• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F3AR revealed.Yes, it's named F3AR, so original.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I can't wait to see what crap Monolith comes up with in the sequel to explain being raped by a ghost at the end of 2. :lol

Dude.... some of us are still playing FEAR 2 you know (well, me anyway)....

And since anyone with familiarity with FEAR will exactly know what 'a ghost' is...

Thanks for the spoiler :(

randomwab

So, I saw this on the cover of PSM3 when I was in Tesco at lunch. From what I can tell, John Carpenter is working on it with them, and it's co-op.

I didn't buy the magazine though. What do you people think I am?

Rubezh

Laughing Banana said:
Dude.... some of us are still playing FEAR 2 you know (well, me anyway)....

And since anyone with familiarity with FEAR will exactly know what 'a ghost' is...

Thanks for the spoiler :(

You can already see Alma is pregnant in the FE3R cover. I thought it was one of the most ridiculous endings ever, "Oh no....she's pregnant!" Just like real life. :lol

randomwab said:
So, I saw this on the cover of PSM3 when I was in Tesco at lunch. From what I can tell, John Carpenter is working on it with them, and it's co-op.

I didn't buy the magazine though. What do you people think I am?

m7c9dy.jpg

Feindflug

Decado said:
Monolith is one of many PC developers that didn't make the transition to consoles very well. These guys used to make great games with cutting edge technology. Now they settle for "passable" on all fronts. I'll pay attention to them again when they go back to making PC exclusives or farm out the console versions to another company.
will never happen
I don't believe in the "consoles are teh bad" for the development of games like FEAR and Condemned (hell Condemned was a 360 game), the weird thing is that both franchises along with Blood had inferior sequels gameplay-wise, sure FEAR 2 for example had much better level design but also had clunky controls in the console versions, weaker feel on the weapons, dumbed down enemy AI and virtually no challenge at all even in the hardest difficulty setting - I can't see how development on consoles affected the above...FEAR 1 on 360 was a decent port that had it's problems but the gameplay, difficulty, AI was the same as the awesome original PC version.

Maybe the sequels didn't have the same directors as the original games? :|

I played FEAR 1 first the first time a couple months back and jesus it didn't age well. Couldn't get past the 2nd or 3rd level. The game played like it was from 2001, not 2005.

I haven't played FEAR 2 yet (own it, will get to it eventually) but my hopes aren't high for FEAR 3.

Oh sorry, F3AR. Did I do it right?

Edit: Day 1... so its either going to be as good as Mechassault or as terrible as Fracture or the FEAR port to 360. I'm not optimistic.

Alphahawk

F3AR just looks unnatural, say what you want about Driv3r but at least that was pleasing on the eye, this however does not.

Also I'm never sure how to pronounce these things is it:

Fea-three-r? (Pronounce the number within the word)
Fear 3?(Put the number at the end of it.)
Fear?(Don't pronounce the number)

derFeef

Alphahawk said:
F3AR just looks unnatural, say what you want about Driv3r but at least that was pleasing on the eye, this however does not.

Also I'm never sure how to pronounce these things is it:

Fea-three-r? (Pronounce the number within the word)
Fear 3?(Put the number at the end of it.)
Fear?(Don't pronounce the number)

Threear

Jomjom

Banned
I'm already anticipating F.E.4.R.

I hope they've already started thinking about FEAR 5 because that will be a tough one.

you a RAD bumb SON.
did snake fist die in 2? cant remember, but all the radio transmissions in 2 should have been snake fist dripping random shit into your ear.

not the groantastic direlogue of video game Navy Delta SEAL marines.

Templar Wizard said:
did snake fist die in 2? cant remember, but all the radio transmissions in 2 should have been snake fist dripping random shit into your ear. not the groantastic direlogue of video game Navy Delta SEAL marines.
yeah, snakefist died. got brutally beheaded deaded

I know I'm late to the party, and I know I'm a jackass for coming into this thread just to spew some hate, but I've never been able to take this series seriously. The "3" in the title doesn't help much.

Of course, I've only played the first one. Is the second one worth playing?

stuminus3

SaintMadeOfPlaster said:
I know I'm late to the party, and I know I'm a jackass for coming into this thread just to spew some hate, but I've never been able to take this series seriously. The "3" in the title doesn't help much.

Yes. For some reason the enemy AI isn't so smart (possibly due to a more cluttered level design) but it's still good. It's not like Condemned to Condemned 2.

Gravijah

stuminus3 said:
Yes. For some reason the enemy AI isn't so smart (possibly due to a more cluttered level design) but it's still good. It's not like Condemned to Condemned 2.

Condemned 2. :'(

That reminds me, I need to play FEAR 2.
iPewPew said:
I'm sure there's a lot of people who'll tell you the second sucked, but if you're asking for my personal opinion, I actually quite enjoyed it.

I didn't find it NEARLY as scary as the first game, in fact there were really only one or two scenes in the entire game where my heart rate actually elevated, but otherwise I enjoyed the game till the very end.

I'm not expecting FEAR 3 to be that terribly scary seeing as how it's a Co-Op game, but I'm hoping it's a solid Co-Op gameplay experience.

FEAR 1 wasn't scary at all in my opinion. That game is purely about the amazing gunfights.

iPewPew

Neo Member
SaintMadeOfPlaster said:

I'm sure there's a lot of people who'll tell you the second sucked, but if you're asking for my personal opinion, I actually quite enjoyed it.

I didn't find it NEARLY as scary as the first game, in fact there were really only one or two scenes in the entire game where my heart rate actually elevated, but otherwise I enjoyed the game till the very end.

I'm not expecting FEAR 3 to be that terribly scary seeing as how it's a Co-Op game, but I'm hoping it's a solid Co-Op gameplay experience.

glaurung

Steam has a sale going on for the first games and their respective add-ons.

Grabbed it just in case. With F3AR... Gonna wait for some reviews and then maybe get the PS3 version.

Top Bottom