• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable Legends, release date: October 13th ( XBOX ONE & PC, Free to Play )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Gematsu
http://gematsu.com/2015/07/fable-legends-launches-october-13#VPy8uQFph8G3tbZW.99

The news comes via a San Diego Comic-Con recap video published by the official Xbox YouTube channel. The notice appears at one minute and 50 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwsINeIok4&feature=youtu.be&t=1m53s
2BJkyFY.png

update
No idea where they got this date.

We don't have an announced day of release yet, not even internally...

Crawl

As a general question how well do cross platform play games work out between pc / console in terms of hacks on pc games? How does it effect the console version?

After playing this disappointing beta for a while i have still hope that a full fleshed out Fable 4 or so is coming. This cant be the only thing for the Fable IP.

Beta is turning out pretty excellent, so I've got high hopes for the full game. I do hope they do a public beta soon, though, you really can't replace that kind of stress testing.

EBE

playing it at last year's E3 left me feeling like this was a mistake and not at all what I wanted from Fable. playing it during the closed beta left me feeling like there wasn't much to the game and that it might get old real quick. playing it again at this year's E3 just left me numb.

hawk2025

I suppose at "free" I might as well give a shot that week since I'm not interested in Rainbow Six, but I'll be damned if I've seen a single interesting thing about this game so far.

It seems utterly bland and unremarkable.

It's actually a pretty good model. Free heroes on rotation, progress persists, all that.
Does progress persists across all heroes, or only for that particular one?

golem

They're actually adding quite alot to the game. If you tried it earlier in the year and were disappointed id recommend giving it another shot

It isnt and will never be a substitute for Fable 4 however

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
It's actually a pretty good model. Free heroes on rotation, progress persists, all that.

And Neverwinter and SMITE are showing XB1 users are giving F2P games a real shot. I think this game will be downloaded a ton. It's on Lionhead to make everyone keep coming back, though. The graphics and presentation will be very impressive at least.

They're actually adding quite alot to the game. If you tried it earlier in the year and were disappointed id recommend giving it another shot

It's not supposed to be, really. It's a fun cooperative 4 player action game with a solid variety of available playstyles and the option to play as the villain. It's Evolve, without the ridiculous pricing scheme and more play variation.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
It's not supposed to be, really. It's a fun cooperative 4 player action game with a solid variety of available playstyles and the option to play as the villain. It's Evolve, without the ridiculous pricing scheme and more play variation.

Pretty much. The game also has the most impressive fart animations ever in a game.

Will fill 2 weeks before Halo 5. Good timing! Not that I'll never play it again afterwards. If it has me for 2 weeks, I'll certainly play more afterwards.

Its a very similar model to Killer Instinct which is praised for its quality all around.

FTP may be criticized, but when done right (Killer Instinct, Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, etc) it can be an excellent game

Fable Legends shows all the signs of a good model.

Gestault

They take the NDA super seriously, but I'm going to make a totally unrelated sound effect here.

[Upward, positive-sounding vocal inflection]

Though if you're hoping for a traditional single-player Fable game, it's more along these lines.

They take the NDA super seriously, but I'm going to make a totally unrelated sound effect here.

[Upward, positive-sounding vocal inflection]

I think we're safe so long as we don't go crazy enough to get cited in a news article or something. They rely most on user reporting, from what I understand, and I assume that no Gaffer would be cruel enough to turn in one of our own.

Though I'm a little tempted to snitch on Jumper, but that's mostly because I don't like him very much anyway.

Computer

I have played it. It is not very good. If you are looking for a Fable game like the other 3 look else where. It has nothing in common with a typical Fable game other then the name. Very disappointing.

Trup1aya

Because when people see the term 'free to play' they think its 'pay to win' which is most of the time what it is.

Whatever happened to 'case-by-case' judgement.... Reading about the game is free... As is the game itself... Its nonsense to shun something you know nothing about.

no one wants to become a whale so they just don't bother

i'd at least give it a chance though
Yeah, I've played and enjoyed dozens of F2P games... Never spent a dime... The vast majority of gamers never spend a dime...

In this case, if the game is fun, I'll be perfectly happy to play using my free rotational characters... If I love a character, I'll be perfectly happy to buy him/her. This model is harmless here...

So just like LoL? If so, I'm in.

Pretty much. IIRC, there will be gear you can purchase with real money, but nothing that you can't earn through play.

And honestly, if the balance in the beta is any indication, equipment won't have that much of an effect anyway.

(But now that I think of it, that's basically exactly like the Rune system, so we're back to LoL :p)

Ive also had a chance to play it and surprisingly I really enjoyed it after being pretty down it. The music and graphics are some of the best I've ever seen.

My expectations are still tempered but Im looking forward to digging into the full version of this game. It should fill the gap between madden and halo nicely.

So, is the full game just more of what they've shown at E3/gamescom so far?

Basically? There's a leveling system, customization, gear, and a hub area, but the core gameplay is pretty much team up with 3 buddies and venture forth against a fourth.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and also some kind of episodic story. Having trouble digging up a source ATM.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

Well apparently the game will have a complete story and all the Fable stuff we're used to in the hub as well. Currently we've only seen the actual 4v1 stuff, so there is still a lot for Lionhead to show.

Trup1aya

Essentially yes... 4 players , the heroes are in an arena fighting with swarms of enemies... For them it's a 3rd person action game...

A fifth player , the villain, is in charge of spawning and directing those enemies, as well as setting traps... For this player it's a real-time strategy game.

There's a story interwoven somehow, that will play out across multiple seasons, depending on how the game is received... There will be new villains and heroes to choose from overtime...

There is no Story in this...

False

joecanada

Because when people see the term 'free to play' they think its 'pay to win' which is most of the time what it is.

yeah the vast majority of F2P games are not "free games" they are "Free to Struggle" or "Free to Grind"....

If it was a free game they would just say Fable 4 for free! Everyone on xbox gets free FAble 4 !!

F2P means there will actually be money exchanged.... and whether or not that is necessary is always the big question.

Feel sorry for Lionhead.

Every game since Fable 2 has been terrible. I'd just wish they go back to what they did in the first two games.

I believe when i see it ;) A game 3 months before release and no Story Trailer. But sure there is one lmao

If there is one, then a very cheap one and not like the old games.

Feel sorry for Lionhead.

Every game since Fable 2 has been terrible. I'd just wish they go back to what they did in the first two games.

Yup, i want a fable game like the first one again. But bigger and better etc.

oti

Banned
Thanks. I guess the story will be some cut scenes or a pub with a story teller of some sorts. Well, it's not the Fable I wished for but it's a Fable and I'll be there Day One.
(farts)

CHICKEN CHASAH

Fuchsdh

Yep. I understand people who are upset about not getting Fable 4, but for what Fable Legends is trying to be, it's quite good. Hopefully the F2P aspect nips some of the problems Evolve had in the bud in regards to player population. I've been pleasantly surprised by the intelligence of both my teammates and the villains in the closed beta.

CHICKEN CHASAH
That's ARSEFACE to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom