a unique chance to open the (/"a"?) door numbered "9" and escape, but if you reach 0 or less, you receive an injection and die.

Rules of the Ambidex Game:

- Those whose bracelets numbers are the same color as yours are your opponents.
- Each game pits one player against two (so it would seem that means three sets of games, with three players each? not 100% sure...).
- A game ends when you choose either "cooperation" or "betrayal" on the terminal (wut).
- If both sides pick "cooperation", both sides gain 2 BP.
- If both sides pick "betrayal", the points don't change.
- If one side was betrayed, the betrayed side loses 2 BP and the betrayer side gains 3.
There's an example given: if you and your opponent(s?) both have 1 BP left, you could die if betrayed, but if you choose betrayal and the other side is trying to cooperate, you'll end up killing them.

Characters:

Zero III
Bunny robot that serves as the gamemaster and oversees the progression of the Ambidex Game. An AI that gives penalties to those who go against the rules. It gets its instructions from "the true Zero", who appears to be one of the 9 players.

Dio
Blond man with a hat (the ringmaster-looking dude, I imagine?). An odd, callous and self-righteous troublemaker. And yet, it says something about him having saved a kitten on a rainy day?

Tenmyôji
Stubborn, eccentric old man. Formerly part of a team training for a manned mission on Mars, but everybody was murdered except for him. It seems there's a connection between those murders and the game.

K
Mysterious masked man in a body suit (... so that wasn't a robot? huh). He suffers from amnesia and doesn't know his name nor his age. Always rational.

Quark
Innocent 10-year-old boy. Calls Tenmyôji "grandpa", but they don't appear to be related. Disappears, gets infected with a virus (wut).

Luna
Woman in her early 20s. A pacifist with a gentle demeanor and a medical license. Not really what she seems to be, according to some rumors.

Yotsuba
So, yeah. It's not her first, nor her second time getting mixed up in something like this. She became friends with Alice after meeting her in the Nevada desert around one year earlier.

Alice
Dark-skinned, exotic woman. She aims to get rid of her country's enemies, and is after the terrorist organization responsible for her father's death. Her body water is actually Ice9.


EDIT: Added some spoiler tags, as suggested. It's going to be hard to discuss a sequel without mentioning some aspects of the previous game's story though. ^_^;
 
GSR said:
Someone's posted up details here:

http://hokanko-alt.ldblog.jp/archives/67000305.html

Between my own knowledge and Google Translate I get the gist of it, but I'd rather not rely on my own knowledge (and I sure as hell don't want to rely on Google Translate). Anyone kind enough to summarize?
Feeling lazy/tired so I don't really feel up to it.

Edit: Oops, beat me to it.

BTW, might want to spoiler tag some of that material, just in case.

I find it interesting that
only one year has passed since the events of the first game
 
*spoilers for character speculation

I get the feeling Luna is June, but that seems too obvious...

The pose, age, height, and personality all seem like a good fit though. There's also the name (but I may be reaching with this one):

Luna = Moon, and the moonstone is a birthstone of June.

edit: hah guess I'm late with that, shoulda read the thread first :p
 
You could also easily make a connection between Luna and Zero III because of the whole moon rabbit thing, but it couldn't be THAT easy could it?

Also, could the terrorist organization Alice looks for be Akane's?

Re: The rules

I imagine that there won't be enough games to reach 9 points by choosing cooperation every time? Otherwise I don't see why anyone would pick the betrayel option unless they want someone on the other team dead. Either that or you have to get 9 exact points which would mean that you NEED to betray the other team eventually. Still, there has to be a way to get everyone out, unless this one isn't meant to be able to be completed by everyone unlike the original Nonary Game.
 
Erigu said:
Yotsuba
So, yeah. It's not her first, nor her second time getting mixed up in something like this. She became friends with Alice after meeting her in the Nevada desert around one year earlier.

Alice
Dark-skinned, exotic woman. She aims to get rid of her country's enemies, and is after the terrorist organization responsible for her father's death. Her body water is actually Ice9.
NICE.
 
Very cool. That explains the "Prisoner's Dilemma" keyword in the trailer.

One thing I am a little confused about is
Alice.
So
she's out for revenge for her father? But isn't she an ancient Egyptian princess? He'd have been dead for hundreds of years by now.
 
Diebuster said:
*spoilers for character speculation

I get the feeling Luna is June, but that seems too obvious...

The pose, age, height, and personality all seem like a good fit though. There's also the name (but I may be reaching with this one):

Luna = Moon, and the moonstone is a birthstone of June.

edit: hah guess I'm late with that, shoulda read the thread first :p
Unless Uchikoshi decided to retcon our version of her name into canon, that's unlikely: Her Japanese code-name was Murasaki, which doesn't have anything to do with June so far as I know.

HOWEVER "murasaki" does mean "purple", and Luna's clothes are purple sooooooooo... :3

Also, have to say, I'm a little disappointed that guy isn't apparently a robot after all. :(
 
GSR said:
Very cool. That explains the "Prisoner's Dilemma" keyword in the trailer.

One thing I am a little confused about is
Alice.
So
she's out for revenge for her father? But isn't she an ancient Egyptian princess? He'd have been dead for hundreds of years by now.
She's Alice, but who says she's THE Alice? That or maybe some kind of adoptive fahter.
 
SolarKnight said:
She's Alice, but who says she's THE Alice? That or maybe some kind of adoptive fahter.
Ice-9 in the blood suggests she's the same woman, but I suppose you're right - it could be the case that she was "modeled after" the mythical Alice, so to speak. She has some sort of government connection, after all - the Ice-9 could be from some experiments or something like that.
 
shuyin_ said:
I still can't believe people consider 999 to have a great overall story. It's hilarious really. It's a pastiche of several scifi(cat's cradle - ice9)/real world ideas with a plot borrowed from Kingdom Hearts. In fact, i bet Nomura wrote it.
Woaw that's some serious trolling In my Opinion. I wish to ask you how 9,9,9 borrows from KH , but you'll crash in mid-air ..because i bet you think kingdom hearts invented the wheel ..

So , thank you kind sir , for your input , that was needed in this thread.
 
R_thanatos said:
Woaw that's some serious trolling In my Opinion. I wish to ask you how 9,9,9 borrows from KH , but you'll crash in mid-air ..because i bet you think kingdom hearts invented the wheel ..
Your opinion sucks! Just because my opinion on a game's plot is different than yours is enough to scream 'troll', eh? No arguments, no explanation, if someone's opinion differs from yours he's a troll.... You're not on gamefaqs kido ;)

999 obviously doesn't borrow from KH in a literal sense, they are different stories after all, so no plot elements are borrowed from KH. What it borrows from KH is the abusrdity of the story:
a kid gets rich by playing the stock market and uses the money to organize a deadly game, after kidnaping various people...really?
and that's just one of the many absurd elements of the overall plot. So yes, it's a pastiche of scifi and real ideas blended in a story with the overall absurdity that a KH game has.
I'm not asking it to be War and Peace; on the other hand if this game's plot is your standard for 'very good game story' than you have low standards. Not that it's a bad story...it's just derivative and filled with japanese absurdity. Other than that, i actually enjoyed it (not as much as Shadow of Destiny for example, but more than Time Hollow).

I hope this explanation sheds some light on my apparently-too-hard-for-you-to-understand statement.
I would also advise you not to make stupid bets nor assumptions. You assume too much about me in regards to my opinion of KH's story ;)

R_thanatos said:
So , thank you kind sir , for your input , that was needed in this thread.
Do you know where we are here?
hint: it's not gamefqs
. We're on a message board. Where we discuss things. About games. That my opinion bothers you...that's unfortunate, but that it wasn't needed...i disagree kid. Should i pm Evilore and ask him what exactly people do on message boards? No need, i'll tell you: they discuss things and post theirs opinions.
Our opinions differ; you'll get over it, but don't tell me i shouldn't have posted.