• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F3AR revealed.Yes, it's named F3AR, so original.

Foil

out0v0rder said:
The first FEAR was developed primarily for the PC, with the console versions as port jobs.

FEAR 2 was made to be an optimized experience across all platforms.

Im sure you all already know, but guess which one kinda sucked?

Being a console game had nothing to do with why it was a letdown...

The Dutch Slayer said:
Yeah that a new game is coming, but the name...... :(
REMEMBER PUB/DEVS of games REMEMBER THIS???
driv3r_pcboxboxart_160w.jpg

Maybe they have a selective memory and remember this instead :

24nmtl0.jpg

<3

Swifty

So, will the Replica Soldiers actually be able to flank and maneuver again? Will we get our dusty firefights back? Will our weapons not feel like airsoft guns and actually feel like heavy smallarms with a lot of stopping power?

(Really disappointed by Project Origin :p)

Zenith

Banned
By God, there better not be an abrupt cliffhanger ending with this one.

VaLiancY said:
Please for the love of God, Monolith get the gunplay you got so right in the first game and translate it to this game.

I know, right? They stated themselves in interviews that they think they've created the best shotgun ever in an FPS. Every critic mentions how awesome the shottie is. And then in the sequel they nerf not one, but two shotguns making them completely useless.

Being a console game had nothing to do with why it was a letdown...

it had a quite a bit. it was really dumbed down.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
out0v0rder said:
The first FEAR was developed primarily for the PC, with the console versions as port jobs.

Neither, while the second wasn't as mindblowingly awesome as the first it was still a damn solid shooter imo.

out0v0rder said:

I tested the multiplayer of the game in early 2008. It was truly a horrible experience and it didn't improve much even with a years development time. :lol

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Is that the actual title or is that the magazine getting creative? I enjoyed the SP in part 2 and really want to see what happens next. Is this going to be Monolith again?

VaLiancY

Zenith said:
I know, right? They stated themselves in interviews that they think they've created the best shotgun ever in an FPS. Every critic mentions how awesome the shottie is. And then in the sequel they nerf not one, but two shotguns making them completely useless.

Oh you bring back good memories of the FEAR 1 shotgun. Kicking dudes in the face, pegging another guy with a grenade and shooting someone's head off.

Barakov

Gold Member
Strider2K99 said:
Looks like they changed artists. Not sure if I like the new one.

I'm definitely not feeling the new art either. Though, I'm more worried about them getting the gunplay to be more like F.E.A.R. 1 rather than F.E.A.R. 2.

Also: Monolith, allow me to kick people again.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
epmode said:
Hey guys, remember No One Lives Forever? Poor Monolith.
Or Alien vs Predator 2. Both some of the best first person games for their time, imor.

NOLF 2 is great too, wish I could buy it online somewhere as a direct download.

nexen

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
For some reason, when I saw F3AR I got confused and thought it was FAVRE! :lol
Actually I did too.

Yay more Fear! Nonsensical pseudo-japanese horror in the near future. Good gunplay though so I'm in.

As a side note: am I the only one who liked Fear 2 better than Fear? Hmmm... come to think of it I also liked Condemned 2 better than Condemned. Is there something wrong with me?

edit:
Neuromancer said:
Sign me up. FEAR was OK, but I thought FEAR 2 was even better.
apparently not

edit edit:
epmode said:
Hey guys, remember No One Lives Forever? Poor Monolith.
NOLF was godly. How that studio managed to make something as great as NOLF after coming off of Blood and Shogo is one of life's great mysteries.

The Dutch Slayer said:
I would not care if they spelled that with L33t speak only, I wish they did a new NOLF god if only!!!

Easy_D said:
Or Alien vs Predator 2. Both some of the best first person games for their time, imor.

NOLF 2 is great too, wish I could buy it online somewhere as a direct download.

Hell, I still want a sequel to Blood. I mean a real sequel, not that bullshit they called Blood II.

Shogo...can continue to rest.

GREAT NEWS.

I love titles like this. I think about them all the time! Por2l, Bayone2, Ho2l Dusk, Toki 2ri, 2rn Evolution, 2ales of Monkey Island, Re6dent Evil, Super Mario Galax3, Nin2ndogs, 2race Memory, 4rlout, Beyond Good & 3vil, etc.

I could do this all afternoon!

EDIT: F3AR doesn't actually sound good spoken aloud. They should have saved it for the sequel 4EAR. The ones above sound better when spoken.

Mrbob

Ugh. How long before we get Cond3mned?

I'll have to go grab my Cate Archer avatar again soon to relive the glory days of Monolith.

Top Bottom