• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable still 100 hours, Xbox left on for four days straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hil, you made me come out and comment now. happy

For a start, Fable keeps me busy for a long time, it's still keeping me busy, and it took me around 26 hours to complete the game, doing some side quests but not everything. Not talking to too many people either in the game.

With that said, seeing the sort of game Fable is, it will keep you busy for over a 100 hours. Just like the very lineair Diablo 2 kept me busy (and still does), or Secret of Mana kept me busy for over a 100 hours.

My dad would probably need his whole life to complete Fable, mainly because he's not a very good gamer. I know friends who played it (Fable) for five days and only just got 2/3s far. As I say - it really depends on different factors. Hil and Rob are probably very experienced gamers (I surely hope so!) and it's likely for them to complete the game quicker then someone else. Then again, I know of other journalists who reviewed the game and after spending 20 hours only got halfway trough.

The core quest completed in nine hours? Twenty two hours? Hell, I'm sure someone will beat the game in eight hours and thirty minutes, record it and put it online. Just to show of their skills and to set a record. Just like was done with Mario, and Diablo, and Zelda, and ...

If you feel like spending 50$ on a game and rush trough it as quickly as possible that's your call and that's a great thing to do. Fable does allow for some serious play, some serious long play if that's your fancy.

I respect Hil, and Rob, and anyone else who has a mature opinion - be it positive or negative - about Fable. I'm sure there's going to be lots of talking to come, I'm sure people will disagree, agree, call eachother names, and so on. It's my opinion that an opinion should be based on self experience, not on rumors and what else. I love you all."

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
DOA XBV had over 100 hours of game-play too!

Che

Banned
Xbox IGN once again changes the standards! From now on they'll not count how much the game takes to complete, but the time you'll play it till you're sick and tired of it. How biased and stupid could they be?????

ferricide

no.gif

PhatSaqs

Banned
Che said:
Xbox IGN once again changes the standards! From now on they'll not count how much the game takes to complete, but the time you'll play it till you're sick and tired of it. How biased and stupid could they be?????
But that post isnt from anyone reppin "Xbox IGN". It just happens to be posted on its board. The post was from Sam of Lionhead.

Che said:

Kind of like how EGM declared PS2's online service (more like lack thereof) to be superior to XBOX LIVE. (Don't deny it, I have that issue.)
How biased and stupid could they be????

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Fable still 100 hours, straight from IGN #1

That's what the liberal-xbots want you to think. Not true. Fable is 4½ hours. Tops. And that's with finding all 30 ship parts. On "mountain climbing" diffilculty.

Alcibiades

Blazing Sword said:
Kind of like how EGM declared PS2's online service (more like lack thereof) to be superior to XBOX LIVE. (Don't deny it, I have that issue.)

it's not the same Che

Che

Banned
Blazing Sword said:

Very stupid I won't argue with that. But we're talking about Xbox IGN here.

MarkMacD

Blazing Sword said:

...the hell are you talking about? Since you have it handy, what issue would that be?

Che said:
Very stupid I won't argue with that. But we're talking about Xbox IGN here.

Wrong. We are talking about a post made on the forums by a team member of Lionhead studios. It has nothing to do with IGN XBOX. I know sometimes they overrates games, but they are no worse at being biased then most Ziff Davis mags and IGN Cube.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Blazing Sword said:
I know sometimes they overrates games, but they are no worse at being biased then most Ziff Davis mags and IGN Cube.
Not to nitpick, but I would argue that IGN Cube is relatively unbiased, and if anything, can skew a bit against Nintendo depending on whether or not Matt C. is feeling disillusioned with them on that particular day. ;)

DarienA said:
Uh oh...incoming ownage detected....

Oh man, don't make me dig through all my magazines...I have literally hundreds because I collect. I am sure other people have that same issue and can back me up.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Blazing Sword said:
Oh man, don't make me dig through all my magazines...I have literally hundreds because I collect. I am sure other people have that same issue and can back me up.

See here's the problem... you make a post... make a statemente in that post illuding to having additional proof... then you don't wanna back it up. Come on man... suck it up and start diggin! ;)

EDIT: This googled newsgroup thread seems to be saying that EGM sided with MS on the online services offering.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Blazing Sword said:
Looks like the burden of proof is on you, Mr. Sword. Get to it.

human5892 said:
Not to nitpick, but I would argue that IGN Cube is relatively unbiased, and if anything, can skew a bit against Nintendo depending on whether or not Matt C. is feeling disillusioned with them on that particular day. ;)

IGN Xbox does not praise everything that is XBOX either. Those who say they do have selective reading.

MarkMacD

Blazing Sword said:

Tell you what, just name what was on the cover or any feature specific to that mag, and I'll find it for you. I have quite a collection myself.

Or don't, since you are completely full of shit.

ElyrionX

Blazing Sword said:

Dude, time to bust out the goods........

Dilbert

My finger is getting itchy on the "lock" button, since there IS already a thread discussing the length -- or lack thereof -- of this Fable game I keep hearing about. It doesn't help that XboxGamers STARTED this thread with an unattributed quote. And it CERTAINLY doesn't help that the "100 hours" figure is based on the assumption that people will want to play a game over and over again...which isn't the answer that people expect when they ask, "How long of a game is _____?"

Suffice it to say that you ARE being watched.

Alcibiades

-jinx- said:
My finger is getting itchy on the "lock" button, since there IS already a thread discussing the length -- or lack thereof -- of this Fable game I keep hearing about. It doesn't help that XboxGamers STARTED this thread with an unattributed quote. And it CERTAINLY doesn't help that the "100 hours" figure is based on the assumption that people will want to play a game over and over again...which isn't the answer that people expect when they ask, "How long of a game is _____?"

Suffice it to say that you ARE being watched.

plz don't until the Blazing Sword vs. EGM thing gets solved, the outcome will be hilarious if true even though it sounds made up or taken out of context. I read tons of EGM, don't exactly remember anything like that, but they did label SSBM a "rehash" and not a killer app compared to Oddworld, so they say some weird things sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom