• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

gragy10

Thanks to FV & Lowkeyedup for the DFGT advice - I'm still both shite and wildly inconsistent but managed to knock off 2.5 seconds from my best pad times :)

Orgun

Should I make it back on time for Saturdays race, I might be able to record. I've done some tinkering with settings, drivers and BIOS settings and with everything on ULTRA I was getting 40 - 50 fps. while recording.

gragy10

This game is enraging.
Settled down tonight for more practice and I get the same inexplicable drop to 20fps every 90 seconds i had the other month.
Deleted todays save game file, checked replay file was read only, still on software setting for sound but still get the same problem every lap

kharma45

Going to give manual gears a go now, wish me luck :p hopefully it goes better than last time!

Any practice going down tonight?

Lucius86

Banned
untitleda1bi8.jpg

untitled2yxy1e.jpg

untitled3mha19.jpg

untitled4whylp.jpg

+2 isn't too bad for your first league race. I was usually 2/3 laps down for all of our 2010 league.

You gotta remember some of us have put 400+ hours into these games now.

kharma45

Yeah I felt like a tit, should've just raced on regardless but I really do hate Singapore ha.

Hate Korea now too but at least he doesn't try to fuck you over for making a mistake.

I haven't had any images off Kyaw, so...

10vbqd.jpg

The Singapore GP was a dramatic event last weekend as carbon fiber predictably littered the track and the two GAF champs went on to get their second 1-2 of the season. Lucius86 came back from a terrible start to win the race, but he wasn't without challenge as Foliorum chased his gearbox until the very last lap. These crucial 25 points have really helped Lucius in the drivers championship.

Crumbs and Phleg didn't fair so well as they both unexpectedly finished outside of the top 3. Their championship bids are still for the taking, however pressure was clearly getting to the potential champions as they collided early in the race. No action was taken as they were both deemed downies.

Red Bull driver Hardan made headlines with his "phantom" driving that was only visible by a select few on the track. The mental Swiss not only tangled with his teammate on several occasions, but crashed into the Safety Car upon the restart. He denies any knowledge of these events and many "UFO experts" have claimed that this was his incarnation from another dimension leaking in to ours. Other drivers just think he was being a bit shit.

No one was as shit as the angry Irishman, however, as James threw his toys out of his pram and quit within the opening stages of the race. The Sauber driver later apologised and the team claim his judgement was impaired by litres of Guinness.

Orgun put the Ferarri blues to the back of his mind also as he scored a podium along with his two BFFs. Although it's not the first win he's been looking for it was an unexpected result and one that highlights his potential. Is his love life picking up motivating the driver? Only he knows.

Jibbed, Speech, LowKeyedUp and Kyaw had eventful races, with many close fights and even more crashing. Say what you will about the quality of Singapore as a track, but it provided an exciting race for all.

This week Korea has been unpopular in the paddock and practice for most drivers has been few and far between. How clean will the race be this afternoon? Many predict that most drivers will miss their braking zones and follow Orgun over the wrong part of the track. The only exception to this is Phleg, who has been putting hundreds of hours into the track in a bid to make up for last weekend. Apparently he also traded his young Thai boy in for a Korean in hopes that will find him an extra few seconds.

25kbha.jpg

3aoy2c.jpg

:(

Maybe your ghost will make another appearance!

Edit:

race-bannerh8xra.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

race-resultse1lpx.png

current-driver-standi0wxa5.png

current-constructor-samysg.png

Cheers Kyaw... I think mine are better though!

On a serious note, I do like the quali results being in the same table. We must keep that for the 2012 league!

Boodongkidonk, can have Ferarri/McLaren depending on what he wants now, as well. He's been in more races than a lot of people so shouldn't be a stand-in :D

Acrid and Mana have forsaken us.

Lucius86

Banned
The final league race for F1 2011 is on SATURDAY 19th MAY @ 4:30pm GMT.

Let's go out with a bang people. Even if you have not touched the game for a few months, it would be amazing to see everything off with one final hurrah with a full grid of 16 players at Abu Dhabi.

That gives everyone 2 weeks to prepare, practice, tell loved ones they are no longer loved for 2 hours on a coming Saturday. Get your computer running FRAPS properly, get Mumble working, get some beer chilled.

Let's do it.

Mad_Ban

I'm bored so...

If I win, Lucius must only finish 4th to secure the championship. Championship points end up at 156 to 155.

If I come second, Lucius must only finish 7th to secure the championship. Championship points end up at 149 to 148.

If I finished third, Lucius must only finish 9th to secure the championship. Championship points end up at 146 to 145.

If I'm below 4th, even if Lucius non-scores he is champ.

"I'm bored" meaning "I'm desperately trying to figure out how I can win this!"

A 5th isn't unheard of for Lucius. There's still a chance. All it takes is one crash/puncture.

Lucius86

Banned
"I'm bored" meaning "I'm desperately trying to figure out how I can win this!"

A 5th isn't unheard of for Lucius. There's still a chance. All it takes is one crash/puncture.

Yep, putting too much stock into thinking this is a done deal. Look at Valencia or Malaysia (6th and a DNF).

Anything can happen. But it does make editing my end of year video easier knowing a Force India will win the title...

Oh, and where does Steam take the clips of your games in their games library? Because look what mine just showed:

untitled52k2u.png

kharma45

1:39 dead round Abu Dhabi on primes from my first few laps in free practice, what's everyone else getting?

Oh, and where does Steam take the clips of your games in their games library? Because look what mine just showed:

untitled52k2u.png

I thought it took that image that you're seeing from screenshots taken by the Steam client?

Top Bottom