• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F.E.A.R. is going to be a movie.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...mortal-kombat-screenwriter-greg-russo-1110972

Machinima has inked a development deal with Greg Russo, the screenwriter behind two forthcoming video game projects.

As part of the deal, Russo, who penned New Line Cinema's new take on Mortal Kombat and Screen Gems' Resident Evil reboot, will work with Machinima to create and develop original programming for online distributors. His first project will be a fresh take on Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment's survival horror franchise F.E.A.R.

"Greg is an inspired screenwriter who clearly loves gaming," said Machinima general manager Russell Arons. "To be able to bring his talents to Machinima Studios provides us an amazing opportunity to tackle action-packed series that are certain to appeal to our legions of millennial gamers and fans around the world."

Added Russo: "As a lifelong gamer, it's an absolute honor to partner with Machinima, the preeminent provider of digital content to gamers worldwide. F.E.A.R. holds a special place in my heart. I'm excited to bring my personal passion to this and future projects and can't wait to see where our partnership goes from here."

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
FEAR is an all-time great shooter IMO. I can't imagine the movie being good, but who knows. Still wish the series had more entries.

Breakage

I've never played FEAR, but I know it is praised for its enemy AI. I've only got access to an X360. Anyone know if it's worth picking up the console version?

TannerDemoz

Wait, I'm confused. What are the Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil projects they talk about?

Update: holy shit, didn't realise they were doing reboots for MK and RE. But has anyone seen previous work from this guy?

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

Who cares. It is long overdue for Monolith to take another crack at a game, it would suck if they're just a LOTR machine now.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Cool
giphy.gif

Bolivar687

Banned
F.E.A.R. has such a great concept and story, I hope they really do it justice.

Also agreed with MDSLKTR MDSLKTR that Monolith needs to take another crack at the series, getting back to the great AI and encounters of 1, with some of the variety and atmosphere they did for 2.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I was a such fan of F.E.A.R. Because the combination of J-Horror and the Bullet time Effect, such a great memories i have of this game.

I like F.E.A.R. 2 and was my first PS3 game.

I dont Know F.E.A.R. 3 but the reviews say that was regular, i think Warner Bros ruined the Saga.

Monolith is such a great Developer.

Point man is a ex marine whom worked on classified stuff, his brother dead pool, a marine with a sewn together mouth is working with ghosts,
Will we find out what happened in the marines and in project x? Why do both not have a mother?
How much did the US army pay for them to be marines?
Find out in 2020 on direct to DVD of FEAR.

IGN gives exclusive back stage view of FEAR, exclusive Easter egg. Won’t believe someone wears a blood shirt like in the game.

Gamespot in 60secs, we sit down with man whom will play point man, ask him if he has ever played FEAR and about every female in the movie.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
I really enjoyed F.E.A.R., it's expansions and the sequel. But this one seems a little late. The boat has kinda sailed on it.

Top Bottom