• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F-Zero and Star Fox world and characters designer Takaya Imamura leaves Nintendo

Mista

Banned
Takaya-Imamura_01-20-21-600x338.jpg

Takaya Imamura has left Nintendo after 32 years of employment, the game developer announced in a Facebook post.

Today is my last day coming to work. I took a selfie with the empty office building. It feels pretty sad to think about not coming here anymore… Hats off to myself for 32 years of hard work!

In response to a comment from Takara Tomy A.R.T.S hobby planning department general manager Tomoo Yoda, Imamura added that he will be doing freelance work in the future.

Gematsu

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Did Nintendo make him take down his post?
Don't know. While writing the thread I saw the post but when I linked it it isn't appearing

I also don't have Facebook so I can't enter and double check.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
So he is leaving to become a freelance consultant? Wonder if he just goes back to Nintendo on a massive consultant rate. Hahahah

This is what's called a soft retirement.

My uncle was a corporate accountant. He's loaded and could have retired at 50, but worked past retirement. When it got to be too much he became a consultant instead. He still went into work when he felt like it but still makes a lot of money just having lunch with old clients and looking over their books.

Animagic

Banned
Takaya-Imamura_01-20-21-600x338.jpg

Takaya Imamura has left Nintendo after 32 years of employment, the game developer announced in a Facebook post.

In response to a comment from Takara Tomy A.R.T.S hobby planning department general manager Tomoo Yoda, Imamura added that he will be doing freelance work in the future.

Gematsu

:(

way to go, leave that old house, come to VR - both titles would be great

I hope he doesn't die in some freaky car accident.

Ezquimacore

Banned
way to go, leave that old house, come to VR - both titles would be great

I hope he doesn't die in some freaky car accident.
Ahh yes, because the Nintendo Yakuza didn't want him to create another masterpiece like the virtual boy, or was it because a yakuza kid developed blindness thanks to it? We will never know. Good times.

Saber

Gold Member
I hope he can continue his own project as a solo team in the future. I used to like Star Fox, he could start there doing his own series.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Ahh yes, because the Nintendo Yakuza didn't want him to create another masterpiece like the virtual boy, or was it because a yakuza kid developed blindness thanks to it? We will never know. Good times.
Well this is probably one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen on GAF. I don't know if "freaky" implies a Yakuza hit. Have some respect for Gunpei, RIP. He accomplished more than you ever will.

edit- I was a dick and misinterpreted the above post.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
Well this is probably one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen on GAF. I don't know if "freaky" implies a Yakuza hit. Have some respect for Gunpei, RIP. He accomplished more than you ever will.
That's not my take lol, I'm being sarcastic because this actually was a theory back in the day

Top Bottom