• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable Trilogy (leaked?)

H3xum

Kick me like a chicken if old

Couldn't find anything on the board and thought this might interest some Fable fans.

While browsing the online store to find some cheap game to get to coincidentally tide me over until Fable Anniversary, I found this:

boxartlg.jpg

This bundle includes full Xbox 360 titles for Fable Anniversary, Fable II and Fable III. PLEASE NOTE: this bundle pack offers these games together at a discounted rate over individual purchases. The games in this bundle are available as individual downloads in the Xbox Games marketplace and are exactly the same. Be aware that it is possible to download the same game twice. If you already own one of these games there is no additional discount on this bundle, nor do you receive an additional copy of the game you already own.

Kinda nuts that they'll probably just charge 60 for this and Anniversary by itself is 40. Boo.

Seems silly to me as you can buy any of the three for peanuts right now. Doesn't appear to be any new content or redoing of Fable I

Laieon

That doesn't actually sound too bad. I know I've seen Fable 2 and 3 for less than $10 around here, so it probably would be roughly the same price if you picked up anniversary alongside them.

Edit: That being said, I don't really know what all is different about anniversary, so it could be a bad deal if that in itself isn't worth $40.

H3xum

No mention of add ons being included, it's definitely a bad price point, you have to assume it's going to be 60 since they're asking 40 for Anniversary alone.

I would buy for 60 on XBO though.

Sulik2

I really liked Fable 1 and 2. The camera in three made me sick so I never played it, but this is a great bundle if you want some unique western rpgs.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I gave up on 2 when I couldn't play it for more than 20 minutes due to my dog going nuts about there being another dog on the screen. My dog is a dummy sometimes. :jnc

antitrop

Fable 1 has the worst, most pointless, most underdeveloped antagonist in RPG history.

The gameplay is decent and some of the quests are fun, but the game is remarkably short and has pretty much no real story to speak of.

Orayn

So this is basically the video game equivalent of buying the whole Toby Maguire Spider-man trilogy of movies, except worse.

You get to see a series awkwardly grope towards something great and meaningful, but fail, fall, and die trying.

I understand companies have more incentive to release these on past-gen consoles, but I would be much more interested to see these types of bundles on the One and PS4.

Because the first two games were fantastic. Both top 5 games for me on their respective consoles.

Opinions and yada yada

I'm not questioning the games; I never played 1 but I thought 2 and 3 were great fun. But paying extra for the experience of playing them on the Xbone doesn't make much sense to me... unless you've already packed away your 360. And I can sympathize with that; I've all but packed away my 360 myself, and sold off any multiplatform games I could get on Steam. It's still around for console exclusives, but hooked up to my PC monitor instead of the TV. Haven't turned the poor thing on for the better part of a year.

qko

I have Fable 1 as a 360 download but am always curious what's missing in terms of the game informing me that I cannot access Xbox Live. Never played the original on the xbox

antitrop

I have Fable 1 as a 360 download but am always curious what's missing in terms of the game informing me that I cannot access Xbox Live. Never played the original on the xbox

You're missing out on people calling you a chicken-chaser.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I'm not questioning the games; I never played 1 but I thought 2 and 3 were great fun. But paying extra for the experience of playing them on the Xbone doesn't make much sense to me... unless you've already packed away your 360. And I can sympathize with that; I've all but packed away my 360 myself, and sold off any multiplatform games I could get on Steam. It's still around for console exclusives, but hooked up to my PC monitor instead of the TV. Haven't turned the poor thing on for the better part of a year.

1080p and 60fps with higher res textures, better lighting/shadows and faster load times would be nice on XB1. I'd get that shit day 1.

Hmmm, I think I'll still keep my Anniversary preorder, since I have 2 digitally downloaded and I got 3 over the Christmas break (don't worry, I got it used for $2! It was actually pretty fun...).

I'd love to see a PC port of Fable 2. Here's hoping!

I had my fingers crossed for this when I saw the thread title. There are only a few 360-exclusive games that I really wish were ported elsewhere (preferably PC), and Fable 2 is one of them. Getting Fable 3 but not 2 was such a tease. :(

Fable is fucking great, dumb fun! Turning off the guiding trail in Fable 2 and getting lost in that world was a blast. I'll gladly pick this up sometime.

Tagyhag

Yeah I would not mind trying Fable 2 on PC. People seem to like that one and I have never played it.

I never understood the praise for 2 (Yeah yeah opinions). It was painfully easy, the story wasn't good, and the final confrontation was one of the worst in video game history.

The dog was awesome though I'll give it that.

Top Bottom